Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Open Forum: Who We Want Vs. Who We'll Get

GET ICEMAN OUT OF MY STADIUM
The second batch of CFP rankings were released last night and I won't even bother to pretend that I know who is slotted where.  Again, it doesn't matter at all.  The only people who are pissy about this are Notre Dame fans who lead the nation in sensitive g-spots.  Yet again, this is a pointless exercise.  Win out and things will take care of itself.  You just can't say this enough.  Pretty much everyone is playing single elimination football from here on out so if you handle your shit, you should be good.

Anyway, nothing said up there is breaking news at all.  What is great is that the pressure is getting ratcheted up more and more by the week and we will continue to have some gigantic high stakes games through the rest of the month to go along with our ELITE helpings of mid-week MACtion.  I wanted to take today to sort of call my shot in regards to the Final Four.  Wait--does this have a name yet?  They shouldn't call it the Final Four as I just did.  Someone come up with a name for this post haste.

WHO I WANT

I'm not going to seed teams because seeding is meaningless once you get in.  DEAL WITH IT.
*Florida State - You should call the Noles "Molly Hatchet" with the way that they have been flirting with disaster all season (ELITE classic rock reference).  At this point, I don't want the champs to get upset by some shitty ACC school or, even worse, Florida.  Let's have them get rocked on the grandest stage possible.
*Notre Dame - I want them to get another shot at FSU again.  Yeah, I said it.  That was a fun as fuck game to watch and I would have no problem seeing it again.
*Alabama - I don't see Auburn running the table against that meat grinder and I like a veteran asshole presence like SabeCakes in the title mix.
*Mississippi State - I believe that the four best teams in America play in the SEC West.  You will not convince me otherwise. 

WHO I'LL GET

*Florida State
*Alabama - They still have Mississippi State and Auburn left as long as a potential SEC title game so there are plenty of spots to fail, but I trust the Cakes more than anyone else (does not apply to BradyCakes)
*TCU - We will get our Big 12 representative in the playoff on Saturday when K-State goes to Ft. Worth to play the Frogs.  Whoever wins is in.  Period.  Granted, either could get upset before their season ends, but I'm in the HOT TAEK business and I believe that the Big 12 winner is a lock.
*Oregon - Meh, whatever.  That Hellfish guy looks like a real nerd.  The Ducks will win the Pac-12 but lose in the semis because they never beat anyone with equal talent it seems.

I think that Notre Dame probably loses this week out in the desert and ends that dream.  I'm sure that their level-headed fans will take kindly to that.  I don't think that the Big Ten deserves to get in (even Sparty...sorry not sorry) and there is no argument that can be made to change my mind.  I also don't think that we are going to get 2 SEC teams.  Hell, there is a decent chance that 5 teams in the SEC West could all be 6-2 in the conference.  Man, that would be a real hoot.  I'm sure that Phyllis from Mulga would have some ELITE tie-breaking takes for Finebaum if that were to happen!  My tie-breaker for the SEC is simple: Les Miles wins.

Either way, we are getting down to the fun part of the season.  Our first elimination games come this Saturday in the Big Ten and Big 12.  Give me your WANT and GET teams in the comments.  Show your work because you will be held accountable.  Anyone who picks a certain team to get in will be branded with a brown VT on their chest.  The brown is Beamer feces by the way.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOLZ @ "show your work" with multiple "no argument can sway me".

WANT--

OSU....because DUH. It would also mean we finished the regular season with a lot of whoopins.

Auburn -- Think they are the best SEC team

Mississippi State --See what they could do

Oregon -- Think the PAC12 or whatever they are deserves a 1 loss team.

Do not want the rest. Also, LOLZ at wanting FSU/ND to make it just so they can play a game when you admit that neither is anything special.

--Drew

GMoney said...

I don't believe that I said that. Both teams are loaded with talent and criminals but are ripe for upset/loss.

Lol ohio Buckeyes belonging in this

Anonymous said...

You think FSU would get rocked in the Final 4 and you think ND is going to lose this weekend. That doesn't sound like you think either is ELITE.

--Drew

Mr. Ace said...

WANT:
MICHIGAN

MIAMI (OX)

TOLEDO

INDIANA

Because Michigan or Toledo would be guaranteed a title.

WILL GET:

Mississippi St: Even if they lose one game they are in.

FSU: I don't see them losing.

Oregon: I don't see them losing again.

K State: I don't see them losing again.

The SEC teams will beat each other up and a one loss B1G team won't jump ahead of a one loss Oregon or KState.

Prime99 said...

DON'T CAAAARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grumpy said...

Want:
TCU
Baylor
Navy (Let's see Saban defense that shit)
W. Michigan (the best RB in the country).

Will Get:

Miss. State
FSU
TCU
Oregon

GMoney said...

Who said anything about being ELITE? Notre Dame losing on the road to a top ten team this coming weekend wouldn't mean that they blow. Besides Larry...Larry blows.

And I would prefer to see Jimbo and Jameis fail on the biggest stage.

Quit insinuating. You've gotten into legal trouble over this before.

Congrats, I guess, to Li'l Strut for winning his election. He better actually come through on some of these campaign promises otherwise his next opponent could call him out on his #IdeLies.

Jeff said...

Want:
Clemson (Only if Deshaun is playing QB)
OSU
Bama
Oakland Raiders

Will:
FSU
Bama
KState
Oregon

Grump, how is Saban gonna defense navy if he's not in the playoff?

Jeff said...

Oh and quit dragging the flag you goddamn poo jackets!

GMoney said...

Including the Raiders is an interesting selection!

I'm intrigued to hear from Ohio fans and will immediately regret that emotion: Do you honestly believe that you deserve to be in this even if you win out? Deserve is the key word.

By the way, the Jackets are just about dead already and the season is 12 games old. Jack Johnson is the worst. He should be getting healthy scratched.

T. Iceman said...

Putting words into people's mouths is what Drew does best, G$. Asking him to stop is like asking Rob Ford to stop doing drugs.

As far as the playoff...what Ace said.

Anonymous said...

Want:
ND
FSU (want a rematch with ND)
Miss st
Miami (oh)

Will:
FSU
Miss st
Bama
TCU

Larry

Anonymous said...

Iceman...your best at putting people's dicks in your mouth.

G$...I could see scenarios where I think the Buckeyes would deserve a shot. But, the season would have to play out before I could make an argument. I do think your being a silly sally if you think they should just be flat out eliminated right now.

--Drew

GMoney said...

Don't you call me a Silly Sally! Look, I don't know if the goal is to get the 4 best teams or the 4 most deserving but whichever one it is, Ohio Buckeyes do not fit into that mold. And winning out won't change my mind of that.

Good call on Iceman slurping dongs though.

Anonymous said...

They don't deserve it now, obviously but who knows how the rest of the season is going to shake out for all these other teams? There are far too many games to be played. In 2007 there were no undefeated teams and only Ohio St had one loss and everyone else had 2 losses. Bottom line, it's too early.

-Damman

Anonymous said...

AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE....CUZ DAMMAN SAID SO.

Anonymous said...

How my dick and neck taste, faggot?

--Frank Beamer

GMoney said...

Frank Beamer makes a great point and I stick by my point that no matter what Ohio Buckeyes do the rest of the season, they don't deserve/will not have earned a spot in the CFP. But I'm just the smartest person here fully equipped to dispense the #realtalk so what do I know.

T. Iceman said...

I don't think any Big 10 team is in no matter what happens. The conference is just too weak. But that won't stop Ohio fans from bitching up a storm if they find a way to beat the only ranked team on their schedule this week.

GMoney said...

Where the fuck has Cakes been? I feel like he has been absent for a month? Not that I care all that much but I ask because I'm curious to know if he hibernates during Windians offseason.