Thursday, April 26, 2012

G$'s NFL Mock Draft

I hate Todd McShay.
The Draft is tonight.  There was a small discussion yesterday about people choosing NFL Network over ESPN.  It's hard to argue against that.  Berman and Gruden are the worst.  But I'm an ardent supporter of Mel Kiper, Jr and I will always be faithful to him.  He made the NFL Draft what it is today.  FACT.  The best part about this year's coverage is that both networks agreed to stop tipping picks which was my biggest pet peeve of these broadcasts.  This year, apparently, you won't be spoiled anymore.  THANK YOU!

So I have done my own mock draft.  I went from the standpoint of who I would draft if at that point if I was in that team's position.  I got to play GM for every team.  It was great.  There will be one player that slides that will make your head explode but I have my reasons.  Anyway, let's do this:

1. Indianapolis - Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford. Duh.
2. Washington - Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor.  Nice attempt to smear this kid's reputation by some anonymous scout saying that RG3 is selfish.  Didn't work and no one believes it.  Eat shit, scout.
3. Minnesota - Matt Kalil, OT, USC.  I don't understand why Minnesota keeps waffling here.  Other than QB, left tackle is the most important position on a football team.  If you believe in your average QB, it's probably for the best to keep him upright.
4. Cleveland - Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State. The NFL is a passing league first, second, third, and so on.  T-Rich is probably a better player, but look at all of the high pick stud running backs.  They still play for garbage teams.  Go get a stud receiver regardless of how much he laughs at Colt McCoy.  Dude looks good in orange.
5. Tampa Bay - Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU. Eventually, Ronde Barber is going to retire and Aqib Talib is going to Leavenworth so they better come up with a contingency plan.

6. St. Louis - Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State - This would be the worst case scenario for the Rams.  However, they were 31st against the run last year.  It's too early for Mikey Floyd.
7. Jacksonville - Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina. With Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, and Kenny Britt in the division, you better have a stud that can cover them without a ton of help.
8. Miami - Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M. Everything that they've done this offseason has been awful but they better get some QB in this draft.
9. Carolina - Melvin Ingram, OLB/DE, South Carolina.  When in doubt, get a pass rusher.  The offense is fine.  The defense needs a ton of work.
10. Buffalo - Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa. The Bills are building a fairly ELITE defense but after losing their OT to the Eagles in free agency, they need to replace him.  Reiff is not sexy, but neither is Buffalo.

11. Kansas City - Luke Kuechly, ILB, Boston College.  This guy is from Cincinnati.  How did he end up at BC?  He's a tackling machine that can cover and would be a good fit on any team.
12. Seattle - Michael Brockers, DT/DE, LSU. When in doubt, get DL help.
13. Arizona - Cordy Glenn, OT, Georgia. Fitzgerald wants Floyd but the Cards need a tackle.  Jeremy Bridges was their LT last year and he is best known for shitting his pants during a game.
14. Dallas - Mark Barron, S, Alabama. Everyone has this kid going to Dallas.  I am not going to try and out-think the room.
15. Philadelphia - Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis.  The DREAM TEAM has been rotten against the run for years now.  Poe may be a bust, but at least he can clog the middle of the line.

16. New York Jets - Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame. It would be a perfect fit here.
17. Cincinnati - Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama. Now I know that THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN, but I have so little use for running backs in today's game.  The Bengals should have signed Mike Wallace but whatever.  I just have such a hard time taking ANY RB in the top half of the first round when you can win a Super Bowl with Brandon Jacobs and Ahmad Bradshaw.
18. San Diego - Jonathon Martin, OT, Stanford. Because the Chargers have to be getting tired of drafting bust pass rushers.
19. Chicago - David DeCastro, OG, Stanford.  They want Floyd but a rock in the middle of that OL would be a great pick for them.
20. Tennessee - Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama - The Titans might be the team that I care the least about.  I think that they lost Finnegan to either the Rams or the Lions so they should probably replace him.

21. Cincinnati - Kevin Zeitler, OG, Wisconsin. Yeah, I'm losing steam.
22. Cleveland - Brandon Weeden, QB, Oklahoma State. Boom.  There you go.  Blackmon and Weeden to Cleveland.  Fuck Colt McCoy.  He's out.  The passing game is hopefully fixed.  Get a RB in the second (Martin, Miller, or Wilson).  No need to reach for one here.
23. Detroit - Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama.  Drew is right, this guy is perfect for the Lions.  He is sketchy, of course, but he has top 5 talent.
24. Pittsburgh - Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama.  James Farrior is hot garbage and the Steelers have proven that they don't care about getting a better OL.
25. Denver - Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor. Do you trust DeMaryius Thomas and Eric Decker?  Didn't think so.

26. Houston - Courtney Upshaw, DE/OLB, Alabama. Wade Phillips loves a good pass rush and good slab of ribs.
27. New England - Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina.  Whoops, I forgot about this guy and he doesn't fit into New England's 3-4 scheme at all.  Whatever. 
28. Green Bay - Shea McClellin, OLB, Boise State.  I assume that this cat is white which makes the Packers even closer to an all-white LB corps.  Racist Gruden would love that.

29. Baltimore - Whitney Mercilus, DE/OLB, Illinois. Jarrett Johnson is getting old and they didn't get to the QB nearly as well last year as they have in the past.
30. San Francisco - Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford. Put him with Vernon Davis and you have a west coast version of Gronk/Hernandez.
31. New England - Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State. Vince Wilfork can't play forever and NE's defense is terrible.
32. New York Giants - Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson. Jake Ballard and Travis Beckum are both awful.  I could see them taking Doug Martin here though.

Well, what do you think?  Enjoy the Draft this weekend. 

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

Up really early today at the ripe hour of 5am. Why? To see what Grumpy goes through everyday? Fuck no, he can keep it. It is because I have to be at work at 6:30 to finish my fuck ton of work that's been piling up so I can leave early to attend the NFL FUCKING DRAFT (Day 1 - $120. Suck nuts). I give no fucks about NFL Network or ESPN. And yes, I will be wearing my Browns shirt to work then straight out. Haters gonna hate.

Anywho, on to your draft. Not bad. I get that Trent obvz got lost in the mix of teams best needs, but he will totes go early. 2 Spurrier products in the top ten. I pray you're as wrong as the 15 (roughly) Stanford players you got going in the first round.

I think the Browns could get Weeden with the 37 (providing they don't trade if off as of the latest rumors), and get somebody a little bit more pressing like Janoris (black, I presume) or the Decastro from Stanford if he falls. I just don't like the cut of Weeden's jib. He reminds me of Graham Harrell; remember him?

Ide

Grumpy said...

Impressive early rise Ide. You should be easy to spot; who else wears a Browns jersey in public?

MUDawgfan said...

Merry Draftmas Gentlemen!

I hope you are going bananas when the Browns make their pick Ide. Get to see you on TV.

The draft is just the best. Booo the fuck out of Goddell, get drunk and scream at Berman. Watch Jets fans make asses of themselves. It's awesome.

Dirty Birds made their 7th round pick last night and took Asante Samuel. ELITE.

GMoney said...

I don't think that that there's a chance in Hell that Weeden is there at 37. If you don't take a small leap for Weeden then say hello to Kirk Cousins. Do you really want that?

Ide, I am TOTES jelly of you. I really want to get to that some day.

Dawg, that was a helluva trade. A rare butt-fucking of the Eagles. Congrats.

Anonymous said...

How did the video shoot go?

I'll be happy if we take Jenkins and I won't be mad if we don't. It's really a tough decision.

--Drew

GMoney said...

The video shoot went well. I managed to include my autographed pic of Ted DiBiase in the background (like a boss). I had to stop once because my dog started barking. That was irritating. I'm taking the application to the post office now. My work is done. Now it's up to America's Most Watched Network to realize that I am ELITE.

Anonymous said...

If I were the Browns, I would take Trent Richardson with the #4 and trade my #22 and #37 for a higher pick to get Michael Floyd. That would address two glaring concerns. Granted, the Browns would still be stuck with Colt McCoy, but at least they have some weapons to build around in the future. I do not see the need to take a 28 year old quarter back late in the first round if you plan on sucking so bad that you will be in a position to take Barkley or some other quarterback high in next year's draft.

-Lil' Strut

Prime99 said...

Only the first round?! What about round 6? Ya know, you could find the next Tom Brady there....

I think your pick for the Bears is excellent. Unfortunately, they will probably not go o line even though they really, really should. Good stuff today.

Anonymous said...

Per Mort, this past year's Pro Bowl is most likely the last one ever. Thank You Goodell! What a worthless event that is.

--Drew

The Iceman said...

I'm so God damn tired of people thinking the Browns should take Blackmon. He doesn't want to be there, we've already played this diva WR game before with Braylon and it's not like McCoy is even gonna be there next year. So why the fuck are we so worried about getting him weapons? In case you have all forgot, the Browns are projected for 2 wins this year which puts them in the driver's seat for Boner Lover Barkley next year. Which brings me to my next question.

If that's the case, why in hell would you even consider a QB who's gonna be twenty fucking nine when the season starts? So worst case scenario he'll get his first NFL start around 30? Taking Brandon Weinke is a great waste of a 2nd round pick.

The Browns haven't had an ELITE running back with all the tools to be an every down back since.....fuck, since I can remember. A strong running game will ALWAYS be a young/struggling QBs best friend. Stop trying to out think yourself and take Richardson...because Chris Ogbonnaya isn't what I had in mind when I think AFC north running game.

Eb said...

Good Mock Draft Bach,

However, Minnesota is not going to take the the USC Tackle and it is going to mess your draft up. They will Take Clayborne I think, but perhaps Blackmon fucking Cleveland again.

Brian's Dad was on Espn talking about his rules for drafting in the first round. This is for all guys with a similar grade.

1. Guy that scores TD's
2. Guy that can Sack the QB
3. Guy that Turns the Ball Over
4. Guy at a Corner Stone Position on Defense

I'm not sure I agree, look at Joe Thomas....The browns got that one right!

I Denard Robinson visit to the FFCA was awesome! Good Shit!

Where do you have the first MAC guy in the draft? There are some good ones!

Anonymous said...

Running games don't matter at all. Stud receivers do. Those are FACTS. Deal with it.

--$

Anonymous said...

G$...What big name player do you think has the best chance of seeing a free fall tonight? AKA...The guy who the cameras will keep showing waiting to be picked.

--Drew

Grumpy said...

First MAC player: Brandon Brooks, OL, Miami. Hopefully at #56 to the Steelers.

The Iceman said...

Running games DO matter, anus. Especially in the AFC North. So you would rather have a "stud" WR who doesn't want to be on the team, a potential locker room cancer and an even bigger potential to be traded in 3 years over a guy who actually wants to wear that uniform? Yeah...makes sense.

Brady said...

We NEED Richardson. I went back and forth between Blackmon and T-Rich for months but I am now convinced. Richardson may be the best player in the draft. Cleveland can't afford to pass on that kind of talent.

The Iceman said...

Richardson is no Roy Helu...but we can only hope he is as good as Tim Hightower was.

GMoney said...

Yes, Rashard Mendenhall and Ced Benson prove that running games matter in the AFC Norf. I understand that Richardson is a stud. I get that. But I don't see how he makes the Browns better. IN MY PERSONAL OPINION, Blackmon and Weeden do. The AFC Norf is a passing division now. The days of Jerome Bettis and The Icky Shuffle have been over with for years.

Blackmon spent the last few years playing for free in Stillwater, OK. I don't know where you are coming from with his "doesn't want to be there". If anything, I would bet that he's be pumped to play with a QB that he knows, trusts, and can get him the ball.

Jacksonville has the best RB in football. How did that help Blaine Gabbert? Same with All Day and Tarvaris and Ponder.

YOU HAVE TO THROW TO WIN. Continually drafting second rate receivers is NEVER going to make you relevant.

You shouldn't draft a running back in the first round unless you are a running back away from being a Super Bowl contender (which ironically, the Bengals or maybe the Jets are right now). There is a reason why teams are franchising these guys instead of paying them a ton of money.

Sodomy...I do it to dumb Browns fans.

Drew, my guess is that Riley Reiff free falls or Tannehill if the Dolphins pass on him.

Anonymous said...

I did not care for the ending of the Capitals/Bruins game last night. Twas a bad night for this coach.

--Racist Gruden

The Iceman said...

You mention Gabbart and Ponder like they have respectable options at WR...and like they are good quarterbacks to begin with.

Since when does a first rate WR make a terrible quarterback not terrible? Didn't work for David Carr in Houston. Didn't work for Kevin Kolb in Arizona, didn't work for Shaun Hill in Detroit, didn't work for ANY Cleveland QB when they thought they drafted a first rate WR in Braylon Edwards. The list goes on. What purpose does a top WR serve if you have a rotten QB? It doesn't translate to more wins like you say it does. The issue isnt WR in Cleveland...it is, and always has been quarterback. Since the QB issue should be solved (or at least attempted to be solved) next year, go with the guy with the better attitude who happens to be a better all around player.

Brady said...

Blackmon doesn't have the freak size or speed to value him at #4. He is no Megatron or AJ Green. Of course he would be a crazy upgrade at the position but the Browns literally have NOTHING at RB. NOTHING!!!!! You can't pass on the best back since AP.

Brady said...

Plus, Richardson is a killer WR out of the backfield. You are basically adding another WR to go along with your new stud RB in one pick. Paddy O' Shurmer will have at least 10 screens/swing passes called for him every game.

GMoney said...

I guess "waiting for next year" will forever be your slogan then. What happens when you win four games and price yourself out of Barkley and are left staring at Landry Jones?

It's a question that has no viable answer unfortunately. If the Browns take Richardson, it would be a really good pick. However, I just don't believe that building around a RB is a good option in today's NFL.

I could make a good argument that Brond Weeden's (who would be the starter from day one) has just as much of a shelf life as a QB than a RB does.

From everything that I've seen and heard of Blackmon, he does not appear to be a diva. So while you just assume that he will want out immediately, I just don't see it.

And if Bill Polian calls my boy RG3 "RG" one more time I'm going to murder him.

GMoney said...

Jim Brown agrees with me...and then he punched his wife in the twat.
http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2012/04/jim-brown-on-trent-richardson-i-think-hes-ordinary/

Brady said...

Browns need to go T-Rich, best WR available, best RT available. If they follow that plan, we may be able to climb out of the botom 5 this year.

The Iceman said...

Without a franchise quarterback there's no point in getting a weapon like Blackmon at WR. It's like putting 22's on a Honda Civic.

GMoney said...

It's like putting 22's on a Honda Civic.

That didn't stop Terrelle Pryor!

--Racist Gruden

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

ӏf somе one wisheѕ expеrt
ѵiеw regarԁіng blogging anԁ sitе-building aftег thаt
i suggest hіm/her to pау a quiсk visit this ωeb site, Κeep uр thе nice
job.

Feеl fгee tο ѵisit mу blog
post www.galaxynote2.fr
Feel free to surf my homepage

Anonymous said...

Thanκs fοr sharing уour іnfо.

I trulу aρprеciate уοur efforts аnd ӏ wіll be waiting fοr уour next write upѕ thаnks
once agaіn.

Also viѕіt my ρagе :: www.zulutradeonline.com
Also see my web site >

Anonymous said...

Τhаnk you, I've recently been looking for info approximately this topic for ages and yours is the best I have found out so far. However, what in regards to the conclusion? Are you sure in regards to the supply?

my homepage ... samsung galaxy s3
Feel free to surf my page ...