Monday, February 10, 2014

GO BACK TO AFRICA! Or Something...

The only true Superfan is Mark Bockelman, bruh!
In the world of hockey, the term "Bobby Orr Hat Trick" refers to a player scoring a goal, recording an assist, and getting into a fight all during the course of one game.  In Lubbock, TX, the "Jeff Orr Hat Trick" means that you watch your team pull off an upset win, say a bunch of racist stuff, and then get into a fight with a black kid more than half your age".  Needless to say, Jeff Orr pulled off the trifecta on Saturday night.  And in dominating fashion to boot!

I've been writing about race a lot here recently and it is because I am not afraid or ashamed to take on the STRONG TAKES.  Today will be no different.  Let's be honest: the incident at Texas Tech with Marcus Smart on Saturday was not good.  I was watching ESPN when it happened (because I am lame) and, sadly, this was not shocking to me at all.  I was more surprised at my mother-in-law yelling at the manager of Applebee's earlier because they don't carry The Big Ten Network (which was hilarious but really embarrassing) and she wasn't able to watch the second half of the Ohio game.  I mean, why the fuck wouldn't a restaurant with Ohio stuff on the wall carry the Big Ten Network?  Whatever.  Let's break this down:

Marcus Dumb has been losing his marbles for awhile now - If you've been paying attention at all to college hoops this year, you know that Smart is regressing under the YUGE expectations that have been put on his shoulders since he decided to come back for a second season in Stillwater.  He hasn't played to his (and America's for that matter) lofty standards.  He has been getting more and more frustrated visibly over the past few weeks.  Something was going to give sooner than later.  Attacking a fan, though, was not what I had in mind (but I will take it).  Make no mistake and don't try to excuse this: He was 100% wrong to do what he did.

It doesn't even matter what Jeff Orr said - The mainstream media seems to be confused by this.  Smart was born and raised in Texas.  Whatever Orr might have said, I have to believe that he has already heard from fans a thousand times before.  It sucks and it is wrong.  I get that.  Grown men should know better.  But that doesn't give any athlete carte blanche to pie-face a mouthy asshole.  EVER.  I'm positive that the superfan deserved to lose some teeth for being a middle-aged child, but not from Marcus.  FACT.

The lady next to Orr is a delight - I have no idea how I would have reacted to the ugly situation, but pointing at the kid with a "did you see that" look was LOLZ.  Yeah, lady, everyone saw it.  Congrats on becoming a meme.

Nice officiating, Big 12 refs - One of the best players in the country just blew his top and went after a fan a few rows deep behind the basket.  How about we get him out of there and administer an extremely limp-wristed technical foul!  I would love to hear the logic behind not kicking Smart out of the game there.  Ed Hightower would have been all over this.

Walking back to the locker room in a defiant manner didn't help - Poor job by Travis Ford (typical from a UK alum) by not getting his fragile stud out of there immediately.  It's easy to criticize now but Smart needed to be taken out of there ASAP and not still be around while the fans stormed the floor.  I'm actually surprised that nothing happened then.  If I were a Red Raider student, I would have immediately got as close to Smart as I could have and told him that I disapproved of his actions and wished him luck in his future endeavors.  Because I am all class, you see.

What should the Big 12 do here? - Glad you asked!  By the time that this posts, the punishment will probably already be handed down by the league.  Personally, I think he should be suspended for the rest of the regular season but eligible for postseason play.  It needs to be stiff.  You can't do what Ron Artest and Vernon Maxwell have done.  Don't give me that "heat of battle" garbage or excusing this because of a racist remark.  That is irrelevant.  Don't lose sight of the issue here just because a dipshit white guy ran his mouth.  Dipshit white guys (Ide) run their mouths all the time.

At least we know who will lose in the first round now - Yeah, when it comes time to fill out your brackets, it doesn't matter who they Cowboys are playing (if they even make it at all now).  Pick them to lose because they will.

Now that football season is over, I sometimes worry about a lack of things to talk about.  One of the better players in college basketball heading into the second row to push a fat bigot really helped ease my doubt!  I don't know where Marcus Smart would have been picked this coming June (probably in the 5-10 range) but now I think that he'll be lucky to go in the lottery.  Even bad teams like the Cavs and Pistons don't want angry and mentally weak guys that want to fight everybody.  Marcus might be a nice fit for the Sambos though (no offense).

Before I finish my HOT TAEK, I want to tell a related story.  In December of 1999, I made the trek down to Millett Hall with a bunch of guys from my freshmen dorm as Xavier was in town (coached by Skip Prosser and a young David West was on the team).  The RedHawks managed a nice 9 point win over the Musketeers whose best player was a big guy named Aaron Turner.  Toward the end of the game, when it was decided, Turner looked up into the student section where a young G$ was prominently featured so I did what any normal person would do...I pointed at Turner and acted out the motion of him performing aggressive oral sex on me with both of my hands on the back of his head.  MATURITY BRAH.  He nodded his head and mock laughed at the ELITE homo gesture (wait, did he agree to my terms? am I interacially gay?).  And that was that.  That is how fans and players should interact.  With gay innuendo (in your end-o).

I'm sorry that Marcus Smart felt the need to attack a random racist during a game.  But let's be honest here, what was said to him was not even close to all of the awful shit that was said toward JJ Redick during his Duke days.  NOT EVEN CLOSE.  Then again, everything said about Redick was true.  This was a shitty situation where no one is right, but Smart broke the cardinal rule of being an ELITE athlete.  And now he needs to pay.

52 comments:

Mr. Ace said...

People calling for suspensions for the rest of the season need to GIVE IT A REST! He shoved some fat guy and walked away. He didn't punch him. He didnt continue to go after him. He didn't assault old white ladies. A grown man made an offensive comment to him and he turned around and pushed him. Slow Clap for Marcus Smart.

Sit him down for 3-4 games and then forget about it. The TT fan has been doing this shit for years, I'm glad Smart called him on his shit.

Should Smart have pushed him? No. But lets not act like he curb-stomped the guy either.

The Cavs would totes draft Marcus Smart.

GMoney said...

Going into the stands after a middle-aged white guy that called you just "a piece of crap" apparently is bad. It is really bad. You don't attack a fan ever, tofu boy. I could at least see why Artest went nuts but not Smart. And there is no way that he knew of Orr's past actions which weren't heinous anyway. Making weird faces and mock flipping off the opposition is childish but not horrible.

You and other people of your ilk seem to want to make Dumb into a victim here when the victim is the fine Orr gentleman who came to watch a game and not get attacked by a thug!

But yeah, he is definitely Cav material (have not lost since Chris Grant was canned!).

Any hot Michael Sam takes? Good for him but I won't be shocked if he never plays football again.

Mr. Ace said...

He went into the seats as a result of the play. Not like he was standing on the baseline, head the comment, and then charged into the stands. I don't think there was a victim here.

TALK SHIT GET HIT. BANG BANG.

Mike Sam sucks hahahahahahaha.

Jeff said...

"Going into the stands". Bit of a stretch since the play took him there.

Dude told him to "Go Back to Africa"

Kids with rough upbringings (not sure if Smart did, but wouldn't be surprised) always have to protect their street cred, BRAH.

Anonymous said...

I couldnt disagree with you more on this....

First off, stop exaggerating and comparing this to Malice at the Palace. Those "thugs" went into the stands on their own to beat up white people. Dude was in the stands due to a hustle play.

Was Smart wrong? Absolutely. Do I agree with what he did? Absolutely. Actually, he should have knocked that fat fuck out, then smacked his fat wife (or whoever that bitch was) in the forehead with his dong.

Seriously, stop saying "going into the stands" like he was at half court and heard a guy talking shit and ran into the 15th row. Dude was first row behind floor seats and standing over-top of Smart as he was on the ground.

I hope the Cavs draft him.

Fans arent and shouldnt be thought of as invincible. Especially this fat fuck.

I am the furthest thing from a OK State fan, but dude deserved more than the push.

Seal

GMoney said...

He went into the stands. If he landed right in front of Orr, I would agree with you. But he didn't since Orr is 2-3 rows back, he went after him. Also, he got up and faced the court and THEN turned around to go after Superfan.

The audio and pretty much everyone there says that no Africa lines were said. The audio/video from the cameraman that was trampled by this thug also confirms this.

Sounds to me like "piece of crap". And having watched Dumb slowly melt down over the past month or two, this volcano was going to erupt and it did on a guy who pretty much did nothing but throw out a minor insult.

GMoney said...

Who knew that we had so many classless thugs among us. I would hate to be our server at RibFest because that person is highly likely to get sucker punched.

Dude bros...listen...when you play bigtime college hoops, can we all agree that everyone has heard it all before and is used to abuse on the road? Good. Especially ELITE players like Smart. So when you make a hustle play and big whitey calls you a poopface, why are you going bananas? BECAUSE YOU ARE A LOOSE CANNON AND HAVE BEEN FOR A WHILE NOW.

Jeff said...

Heat of the moment. It's big time competitive athletics. Emotions become uncontrollable. Just ask Richard Sherman what happens when you try to the best corner in the game with a mediocre receiver like Crabtree.

Is it "OK"? No, but it has happened before and will happen again. I can't blame him for doing that.

Mr. Ace said...

HE FUCKING PUSHED HIM, AND NOT VERY HARD AT THAT. He didn't lose his shit. He didn't go bananas. A volcano didn't erupt. We all agree he shouldn't have done it, but superfans like yourself are overreacting because you're scurrred that whitey might not be able to hurl insults without repercussions.

I have no idea what he said. From my amateur lip reading skills I didn't see anything like Africa or N-word. I don't really care, though.

Jeff said...

Suspension warranted, but I'm not going to crucify him.

Anonymous said...

No doubt this dude is a loose cannon. I also think he is a damn good ball player as well.

College kids represent their college's, yes, and need to act like grown-ups and not freak out like this. BUT on the other hand, they are just that, kids. Immature kids, who are NOT getting paid for what they do, and most arent even of age to legally drink (This really doesnt make my point, only justifies how these players are kids). Does this make what he did ok? No. But I think the grown up in this situation needed his ass beat.

Do I hate ever player that has ever went to Duke, Kansas, or Florida? Yes. Do I at least respect them enough to not call a kid a "piece of crap" to their face? Absolutely.

Ultimately both guys are in the wrong and I see your point. I just see it from a different angle.

Seal

GMoney said...

Maybe if Dumb spent less time fighting fans and more time on his jumper, OK State wouldn't be a first round upset waiting to happen.

It's happened now like 3 times in the past 30 years. It isn't like this is a weekly thing. You don't get physical with fans. Ever. Like I said, it doesn't matter what they say.

Three games is too light. I would have given him the chair. How am I supposed to ever feel comfortable at a CBJ game again when another team's goon could come up to my seat and watch me kick his ass? THINK OF THE FANS!

GMoney said...

As I said in the post, everyone is wrong here but this situation isn't a blog topic if Marcus Fart doesn't go insane. FACT.

GMoney said...

And we all know that the student sections around the country are saying way worse things than "piece of crap". Like I also said, just ask JJ Redick about that and he never went into the crowd to get double penetrated (from what I remember).

All I do is win.

Grumpy said...

What Seal said.

Jeff said...

Very surprising to see G$'s liberal ass go all Rush Limbaugh on us today.

Mr. Ace said...

Where is Drooler? We need everybody calling G$ a dumb twat today.

GMoney said...

Drooler will defend my correct honor because he likes being the Commenter of the Year.

You know, maybe if you're a top 5 pick and you can't win a game at Texas Tech, you ARE a piece of crap???

GMoney said...

Don't forget about Zombie Time later today, folks!

Jeff said...

It would all be OK if he called him a piece of carp though, right?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for throwing putting the Drooler Signal in the air Ape...I am here now!

Here's how wrong G$ is....Slow Seal is right. This is a laughable take by somebody that has the word "ELITE" in their twitter handle. First of all, any comparisons to the Malice in the Palace is ridiculous. He was brought into the stands because of his play. Then if you try to say that he went "2 or 3 rows" into the stands, then I question whether you've even seen a replay as he turned when he got up and was still able to shove the guy.

He shouldn't have shoved the guy...but, a two hand shove to some ignorant fuck is hardly the end of hte world. Three game suspension seems fine to me....calling for the entire regular season is LOLZ-worthy.

--Drew

Randall Stevens said...

I just watched the video of the incident. I'm not sure where this "went into the crowd" idea comes from. Smart anded a row into the crowd because of the play. Then when racist guy said whatever he said, Smart only had to walk literally 3 steps to confront the dude. And Smart definitely was not in the process of walking back to the court since he was still seated when fatty ran his mouth. Smart heard it, stood up and walked 3 steps to grab himself a handful of fat man tits.

The punishment fits. And I think anyone would have a hard time restraining themselves in a situation like that. Smart isn't right for what he did, but I can't kill him for it considering how it went down.

Mr. Ace said...

BOOM COY'd

GMoney said...

How many regular season games are left anyway? 6 or so? That seems fair for getting violent with an innocent white land owner. Looks like my only back-up today will be Ide (who will agree with me FO SHO).

Fair or not, when you shove a fan, The Malice is going to be brought up.

It's becoming more and more OBVZ that nothing racial was said so I am finding it even harder to defend this buffoon (notice that I didn't say babboon and this does not count).

Travis Ford is a shitty coach though because he went to UK. FACT.

Anonymous said...

I agree with G$. I don't care how the player got into the stands. He was there and he assaulted a fan. If the fan was on the court, then it wouldn't be a big deal. Dumb is going to hear a hell of a lot worse shit in his life from fans. If you can't ignore it, then major sports aren't for you. I h8 agreeing with g$.

Has Ace ever not sided with the black man?

Dut

Mr. Ace said...

You got Dut, G$. You might as well just take this post down.

I was anti-TP...although I kind of like him now as a Raider. That's all I've got.

Jeff said...

Dut agrees with G$. You know how I know you're wrong?

Anonymous said...

I LOL'd at the last two posts from Ace and Jeff... LOLZ at G$.

Seal

GMoney said...

Dut for Commenter of the Year. He is a LOCK.

Aaron Craft constantly takes abuse from opposing fans and is always diving everywhere for balls. Still haven't seen him fruity slap anyone.

Anonymous said...

G$, Dut and Ide....it's like a retarded superhero triumvirate.

--Drew

GMoney said...

You'll be sucking our dicks when we are getting all the big movie roles in Hollywood, BRAH! We have connections!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how many of you guys are ok with a player shoving a fan. I do think the punishment is about right, but there should NEVER be justification for any player putting his hands on any fan, especially when said fan didn't call him an N-word jim or something of that nature.

Buke

Anonymous said...

LOLZ @ Buke. Read much bro? Pretty much every single person here has said he shouldn't have done it and that 3 games fits. People have just said it in no way compares to Artest and that he didn't "go into the stands". So, people pretty much have said exactly what you just said.

--Drew

Randall Stevens said...

G$ needs zombie talk to save his taint. So far the only one in his corner is Dut. Those 2...just hangin out...smellin' each other's farts.

GMoney said...

Dut, Burke, and absent Ide are on Team G$. That's a damn solid team (minus Ide).

Wait, so if everyone agrees that everyone involved is wrong, then what are we actually arguing about? Minor semantics? The suspension LEMPH? If we all agree that he shouldn't have attacked a fan (which he did) over being called a piece of crap and this is going to negatively impact his draft status, then how am I wrong?

As a guy who has never been wrong, I am confused as to why the H8RZ would say so today.

Grumpy said...

G$,Dut and Ide. There's a reprise of The Entourage just waiting to happen.

GMoney said...

ZOMBIE TIME!!!

OK so the second half of season 4 premiered last night and it was a bit of a bore considering that we only followed along three people (or four if you count Hershel's zombie head). It was heavy on the Carl which is never a good thing. My thoughts:

*So Michonne is breaking down which is great because that character shouldn't have been as one-note and boring as they have made her. The zombie slice spree was ELITE.

*Michonne hosts the worst wine and cheese parties. Let that be a lesson: art is stupid and if you talk about it, your loved ones will kill you.

*Rick looked like holy hell last night which was good for a chuckle. So...what happened to him on the couch? Was he in a coma? Did he drink a few hundred bottles of Rumplemintz off camera?

*I win. No you don't, kid. You suck.

*Carl, take a seat. We need to talk. I know that you've seen some shit and have been forced to grow up faster than you should have. You want to be a man. I get that. But no one will ever take you seriously WHILE YOU STILL WEAR THAT FUCKING HAT. That is what a child would wear. Real men wear 'do rags, son!

*Your dad is trying his best. He doesn't need his ingrate son challenging his decisions constantly. You are in this together. The zombie apocalypse is a TEAM SPORT. Individuals need not apply.

*Was it me or was pudding house zombie a little too fired up and aggressive? I felt like he was moving too fast. U MAD BRO?

Eh, that's about it. Deputy Dipshit still sucks and wasted SO MANY bullets because he's an idiot. Michonne reunited with Grimey and Son. Next week we catch up with the others. I am not liking where I think that this season is heading AKA scattered people trying to survive. There needs to be a BIG BAD.

GMoney said...

By the way, True Detective is currently the best show on TV (even when they don't show glorious bewbs) and last night's hour was amazing.

Mr. Ace said...

Because you acted like he went into the stands and powerbombed him.

Typical pseudo-blogger overreaction clickbait.

Anonymous said...

Read much dipshit? I also said the suspension is about right. You saying a 2 hand shove isn't the end of the world sound like justification/tacit approval to me

Anonymous said...

Anon (probz dumb Buke)...

It's not the end of the world...he didn't go 8 rows into the stands throwing haymakers. He shoved a dude and he's getting suspended for it.

--Drew

Anonymous said...

You don't touch fans unless they touch you....those fans pay good money to test the readiness of the next NBA stars.

I agree on pudding zombie. How is it that we can hear the incencts outside but you can't hear a raging mouth breathing zombie who was clearly leaning up against the door. So dumb for real.

- J Saul

Anonymous said...

True Detective is TOTES the best show on TV right now.

I read the headlines but didn't see the video until I read the blog. I was very disappointed in what I saw. Gross overreaction.

Having said that, Smart should be charged with felony assault and kicked out of school. You don't hit a white guy in Texas.

Ide

GMoney said...

Felony assault indeed. I would cite the sexual harrassment case that Michael Crabtree could have presented against Dick Sherman. These thugs keep breaking laws and we are just letting it happen!

GMoney said...

Where's the Dead talk? I'll tell you what, I'm going to start considering you a bunch of WalMart Walking Dead fans.

Anonymous said...

I actually didn't see it last night. Was a bit tired, and TD is required Sunday night viewing. I'll partake next week.

Ide

Anonymous said...

Dead talk is a bust and G$ got owned by everyone.

And Marcus Smart thought he was having a bad day...

Seal

Mr. Ace said...

I was on team Carl so hard through the first part of the show...for the first time ever. Then he went into douche bag phase. Then into giant cunt phase. And then back to the Carl we have hated all along.

I knew Rick wasn't dead, but I so wanted him to be.

The rest of this season better not go like this, just following 1 or 2 different story lines every episode.

GMoney said...

That's cute. Seal and Drew and Ape and Randall and Jeff and Grump fire up their gross Michael Sam fuck-off and think that they win because they all have jizz in their hair. Nice. And I have no idea what that analogy means but if you were referenced, you know what dick tastes like.

Now if you don't mind, The Fab Four are heading (in Dut's old 'stang) to The Private Dancer AKA where winners go.

Prime99 said...

Do I care about Marcus Smart? No. Was he right to push this dumb guy? No. Was the dumb guy being racist and he's lucky it wasn't caught on tape? Likely. Suspension? Yes, it's good.

Feels like a pretty Michael Sam situation, IMO.

PFTCommenter's flow chart about homophobia was pretty damn funny. "Are you sorry there offended?"

TWD was pretty boring, overall. Carl sucks and should've been eaten thrice last night. Rick won't die until they give a full spotlight to Daryl or Tyrese to be the new man of the show.

Michonne was boring as well, though this episode was probably necessary to set some things up. Let's bring Morgan back so Michonne and him can bone and share their sorrows.

Anonymous said...

Jared Sullinger named Eastern Conference Player of the Week...what a bust he's turned out to be, right G$? LOLZ.

--Drew

GMoney said...

What the fuck are you talking about again? When did I ever call the 20-something pick in an averagae draft a bust? That sounds like Randall Stevens talk.

The only thing that I did say about this domestic violence fanatic is that he should have come out a year earlier and it was dumb to stay with a back made out of papier mache. That's it. And, AGAIN, I am right. Your a idiot,, no offense.

LOL at anyone who thinks that stringing together 3-4 good games in a week on a god awful team means that that player has made it. I mean, come on, only a true fucktard would believe that, right? RIGHT?