|No you do not.|
1. It does not appear that he is on Twitter. Hmmm, that really hampered my research. I was really hoping for some hot Ferguson, MO takes from the young lad that would make it seem like he wants all cops to die. But I shall go wanting.
2. Up until Monday, he was battling Cardale Jones for the back-up QB job. Cardale Jones is pretty bad and openly complained about being a student last year. This isn't a good start.
3. Barrett had offers from LSU, Ole Miss, Arizona, Illinois, and Kansas State (probably others, too). A man's man does not stiff Lester Miles AND Rich Rodriguez. What a scumbag.
4. He was a four star recruit out of Wichita Falls, TX. I wonder if Wichita Falls is as neutral and unbiased as regular Wichita.
5. Tom Herman says that his arm blows. He might as well. When you openly say that the kid needs better arm STREMPH, you might as well just announce that you are running the wishbone. You have to admit, it takes some balls to put a QB in there that can't throw. Classic Urban Meyer!
6. Barrett has been arrested multiple times for selling drugs to police officers. Not even undercover cops. He just walks up to squad cars with bags of dope. This section may not be true.
7. JT redshirted last season due to knee surgery. Well, if anyone knows a thing or two about QBs that are always hurt, it is this program! I am not sure if he ever required a ride from the field to wherever in an ambulance though.
8. His actual name is John Thomas Barrett which is disappointing because I was hoping the JT would be more Key and Peele-like. I'm pretty sure that he was named after Home Improvement star and 90's teenage heart-throb Jonathon Taylor Thomas. What happened to that guy? Tim Allen probably snorted him.
9. Ohio Buckeye fans are known for churning out the dumbest nicknames (have never come up with a good one). The only decent option for JT Barrett is to steal from the WWE and call him Bad News Barrett. You could even give him that stylish cape. If I see a QB on the sideline in between series wearing a cape then you have my interest for life.
10. For as much as we like to rag on Broxton Milner around here for being a bitch, he might be the most valuable player in the country. Ohio was in good shape to possibly do something this season but only if he stayed upright. Now, who the fuck knows? I'm sure that Barrett will be annoyingly efficient but that's hardly a lock. The only GUARANSHEEDs for the 2014 Ohio Buckeyes is that you should definitely not be betting on their games and that they will have to lean on FagNasty Fickell's mediocre defense even more. That is a terrifying thought. Not for me though. I heart everything about this.
BONUS! Wears #16 to honor Ryan Leaf!
So there you go...a little taste of the new Big Man On Campus in Columbus. JT Barrett has gone from scout team to starter for a top 5 team in less than a week. That's quite the leap. I haven't seen a depth chart move like that since the Snizzity plucked Big Rex out of a mail bag and rode his ass to the regional finals! Fuck Ohio. You shit-stacks and Captain Dildo deserve this.