As you may know, several of The Money Shot Maniacs have decided to participate in a weekly trivia battle at Grandview Cafe every Thursday night. Last week, with the addition of G$ and a couple other non-Maniacs, we made big strides and put ourselves in position to finish in the top 5 before the final question was given, with a chance to win. We missed the final question, but the potential was there.
However, we need some help to get over the edge. We need a player with real academic knowledge, especially in the areas of geography, science, and history. G$ has all the worthless knowledge about Clara Barton, Cape Fear, and Bette Midler. Dut has...false information about the Tigers. I have porn, sports, music, and some of the generally worthless knowledge G$ has. Jeff has...Clemson?
So guess what, it's quiz time. This is a tryout for The Money Shot trivia team(real named to be picked in the comments). So here is how this is going to go. I'm going to give you five questions on a variety of subjects. Leave your answers in the comments. AND DON'T FUCKING CHEAT! This is an attempt to test some real knowledge not your Google search skills. If you feel like being strategic and not giving your answers until close to the deadline(2:00 PM), then so be it. The winner gets an official invite to the trivia team and I'll buy them a beer during trivia night.
1. Name the 5 college basketball programs with the most NCAA tournament appearances(Each correct is one point.)
2. Who was the Mongolian empires leader from 1206-1227, when he dies after defeating the Tangut peoplek? (Bonus point if you know the birth name of this person too.)
3. In what ocean will you find Phuket Island?
4. Who wrote the famous poem, "Ode to the West Wind"? Hint: His wife wrote Frankenstein.
5. In college football, who holds the record for most NCAA rushes without losing a fumble? Bonus point if you come within 25 of actual number of rushes.
I actually knew 4 out of 5 in #1, knew #2, no idea on #3, knew #4 because my British Lit professor in college was awesome, and didn't know #5. I will post the answers around 2:00 PM.
In other trivia news, we need a team name. The first week we were the Douche Lords and last week we were the Fucktards. Now lets try to pick us a good one for this week:
- Fly in a Bowl of Milk: This is T's pick.(T was the black guy on our team and one of only two black people in the entire establishment). His reason is pretty obvious.
- People That Annoy You...Oh, Naggers. I think this is my pick. Another take on T's but with a little more jazz. I'm not sure he would appreciate this.
- Tampon Dick Shit. One way or another I will work in a South Park reference.
- R.I.P. Chris Benoit. The reaction would be outstanding.
- Cromartie's 10th kid. Obvious.
- Dylan, Dylan, Dylan, Dylan, and Dylan. I miss you Dave.
- Team G.R.I.D. It's trivia and an AIDS joke all in one.