|Happy Thursday! Now Strap In!|
And then this little exchange happened as Game 1 was tipping off:
In an effort to properly RATE the teams remaining in the playoffs, I think ranking the Top 20 players left in these playoffs should give us a pretty good idea of who should be winning the title this year, and who is OVERRATED. Leggo.
1. Lebron James. There isn't an argument here. He's the best basketball player on the planet.
2. Kevin Durant. Who ever thought a black dude named Kevin would be an ELITE basketball player? But he's damn near 7 foot and silky smooth. No argument here either.
3. Russell Westbrook. These rankings are based purely off talent. I don't ever want to see him in a Spurs jersey because I hate the way he plays PG, but his talent is undeniable. Just a horrible fit with Durant. He's also a really dirty player who cries constantly.
4. Paul George. 22 ppg, 8 boards, 4 assists and shooting 42% from 3? Without him they get swept by Atlanta. I don't know if he's a #SUPERSTAR yet, but he's damn close. And if he doesn't get concussed I think the Heat would be down 2-0.
5. Tony Parker. He has been shredding anybody who dared to try and guard him. I've always liked Tony Parker, but I've never loved him because I don't like having a PG that can't shoot 3's. Tony Parker is obviously the exception.
6. Dwayne Wade. I know old man Wade can't do what he used to. I know he's lost the majority of his explosion. But he's still one of the best players left in the playoffs. He still gets his on a nightly basis, just playing the sidekick role now.
7. Tim Duncan. Mr. Fundamental is still getting it done. With Ibaka out his numbers should look really good beating the Thunder in 5.
8. David West. With Roy Hibbert being invisible in the postseason(minus Game 1...and Game 2) West has been carrying the load down low for the Pacers. 15-6-4 isn't bad from what is supposed to be your 3rd best player.
9. Kawhi Leonard. (Holy shit did the Spurs rob the Pacers to get his guy) I get serious boner rage when I see Kawhi and his corn rows. 1) because you only see corn rows in the hood, and 2) because he is the fucking bees knees. Pop is grooming him to be a stud and it looks like he is the future of the Spurs.
10. Serge Ibaka. OBVS he is out for the rest of the playoffs, but he is the glue for OKC. Without him in the middle OKC doesn't have a chance.
11.Chris Bosh. Ol' soft ass raptor looking ass. Bosh would be awesome in Beilein's system. Unfortunately, that doesn't do shit for him in these playoffs.
12. Roy Hibbert. Every time he plays the Heat he shows up and dominates. Which I think is awesome because that means the Spurs will destroy them in the Finals. He's a giant emotional tampon, though.
13. Manu Ginobili. Is Ginobili really the 13th best player left? Maybe I just turn the channel when he is doing awful and then miss his hot streaks, because that is all he is good for at this point. There is nothing consistent about his game. He is just as likely to get a turnover as he is an assist. I love the guy, and Pop does too, but having him on the floor gives me a panic attack.
14. Lance Stephenson. Larry Bird's favorite player and beatdown king of Evan "The Villain" Turner. What's not to like? Other than everything. But it's good to have some nasty in the increasingly soft NBA.
15. George Hill. I've always like Hill. He plays hard, finds his role on the team, and hit several big shots for the Spurs. But he's not a good point guard. He's like a really really really poor mans Russell Westbrook. I think that makes sense.
16. Reggie Jackson. Not Mr. October. But I really like Jackson's game, especially with a guy like Durant next to him. He knows his role and he shuts his mouth. He isn't going to take 30 shots. He's going to distribute and get his within the offense. He's the reason the Thunder should trade Westbrook tomorrow.
17. Tiago Splitter. This clown had so much hype, but he's just a big goon. But he's a big goon playing for Pop.
18. Boris Diaw. Dude plays every position and does it pretty well. He's also a black man named Boris.
19. Danny Green. Maybe sitting here watching Game 2 is influencing me a bit here, but this spot really comes down to this; would you rather have Ray Allen or Danny Green? It's Danny Green. And he also plays D.
Mr. Irrelevant: Ray Allen. This is one of those lifetime achievement nods. If he's only shooting 33% from 3 then he is basically worthless. But he can still hit the big shot...and Jesus Shuttlesworth.
(I think Patty Mills is the next best player. He brings immediate production off the bench and plays like he's a starter.)
Of the best 20 players still playing in the playoffs, I think the Spurs have 7/8 of them. The Spurs should win the title this year and I think they will. I don't think the Heat have been that impressive. Obviously Lebron is the best, but Pop is so ready to see them again. And if somehow the Spurs get the Pacers they will sweep them. Book that shit.
So lets all tell Iceman, or whoever, HOW INCREDIBLY FUCKING STUPID it is to call the Spurs overrated. Maybe he doesn't know what it means. That's really the only explanation.
Scott Brooks is bad at coaching basketball. Like, Mike Brown bad. Like, Reggie Miller commentating bad. Just felt like that needed to be said.