Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The Money Shot Says "Bye Jeets"

At some point this morning, I will be stuffed into a car with family members en route to New York City.  I am not looking forward to this commute.  I have a painful sinus infection and am still dealing with allergies.  But when EL CAPITAN takes his final bow, I must be there tomorrow night to hand him a bouquet of roses.  It does not appear that Jeter will be playing in the postseason or whatever the Windians played in last year which sucks.  Jeter is the greatest baseball to ever live and more of a man than anyone not named Dolph Lundgren.  Anyway, I'm really looking forward to tomorrow night's final home game for #2 and even more pumped that I will be in Ide's backyard (he owns the entire eastern seaboard if you were unaware) and won't even bother reaching out to him.  I have his fantasy dues so his usefulness to me is non-existent.

While the Division Series matchups aren't set in stone yet, they are close enough for me to do a prediction post!  Making picks next Wednesday didn't seem cromulent so we're taking a leap of faith and doing them today.  DEAL WITH IT.

AL Play-In Game: Oakland over Kansas City.  I see both of these teams holding on.  The A's are a mess (Fuck you, Moneyball!) but Lester is better than Big Game James Shields.  "Big Game" is one of the best nicknames in all of sports by the way.
NL Play-In Game: San Francisco over Pittsburgh.  Good job "making the playoffs", Pirates and Royals.

ALDS: Los Angeles Angels over Oakland in 4.  Detroit over Baltimore in 5.  The A's spent all season proving that they can't beat Mike Trout.  That isn't going to change in October.  Tigers/O's could be really good.  OBVZ the Tigers have better pitching but Buck is so much of a better manager than Assmouth.

NLDS: Washington over San Francisco in 4.  Los Angeles over St. Louis in 4.  This is pretty simple.  The Nats were my preseason pick to win the pennant and Kershaw is better than Wainwright.

ALCS: Detroit over Los Angeles in 6.  God, do I hope I'm wrong.
NLCS: Washington over Los Angeles in 7.  Fuck you, LA! 

World Series: Washington over Detroit in 5.  FISTER'S REVENGE!!!  The Tigers deserve to get embarrassed in October (again) for fucking around all season long and letting losers hang (again).

Obviously, all of this will change when the Yankees win out behind the STREMPH of the Captain and then win another ring for The Captain but this is where we sit today.  I got some Nattitude!  RE2PECT.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Detroit in the World Series? God I hope you're wrong, Detroit is the worst.

-not Drew

Anonymous said...

Must suck to be the person above and not be me.

I wish I shared your confidence in the Tigers. Sanchez is only gonna be a reliever in the playoffs and the Tigers bullpen is just a disaster....as shown last night with Ausmus refusing to go to it and it almost costing them the game. It's hard for me to see them making the WS.

I think Washington will win it as well.

I actually think the Royals will win the play in game if they are in it...,Detroit could be in it too....and no clue how they would do.

Tell Jeter I said go fuck himself.

--Drew

GMoney said...

If I were a gap-toothed hilljack and managed the Tigers, I would move Jut to the closer role for the postseason. You can stuff your playoff numbers in a sack, mister. He's have a bigger impact at the end of every game than he will as a 3-4 starter. BRAH.

I will say no such thing to the last role model in America!

Happy Windians and Yankees elimination day (I think)!!! It is for us at least. Can't even beat the Royals! BROHIO!

Nibbles said...

Carried the preseason flag last night. Awesome environment, even though we played our ones most of the game and Pittsburgh only traveled their scrubs.

GMoney said...

There are no caveats to flag carrying. If the Pens weren't man enough to bring their divas then that is their problem.

Real Talk: the 2014-15 Penguins are Studs & Scrubs anyway. A real bunch of Dut Guys.

Anonymous said...

Rat bastard phone didn't send my earlier post.

The Jeter game will be a hoot. My buddies, who are going, have lived in the city their whole lives, thus seeing Jeter play the past 20 years (they both have season tickets). They are going to the game together and made a pact not to laugh at each other if/when they cry during his last at bat. I immediately laughed, but then it got me thinking: Is it ok to cry at that?

Growing up a Browns and A's fan, there has never really been a player who has played that long, consistently, and with the same team that I have cheered for. So, really, I can't relate, at all. G$ will likely be in tears, but that will be because of the Bronx.

Ide

Mr. Ace said...

Baseball? Baseball? We talmabout baseball?

GMoney said...

90% chance of heavy rain tomorrow in NYC. Of course!

Anonymous said...

Looking back, it's a miracle the Tribe hung on this long. Tyler Holt and Chris Gimenez had meaningful at bats in September. That is a recipe for not winning.

Until next year!

-Damman

Anonymous said...

G$...how many days of rain would you wait through to attend the game?

Ide's an A's fan? LOLZ!

Cakes and Damman...would you say the Windians took a step backwards this year?

--Drew

T. Iceman said...

I think the weather man is accounting for all the tears being shed. That's the 90%.

I kinda forgot baseball was still on.

Anonymous said...

The rain is going to stop around 7pm, or game time. I bet they will have that field under a bubble for tomorrows game. However, having you drive all the way out here and having it postponed would give me all the laughter.

There is a bar in Hells Kitchen that only serves bacon, so there's something you can do as a family.

Ide

Anonymous said...

Drew, I guess they did since they made the "playoffs" last year and won't this year. I think they got a lot of breaks last year that they didn't get this year. I don't think they were as good as their record showed last year. This year their record will be more symbolic of their talent.

The starting pitching looks to be ELITE though for next year and years to come as Klubot is the oldest at 27 years old and everyone is signed for at least 4 more years. Now we just have to find someone that can hit the damn ball.

-Damman

Anonymous said...

Kluber should win the AL Cy.

--Drew

GMoney said...

Pineda for Cy! I'm in Akron now. Where the fuck is Seal??

I will believe no weather report that has not been verified by Cakes.

Anonymous said...

Find the nearest playground and look for the adult male wearing a UK Rex Chapman jersey that is playing in a sandbox and frustratingly trying to put the a round peg through a square hole......you will have then found Slow.

--Drew

Anonymous said...

Anyone watch Gotham last night? Some pretty ELITE television right there. OBVZ all the end game is already written, but it looks to be a pretty fun ride.

LULZ at the Penguin.

Ide

Prime99 said...

Cakes can you confirm whether the NYC weather will be more rain or male weeping? Could be quite a natural disaster.

I have been barely paying attention to baseball at this point. Hopefully the Cubs youngsters make next year more interesting.

GMoney said...

I enjoyed Gotham. Jada Smiff was looking good. We'll see if they can keep it up.

Prime us a fake cubs fan. He is no Jack White.

Prime99 said...

Isn't Jack White actually a Tigers fan?

Anonymous said...

G$....Who are you in the car with/who is making this pilgrimmage with you?

--Drew

GMoney said...

Pops and sister...no BRAHs

Prime99 said...

I feel like the HarBRAHS would liven that car ride up!

Anonymous said...

G$....would you rather have Ide join you guys in that car....or a drunken Cakes while the Windians have a playoff game that is playing on the radio?

--Drew

GMoney said...

Woof...I got nothing. It's bad enough listening to john and Suzyn call our eliminator!