|I hate Todd McShay.|
So I have done my own mock draft. I went from the standpoint of who I would draft if at that point if I was in that team's position. I got to play GM for every team. It was great. There will be one player that slides that will make your head explode but I have my reasons. Anyway, let's do this:
1. Indianapolis - Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford. Duh.
2. Washington - Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor. Nice attempt to smear this kid's reputation by some anonymous scout saying that RG3 is selfish. Didn't work and no one believes it. Eat shit, scout.
3. Minnesota - Matt Kalil, OT, USC. I don't understand why Minnesota keeps waffling here. Other than QB, left tackle is the most important position on a football team. If you believe in your average QB, it's probably for the best to keep him upright.
4. Cleveland - Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State. The NFL is a passing league first, second, third, and so on. T-Rich is probably a better player, but look at all of the high pick stud running backs. They still play for garbage teams. Go get a stud receiver regardless of how much he laughs at Colt McCoy. Dude looks good in orange.
5. Tampa Bay - Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU. Eventually, Ronde Barber is going to retire and Aqib Talib is going to Leavenworth so they better come up with a contingency plan.
6. St. Louis - Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State - This would be the worst case scenario for the Rams. However, they were 31st against the run last year. It's too early for Mikey Floyd.
7. Jacksonville - Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina. With Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, and Kenny Britt in the division, you better have a stud that can cover them without a ton of help.
8. Miami - Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M. Everything that they've done this offseason has been awful but they better get some QB in this draft.
9. Carolina - Melvin Ingram, OLB/DE, South Carolina. When in doubt, get a pass rusher. The offense is fine. The defense needs a ton of work.
10. Buffalo - Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa. The Bills are building a fairly ELITE defense but after losing their OT to the Eagles in free agency, they need to replace him. Reiff is not sexy, but neither is Buffalo.
11. Kansas City - Luke Kuechly, ILB, Boston College. This guy is from Cincinnati. How did he end up at BC? He's a tackling machine that can cover and would be a good fit on any team.
12. Seattle - Michael Brockers, DT/DE, LSU. When in doubt, get DL help.
13. Arizona - Cordy Glenn, OT, Georgia. Fitzgerald wants Floyd but the Cards need a tackle. Jeremy Bridges was their LT last year and he is best known for shitting his pants during a game.
14. Dallas - Mark Barron, S, Alabama. Everyone has this kid going to Dallas. I am not going to try and out-think the room.
15. Philadelphia - Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis. The DREAM TEAM has been rotten against the run for years now. Poe may be a bust, but at least he can clog the middle of the line.
16. New York Jets - Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame. It would be a perfect fit here.
17. Cincinnati - Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama. Now I know that THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN, but I have so little use for running backs in today's game. The Bengals should have signed Mike Wallace but whatever. I just have such a hard time taking ANY RB in the top half of the first round when you can win a Super Bowl with Brandon Jacobs and Ahmad Bradshaw.
18. San Diego - Jonathon Martin, OT, Stanford. Because the Chargers have to be getting tired of drafting bust pass rushers.
19. Chicago - David DeCastro, OG, Stanford. They want Floyd but a rock in the middle of that OL would be a great pick for them.
20. Tennessee - Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama - The Titans might be the team that I care the least about. I think that they lost Finnegan to either the Rams or the Lions so they should probably replace him.
21. Cincinnati - Kevin Zeitler, OG, Wisconsin. Yeah, I'm losing steam.
22. Cleveland - Brandon Weeden, QB, Oklahoma State. Boom. There you go. Blackmon and Weeden to Cleveland. Fuck Colt McCoy. He's out. The passing game is hopefully fixed. Get a RB in the second (Martin, Miller, or Wilson). No need to reach for one here.
23. Detroit - Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama. Drew is right, this guy is perfect for the Lions. He is sketchy, of course, but he has top 5 talent.
24. Pittsburgh - Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama. James Farrior is hot garbage and the Steelers have proven that they don't care about getting a better OL.
25. Denver - Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor. Do you trust DeMaryius Thomas and Eric Decker? Didn't think so.
26. Houston - Courtney Upshaw, DE/OLB, Alabama. Wade Phillips loves a good pass rush and good slab of ribs.
27. New England - Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina. Whoops, I forgot about this guy and he doesn't fit into New England's 3-4 scheme at all. Whatever.
28. Green Bay - Shea McClellin, OLB, Boise State. I assume that this cat is white which makes the Packers even closer to an all-white LB corps. Racist Gruden would love that.
29. Baltimore - Whitney Mercilus, DE/OLB, Illinois. Jarrett Johnson is getting old and they didn't get to the QB nearly as well last year as they have in the past.
30. San Francisco - Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford. Put him with Vernon Davis and you have a west coast version of Gronk/Hernandez.
31. New England - Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State. Vince Wilfork can't play forever and NE's defense is terrible.
32. New York Giants - Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson. Jake Ballard and Travis Beckum are both awful. I could see them taking Doug Martin here though.
Well, what do you think? Enjoy the Draft this weekend.