|Jim can find that in Ann Arbor...sure.|
HarBRAH TAKE. I think he is coming. I have always felt pretty good about him coming, even before it was a popular thing to say or anybody knew the 49ers wouldn't make the playoffs or knew that Brady Hoke was a joke(LOLZ WE ALL KNEW THAT). Leading into this season everything seemed to be aligning perfectly for Jimmy BRAH to come on home. And here we are.
I will go ahead and say I am 70% certain he is coming. The numbers of the Michigan offer got leaked last night; 6 years for $49 mil. That's a whole lot of cash to coach a bunch of kids. But that number is right around where I expected it to be. I said last week that Michigan was not going to fuck this search up and this is why I felt that way; Michigan is willing to spend big boy money and going to make everybody on their list say "NO" to at least $7 mil per year. Michigan is putting aside whatever arrogance was in the athletic department under Brandon and finding the best football coach to lead this program back to the promised land. I hope it's Jimmy BRAH, but if it's not I'm 100% confident in the current AD finding the right man.
But Jimmy BRAH's coming, so chill.
We Gone. Monday night we got an approved application for our foster dog, Layla. Tuesday night we went and did a home visit with Layla. Apparently this guys wife has been begging to get Layla for months and constantly stalks my rescue's website to see if she is still available. The husband decided he wanted to surprise his wife by adopting Layla as a christmas gift for her. Pretty #ELITE. Last night we showed up with Layla, surprised his wife, and they took her in. The only issue we had was the family's current dog, a crazy black lab mix that wanted to wrestle with Layla the moment she walked through the door. Layla don't play that, at least not for a couple weeks. She's a tease, you can't just start humping her. The other dog has to play the game for awhile before any consensual wrestling can take place. Hopefully, it all worked out last night. If not, they send her back and I keep her forever. Win-win.
As noted on Facebook, my leash game is strong.
Also, today is the day that I get to tell my 20 4th graders, and the 20 other 5th graders I had last year, that I won't be returning in January. It's going to suck so hard. And I don't have any ego about this at all. If every single one of those kids just shrugs their shoulders I will be more than fine with that. And I know for a fact several of them will. But I really don't know if I'm ready for the disappointment I'm going to have to face from a couple of them. Becoming just another adult in their lives who claims to have cared about them, but then just walks out never to be heard from again. I hate being in a position where this is my best option, but none of that really matters. This is going to suck.
I was also uninvited to my final team meeting because my supervisor still refuses to talk to me, and certainly doesn't want to have open conversation with me in front of people she "manages". She's the worst.
Fuck Fantasy Football. I made the playoffs in the LFL and the MSFL this year. I barely limped in, finishing a robust 7-6 in both leagues. I knew I wasn't a real contender for the championship in either league, but making the playoffs you just never know. So you talk yourself into insane ideas like Ryan Mathews sprouting a dick and scoring touchdown, Peyton Manning finishing a year like he started it, or getting Stedman Bailey off the waiver wire will carry you to victory. Then Sunday rolls around and both my teams get aggressively anally pounded. Looking back, I have some regrets.
1. I paid Top 7 money for Cam Newton. No, seriously.
2. Ben Tate was my #2 back.
3. I paid money for Pierre Garcon.
4. Ryan Mathews was my #3 back.
5. I regret being in a league with Daniel. The guy tries to troll the commish by writing a post-dated check, which is only funny to him. Then the commish and the rest of the league trolls him back by saying he is going to be docked points for not technically paying on time. He responds by saying he will quit the league if he has points taken away. Lange is a kinder commish than I am, because I would have called that bluff in a second.
1. I bought into Peyton Manning. Don't get me wrong, I knew my team was a playoff team the moment the draft was over. But nobody is winning a fantasy championship with Peyton Manning because at the end of the year he also does this shit. I don't know if teams finally catch up with him, especially divisional opponents getting their second crack, or he starts to break down, but during the fantasy playoffs he's bound to fuck you. Never again.
2. Sproles was my #2 back. It's a PPR league, but Sproles is a flex play at best.
3. I spent big money on Keenan Allen. The fucker still probably led the NFL in targets per game, but it just didn't translate into the fantasy value that I thought it would.
4. I regret not making the MSFL quite as ELITE as it usually is. I just had too much shit going on to put any worthwhile effort into the league this year. I promise to do better next year, because you deserve better.
What are some of your fantasy regrets?
Bonus Take. What the fuck is going on with this "The Interview" movie? North Korea threatens 9/11 level retaliation and Sony pictures just caves? I thought this was America! We don't negotiate with terrorists. I'm almost never a chest thumping 'Murican, but this is just fucking ridiculous. This whole situation has been bizarre. I'm sure the movie is awful, anyways.