|This is, like, the saddest thing ever. 'Bout to get a little misty-eyed up in this piece.|
Apparently, the Iowa football team wants to make this dog their mascot this season and have it lead them out of the tunnel (for just home games, I think). But Iowa needs to get this approved by the NCAA first for some reason. Oh please, NCAA, find it in your cold black hearts to allow this to happen. I would honestly root for Iowa and their team filled with drug dealers to go undefeated if this awesome dog was on the sideline. I'll even go so far as to start today's post about Bold Predictions by saying that if this dog is part of the Iowa football program this year...NATIONAL CHAMPS. Yeah, I'm still weeping, wanna fight about it? Let's just get to the predictions.
Damman: Bold Predictions - 1. This is the year that Boise St. breaks through and plays for the title. The schedule is a joke again outside of going to Georgia . But they will win that game and run the table. A win over an SEC team on the road will impress voters enough to vote them to #1 at seasons end and they will play for the title.
2. Nebraska will finish 3rd in their division (Leaders or Legends, I’m not sure. I know it’s been said a million times, but how retarded are those names?) with a 4-4 record. Their conference schedule is brutal. They get the 3 best teams from the other division in their crossover games (vs Ohio St, at Penn St and at Wisconsin) as well as having to go to Michigan (you’ll see why that will be tough in my next bold prediction). The schedule is just too tough and the Cornhuskers will disappoint in their first season in the B1G.
3. We will get a double dose of Ohio St vs Michigan this year. That’s right boys and girls, the Bucks and the Steve Sharippa led Wolverines will meet in the first Big 10 championship game. Ohio State will need to win the regular season matchup (which they will) to make the title game while Michigan will be able to back into the championship game with 3 conference losses because they are in the Big 12 North version of the Big 10. The main reason why these 2 were separated was to have the dream scenario of having them matchup in the championship games and it will come to pass in the first year. The Bucks will also win the rematch behind their “Us against the World” mentality that will fuel their entire season. It will be sweet, sweet vindication for the next big thing in college coaching, Luke Fickell.*
(*At the time of this writing Ohio St. was still eligible for postseason play and while they may not be eligible for the title game, it’s looking pretty good that they will so I rolled the dice on this. G$ telling us not to focus on Ohio St. was in part the driving force behind this prediction)
The Wig Master: Bold Predictions - 1. Heard it from a friend who…Heard it from a friend who…The BCS National Championship Game will not feature an SEC team.
2. Notre Dame finishes in the top 10.
3. The ol' ball coach and South Carolina get an SEC title.
3a) “Full Beer Day” catches on. On January 1st, you must finish, at a minimum, a six-pack of full beer. G Funk’s dad is a founding member of the movement behind this new holiday!(ed. note - I have no idea what he's talking about.)
Drew: Bold Predictions - 1. Stanford will play in the NCG.
2. Ohio State will win the first B1G Championship Game giving the ultimate fuck you to all of the haters.
3. Denard Robinson will be injured and won't be able to play in the OSU/Michigan game.
GSaul: Bold Precitions - 1. The last time that Ohio State beat Michigan was 2009. Make it two years now! Hoke-a-mania takes down Fickell up North on November 26.
2. Duke goes bowling this year before they go dancing. First time since the 1994 season.
3. Nick Saban is the next coach to create NCAA controversy. Two titles in the past 8 years with two different programs (LSU '03, Bama '09) while being just a below average NFL coach in between (15-17 with the Dolphins from '05-'06). Something does not smell right.
Dut: Bold Predictions - 1. Ohio State makes it to the B1G championship game despite all the hate.
2. Nebraska has at least 3 B1G losses
3. Notre Dame makes a BCS bowl (only because their schedule is garbage)
G$: Bold Predictions - 1. I firmly believe that Wisconsin wins the Big Ten and I love Russell Wilson, but I don't see him having a huge, mega positive impact on that offense. He'll be just OK. They will win because of Ball and White.
2. South Florida begins their transformation into a monster program. They have the right coach in Skip Holtz and now they are going to start getting a large chunk of kids that normally went to The U. Not only will they win the Big East this year, but they are about to become a powerhouse.
3. Everyone seems to think that Auburn will struggle this year. O RLY? When has a Gus Malzahn offense ever struggled? I've read many 6-6 projections for the War Eagles (what does that even mean?). They're playing in one of those Jan 2 bowls. Book it.
There are few things that I don't understand but a couple of them were brought up today:
1. Why does GSaul ALWAYS talk about Duke Football?
2. Why is it virtually impossible for Ohio State fans to not talk about Ohio State? Three anOSU fans contributed this week and all of them had to name drop the Fuckeyes today. All of them. Guess what, assholes? Ohio State winning the fucking Legends or Leaders is not bold. It's barely news-worthy.
3. How can I go about adopting that dog? I want to make him my Executive Vice President.
Might want to tune in tomorrow. Why? Oh, nothing special...we're picking the Heisman winner and naming Mr. Ace's replacement. Right now, Drew and The Iceman are in a dead heat. Li'l Strut has some ground to make up. Ide has less of a chance than Mike Flanagan. Don't worry...it's OK...feel free to sit on the edge of your seat.