Friday, January 07, 2011

I Know More About The NFL Than You Do

We did this last year.  I am not going to look it up but I assume that I won.  With the NFL playoffs starting tomorrow (YES!), we need to start shifting from the bowl talk and onto the important and better brand of football.  So here is how it goes in case you forgot:  I will do a little write-up for every game this weekend.  I will make the call against the spread AND the over/under.  You will challenge those selections with your own in the comments.  We will do this every Friday for the next month until the Super Bowl.  Best record wins.  What do you win?  We'll see...probably something.  I saw an autographed picture of former Royals 3B Kevin Seitzer in my closet the other day.  Maybe that.  Everyone wants one of those.  Let's do it.

New Orleans (-11) @ Seattle 44.5 O/U
The Seahawks won their division and the Saints didn't.  Seattle gets to host the game.  Period.  Get over it.  And I know enough about NoLa from The Simpsons:

Long before the Superdome, Where the Saints of football play,
Lived a city that the damned call home. Hear their hellish roundelay...
New Or-le-ans, Home of pirates, drunks, and whores,
New Or-le-ans, Tacky overpriced souvenir stores.
If you want to go to Hell, you should take a trip
To the Sodom and Gomorra on the Mississip.
New Or-le-ans, Stinky, rotten, vomiting, vile,
New Or-le-ans, Putrid, brackish, maggoty, foul.
New Or-le-ans, Crummy, lousy, rancid, and rank,
New Or-le-ans.

I've tried looking at this from every way yet I can't see how this one is close.  The crowd doesn't make THAT much of a difference.  The Saints are better at every position.  Lay the points and take the over...Saints 34-13.

New York Jets @ Indianapolis (-3) 44.5 O/U
This game does not interest me at all.  This is the worst game of the weekend so I'm not upset at all that I will be watching live college hockey instead.  What about the Jets' turbulent and ridiculous season makes you confident that they can win in Indy?  I trust Peyton at home a hell of a lot more than I do Nacho on the road.  I only have to lay 3 points, too?  Yes please.  Give me the Colts and the over.  Colts 30-17.

Baltimore (-3) @ Kansas City 41 O/U
I find this game very intriguing.  I have no faith in Joe Flacco at all.  People like the Ravens waaaaaaay too much.  Whenever the Chiefs have played good teams with good defenses this year, it's always been a struggle for points.  I expect that to happen again.  If Jamaal Charles gets to 100, the Chiefs will win.  I trust Harbaugh and Cundiff in a close game more than I do Haley and Succop.  But I'll take the points and the under anyway.  Ravens 16-14.

Green Bay @ Philadelphia (-3) 46 O/U
I liked the upset a lot more five days ago than I do today.  Why?  Because idiots like Stink Schlereth and Peter King have picked the Pack.  And while I'm rooting for the Pack, I think that I have to go with my head here.  I trust Rodgers more than I do Vick, but if Andy Reid were smart (he isn't), he would let McCoy run wild.  Both coaches are horrible in-game so I guess I'll take the one coaching at his own stadium.  I don't like it but it's probably the smart play...I'll lay the 3 points with the over.  Eagles 31-27.

Bring it.  I'm waiting to drop 'bows on you fools.

18 comments:

Mr. Ace said...

Anybody not starting Matt Hasselbeck -11 and UNDER.
Colts-3 OVER
Ravens-3 OVER
Iggles UNDER.

I haven't looked at the weather situations yet so my picks are subject to change...probably not.

The winner should get a shower caddy.

Grumpy said...

Saints -3 Over
Colts-3 Under
Ravens -3 Under
Eagles -3 Over

GMoney said...

How great was the episode last night? I'm falling in love with Deena. She is a fucking nutjob. Sammi embraced the role of the villain but is still a total bitch.

I don't like that Snooks is falling in love with my boy Vincenzo though.

GMoney said...

Grump, you have to give more than 3 to take the Saints. We don't do teasers and shit here.

Drew said...

That was a sweet episode indeed. It was opening night, but they are already in mid-season form! I'm positive Sammie got a tit job in between both seasons. Deena is all sorts of crazy which is great. The scenes for the rest of the season just looks unreal. I think that show can do no wrong.

JETS/UNDER
SAINTS/OVER
RAVENS/UNDER
EAGLES/OVER

Anonymous said...

I think Deena was trying too hard. My favorite part of the show was the Situation saying: "if you were a holiday you'd be Thanksgiving- always giving and down for a lot of stuffing!". That. Was. Awesome! Sammie needs to leave. She F'n sucks and she brings Ronnie down.

Congrats to the Hawks.

Having just gotten home from New Orleans, everything in that poem is spot on. If I walked into a church right now I'd burst into flames.

Ill take:
Jew Orleans OVER
Dolts UNDER
Ravens UNDER
Peckers OVER

Dut

Drew said...

Dut....I'm going to be in New Orleans March 24-27 for a bachelor party/hopefully watch teh Buckeye ball team play there in the sweet 16/elite 8. I may need an e-mail of the best bars, tit clubs and eateries you went to.

The Iceman said...

You guys sound like a bunch of fuckin 15 year old girls with this Jersey Shore bullshit. You probably have every episode of The Hills on DVD too...

Saints Over
Colts Under
Ravens Under
Packers Under

GMoney said...

By the way, the Packers/Eagles game should get plenty of Freddie Mitchell 4th and 26 references. Man, that was one insane asshole who had almost no talent.

O/U on how many of the guys in the house that Deena nails is 1.5. I'm taking the over.

Drew said...

I'll go with one (Vinny)...but, I bet she gets it on with Snooks one night too.

Anonymous said...

saints/over
colts/under
chiefs/over
Aces favorite team the packers/under

NW

Anonymous said...

NO under
NY over
Balt over
Phi under

Andrew

The Iceman said...

Are you talking about Freddie "best WR in this history of the NFL" Mitchell? I bet he's in a bar right now...40 pounds overweight talking about his mad NFL skills.

Jeff said...

SAINTS/OVER
JETS/UNDER
RAVENS/OVER
PACKERS/UNDER

Tony B. said...

I'd like to thank my picks for being so great...

Saints/Over
Colts/Over
Ravens/Under
Packers/Over

The Cubs just acquired Matt Garza. Garza+Pena=Cubs Championship

Anonymous said...

Over under for Deena is 1.5? Is there a teaser bet with this? Ill go with 3. She already tried to get stuffed by Vinny and the Situation after the first night.

Drew- I can definitely help you out. Ill give you a full write up.

Dut

Grumpy said...

Sorry, spaced out. Saints -11 Over.

mdrgolf said...

saints and under
colts and under
ravens and under
packers and under