Friday, May 23, 2014

MARK CUBAN IS WORSE THAN HITLER OR SOMETHING!!!

DEAL WITH IT.
To close out this blogging week in style and to send us all into a lovely three day weekend, I think it is only fair that we talk about racism. This site is many things, but we ALWAYS have the hottest taeks on the internet when it comes to race. Why I’d whip the back of any man that would question that claim, I would! We are all collectively qualified to address the issue of race relations in America because every single one of us owns a color TV no offense. Anyway, sports owner and reality TV maven, Mark Cuban, is in some hot water after publicly admitting to stereotyping and not having completely pure thoughts. I assume that this was in response to the Sterling fiasco otherwise I have no idea why Cubes would be saying anything about race. To the quote!

“I also try not to be a hypocrite. I know I'm prejudiced. I know I'm bigoted in a lot of different ways,” he said. “I've said this before. If I see a black kid in a hoodie at night on the same side of the street, I'm probably going to walk to other side of the street. If I see a white guy with a shaved head and lots of tattoos, I'm going back to the other side of the street. If I see anybody that looks threatening, and I try not to, but part of me takes into account race and gender and image. I'm prejudiced. Other than for safety issues, I try to always catch my prejudices and be very self-aware.”


Again, not sure why this really smart guy felt the need to get these thoughts out in the open, but he did so let’s all wait for Al Sharpton to finish sharpening his pitchfork and the rest of the LAMEstream media to blow this way out of proportion. We good? OK, I have no problem with this. If you actually listen to him and read what he is trying to say, then you would easily see that this is NOTHING like the Sterling quotes (as some idiots are trying to imply). Sterling has spent his entire lifetime taking basic human rights away from minorities. Mark Cuban just doesn’t like walking near crumb bums.

The only thing that you can really accuse Cuban for here is being afraid of sketchy looking dudes. Or, you know, not wanting to get close to inked-up assholes. Just wait until he meets Grumpy. What’s wrong with that? Dude is a billionaire! Now, let’s not act like Mark Cuban is walking by himself on dark and dangerous sidewalks after dark anyway but, then again, if it can happen to Bruce Wayne’s parents then it can happen to anyone! If you see a group of street toughs admiring your armoire, you cross the street. I find it perfectly reasonable and absolutely NOT prejudiced at all to avoid shady characters. Black, white, yellow, probably black again…if you look like the type that has something to hide, I’m going to avoid you.

Stereotyping saves lives, people! Why would you trust someone that you don’t even know? That makes no sense. So I say kudos to you, Mark Cuban, for unnecessarily getting involved in a controversy that is easily avoidable! Liberal pussies may hate you, but this site applauds your efforts. Bomani Jones, who is normally a pretty smart guy, going after Cuban on Twitter was grossly uncalled for and pathetic by the way.

On the other hand, you 50 shitbird senators (mostly DUMBocrats with nothing better to do OBVZ) demanding that Goodell force the REDSKINS to change their name: GIVE IT A REST. I’ll tell you what: I will get the REDSKINS to change their name when the government gets rid of the Tea Party. Deal? Exactly. Fucking asshole politicians are so worthless (especially in NW Ohio). Worry about your own shit instead of something that doesn’t concern you, Harry Reid. Like you even know any Native Americans anyway.

That will do it for this week, you bigots. Just know that every time that you avoid eye contact with a black guy, you are pretty much lynching him apparently. God damn, the media sucks. When old Screamin’ A Smiff shows up on SportsCenter immediately and says that this isn’t a big deal at all, you know that it isn’t a big deal at all. Now let’s all sit back and LOL at the people who you know are going to surface and demand that Cuban is banned from the NBA for life. Have a good, long, and inebriated weekend, folks, and we’ll be back on Tuesday with Iceman’s usual unemployed nonsense.

25 comments:

T. Iceman said...

This is an outrage! Ban Cuban for life!! RACIST!!!!

LOL. Agree with everything you said. It's really not that bad what Cuban is saying...but it needs to be said that for a smart guy he's really fucking dumb for blabbing like that. At this point just assume everyone is out to get you and say no comment. It'll be interesting to see how Silver responds since implementing the death penalty for racially charged comments/actions.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, zero problems with Cuban....also fun to watch him own the black journalists on twitter yesterday. Iceman....Silver's not a retard and there is zero comparison to Sterling's comments...he's not going to even think about doing anything.

--Drew

Grumpy said...

What he said he would do is what any prudent person would do. He probably could have said it in a more acceptable way; hoodies have become a racially charged piece of apparel, even though we probably all own them. They take on a different connotation when worn by black teens.

If I'm approached by a person of any race wearing a hoodie I shoot first and ask questions later.

GMoney said...

You see! Grumpy says "kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out"!

Had he not used the hoodie example, this would be nothing. But he did and now you have gigantic tool Bill Plaschke on Around The Horn yesterday demanding heavy fines and suspension because of that one time that the Miami Heat all wore hoodies to support Trayvon. OBVZ that means that Cuban wants all of the Heat players to work his cotton fields. Plaschke is truly awful.

Whoa! If I have Iceman, Drool, AND Grump agreeing with my take before 8 am, I must be pretty ELITE!

GMoney said...

By the way, knowing what we know now about George Zimmerman and his DMX punking ways, why would ANYONE wear their hood up over the head anymore?

"If you want to meet a billionaire and be friends with him, then don't look like a convicted felon" is the lesson here.

T. Iceman said...

I agree that he shouldn't do anything, Drew. But there's going to be massive pressure for Silver to act on this. This is what people were talking about when they said Silver set a dangerous precident when banning Sterling. Where do you draw the line in the sand? Like I said...I don't have a problem with anything Cuban said. But a lot of idiotic people will. And I'm sure some players will too.

Prince Fielder. LOL. So fat he needs hotdog neck surgery.

Prime99 said...

I agree with everyone. Only people who don't give a shit about context, or critical thinking will have a problem with what Cuban said. What's that? That is still 90% of the world? SHIT.

The only thing Cuban did that was dumb was call out Trayvon (basically.) Like Grumpy said, that has become a racial symbol. I do love me a hoodie, but I rarely ever wear the hood, if that makes sense.

Anonymous said...

Whenever I wear hoodie, I use the hood part as a modified neckroll. You just have to roll the hood up and you look like the same bad ass that you were on the high school football field.

--Brian Hastings #56, Owner of the Greatest Comeback in Two-A-Days history and Tupac is still alive

Anonymous said...

I wear the hood, but would still cross the street from any black.

Fuck Jeff Carter.

Ide

T. Iceman said...

Hastings! Why haven't you accepted my Facebook friend request? It's been well over a year since I requested you. Let's bury the hatchet.

I'm all about the hood feature on a sweatshirt. I'm not 80 years old or G$ and wear hoodless sweatshirts. Dumb. Plus I'm not gonna let some racist Mexican scare me off from wearing my hood. The best part of a hood is when I have it up at the store it lets the workers know I have zero interest in speaking to them about anything. That includes, "can I help you with something?". No. You can't. I know what I need and if I need help finding it I will take my hood down and come find you. Now piss off and let me shop in peace.

GMoney said...

Nice win by the Habs last night. I STILL BELIEVE IN YOU GUYS!!!

I loved how the Rangers called a timeout last night and Scott Arniel was working the white erase board. I just assumed that he was writing "I am a fucking moron" on it over and over.

It was nice to see Derek Dorsett get into a fight though. Last night's loss dropped his NHL fighting record to an impressive 0-244.

LA/NYR would be the worst thing ever. But IF it were to happen, I would throw my support to the Kings because fuck the Rangers.

Prime99 said...

I cannot support the LA Kings. They are awful. Besides, G$, you don't have to cheer for either team (like Cakes.)

More offensive than Cuban? Iceman's forthcoming Memorial Day rant where he scoffs at the HEROES that gave us this somber and reflective holiday. REMEMBER THE REASON FOR THE SEASON.

Jeff said...

Yes, great win by the Habs, especially since they were totally out played. I love me some PK, as long as he is not wearing a hoodie, no offence. Dude was signing the national anthem of fuckin 'Merica before the game!

I did not see the Bomani stuff on twit, but if it is how you described it then fuck him. He's better than that.

T. Iceman said...

Awe shit! I almost forgot it's National Cookout Weekend!! That's what this entire weekend is for, right????

My rant, Prime, is about the asshole pretentious dick turds who plaster motivational posters all over social media reminding everyone that Memorial Day is not National Cookout day. Stop acting like everyone thinks this weekend is about cookouts and an extra day off work because everyone knows what Memorial Day is for. So don't act like I'm a terrorist because I want to take advantage of the warm weather with some friends. I can multi task. I can cook a burger and appreciate what Memorial Day is at the same time.

GMoney said...

Memorial Day should be about CHRIST!

Speaking of cookouts, who wants a Johnny Football hot dog bun dick pic??? I hear that it is worth 25 million somehow!

GMoney said...

Prime, it would be more of a "gun to my head" pick of Kings over Rangers. The Kings have already won one with Jeff Carter so it wouldn't bother me as much as the Rags.

That Tokarski guy was really solid last night.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Iceman on the Memorial Day business. Get fucked military wives (usually the culprits). You don't do a goddamned thing heroic by not fucking some other guy while your husband, who is likely at most a high school graduate, goes off to another country, because he couldn't figure out what he wanted to do when he graduated (if he did).

Ide

GMoney said...

Wow. I don't know what to say. Ide is anti-American soldier. I'm speechless here. Did not know that that was possible. Are you sure that you are a Republican?

Anonymous said...

No, just anti military wives. Don't get mad at us for barbecuing when we didn't go to war. I'm all for the military, and supporting them, but at the end of the day, its their choice to enlist not mine. They want to be all they can be, go for it, I support it. You want to chastise me over grilling a fucking hot dog, then go play in a mine field on your next tour. I'd rather eat grilled steak than remember dead guys that I've never met.

Ide

Mr. Ace said...

Hmm..... The issue with what Cuban said is the way he described each situation. In order for Cuban to be afraid of a white guy they need to be a skin head with tats all over. In order for Cuban to be afraid of a black guy he has to be wearing a hoodie. If that isn't obviously bigoted and racist then I don't know what is.

That being said, it is nothing like the Sterling stuff. Sterling has a history of overtly racist behavior. Cuban was being honest about stereotyping people.

We all have these generalizations and reactions to them. Even I, black hood kid whisperer, have those gut reactions. The difference is I challenge them and go against that reaction. I don't cross the street. I don't avoid eye contact. Some people don't feel comfortable doing that, and that's okay. But we can't act like it isn't racist just because it isn't Donald Sterling/ Zimmerman level racist.

I missed the twitter storm surrounding this. I will have to go look back through Bomani Jones' TL and see what he had to say. I'm usually on the same page as him in these matters, but sometimes he takes it to a different level .

GMoney said...

You heard it here first, folks, Ape is a better human being than Mark Cuban. That billionaire probably doesn't even compost!

Mr. Ace said...

Well Cuban did just make a veiled defense for Sterling's comments, didn't he? Ace> Cuban

I bet he's a miracle gro kind of guy.

GMoney said...

Probably buys Scotts from Li'l Poopson.

Why is no one LOLing at the Manziel allegation? It reads like it was written by PFTCommenter.

T. Iceman said...

That fake Manziel lawsuit is pretty hilarious. Long John Silvers. LOL!!

GMoney said...

Judureon Clowney's penis...which for some reason he has a picture of!