|Ain't nobody messing with my mothafuckin clique clique clique...|
There's a lot to talk about regarding the NBA so lets just throw out some bullet points featuring my ELITE TAKES!
- I don't think this deserves much mention....but did you read/hear that Donald Sterling letter? That old kook is one crazy fucker. I do like how he gives the NBA a taste of their own medicine; calling out their gender-discriminatory practices and now choosing to fight the good fight, just like the NBA finally decided to oust him after his pro-Ide rant, despite knowing he was a prejudiced piece of shit for several decades. Now do I think there is any chance that he wins any suit filed against the NBA? No. When he became an owner he signed a contract that allowed him to be booted for saying the shit he said. But do I think the NBA wants to rumble with him in court? FUCK NO! This guy will blow through his entire life savings while lawyering up for a showdown with the NBA. I think Adam Silver said it best Tuesday night, he wants to keep this fight between the Sterling family. Kind of awesome how the NBA manipulated Sterling's wife to do their dirty work.
- Derek Fisher goes to the Knick for 5 years, 25 mil. Why has this become a thing? Why the fuck are Jason Kidd and Derek Fisher employed right now as NBA head coaches? Prior to being hired neither of these guys had ever drawn up a play, established a rotation, managed locker room egos, or even went and got the head coach coffee as I imagine most assistant do. How did Jason Kidd turn out?
Yes, that is the best set play Kidd drew up all year. I don't anticipate Fisher being much better, at least not right now in his first gig.
- Rumors are swirling that LeBron and Melo want to play together, and they both have the option to become free agents after the season. I am a hater of all things Melo. I don't think he's a winner. I think he'd much rather put up 50 points in a loss than get 15 and 15 in a win. I think he cripples any good offensive scheme, as was shown by LINsanity and its immediate demise when Melo came back to the lineup after injury. Can Melo change what he has been for the past 11 years and become a team player? I seriously doubt it. I know he did during the Olympics, but you aren't getting Olympic Melo mindset for an entire season. I just don't see how Bron looks at that option as an improvement over his current one. And the rumor of Melo coming to South Beach and everybody taking paycuts is cute too. South Beach isn't a place for commies.
NBA FINALS BULLETS!!!
- Holy shit did Kawhi Leonard go HAM last night. That is the very peak of potential that everybody sees in him. Outplaying the best player in the world is an impressive feat, especially when the best player goes for 22/5/7/5. I am very interested to see what happens tonight. If he can come out with that same aggression then I may be firmly on team Iceman regarding his status among the Top Player list. I think he falls back to the mean a bit, but is still more aggressive than the first two games in getting his on the offensive end.
- Tiago Splitter didn't start and played for only 16 minutes. The Spurs won by 19. That is EXACTLY how Splitter needs to be used. He is a steaming pile of shit out there, but we need him down low for stretches. Just a reminder that he makes $10 mil a year to be horrible at basketball.
- I love Boris Diaw's game more than any other NBA player ever. THAT is a guy who should be getting a head coaching gig whenever he decides to hang it up. He was giving a clinic on what high basketball IQ really looks like Tuesday night. The Spurs were +20 while he was on the court and he played more minutes than everybody but Leonard. The Spurs dominating wasn't a coincidence.
- The Spurs have 4 of the 5 best PG's in this series; Parker, Ginobili, Diaw, and Mills. LeBron is obvs in there somewhere.
- I love me some Tim Duncan, but even I am getting annoyed at him getting stripped in the paint and then flailing his hands like an infant at the ref. Bro, you're the best PF to ever play the game, go up fucking strong and hold onto the rock. The officials were ass both ways in Game 3.
- As for the Heat....FUCK EM. If the Spurs didn't choke away a big lead in Game 2 this would be 3-0. The Heat are winning one more game at the most. LeBron can't do everything.
- Prediction for Game 4: I can see the Heat getting this one, but I have more faith that Pop will be implementing Part 2 of his adjustments after Game 2. Look for Splitter to get even less minutes, Diaw to continue to be awesome, Kawhi to put up 18, and the Spurs to win by 5. SPURS IN 6!!!
- I saw this awhile back on Twitter and was going to make a post out of it, but figured we can just have some fun in the comments. Lets spice it up a little bit and pick 6 with $15.
PG: Isiah Thomas
6th man: Pippen
Feel free to just copy/paste my team because you can only hope to tie it. Lets make some decisions in the comments regarding the Money Shot Invitational currently penciled in for 6/28 as well. Good day, sirs.
|END IT WITH AN ASS SHOT!|