Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Post This Great Needs No Title

The Fuckeyes situation has already been discussed at length here so I'm not going to waste your time with that. But let's all point and laugh one more time.

I really thought I could find a funny GIF somewhere for pointing and laughing. Needless to say, I was disappointed.

Before we get started with the bowl picks, I want to take this time to thank commenter Drew. Several months ago G Money had a post talking about food. He went somewhere to get wings and he said they were excellent. In the comments, Drew chimed in and said that Barley's had some great wings as well as other BBQ. Holy fucking food coma, those wings are spectacular. I had an insta-BBQ-boner when I laid eyes on them. Its hard to describe their greatness. Imagine the best wings you've ever had, then imagine them slow cooked over an open pit BBQ, and then imagine crack rocks sprinkled over top of them. Barley's has the greatest wings ever ever, nobody can debate that. So thank you, Drew, for steering my fat ass that way. The Christmas Ale was fantastic as well.

Onto the games.
Military Bowl: East Carolina vs. Maryland(-7.5).
Maryland made quite the turnaround this year. Danny O'Brien was torching fools. Friedgen was pounding donuts and lard smoothies. But 8 wins wasn't enough to keep the big man around. ECU will chuck it around quite a bit, but I think the Terps will pull through in Friedgen's last game. Terps -7.5.

Texas Bowl: Illinois vs. Baylor(-1).
Baylor is back to a bowl game for the first time in 16 years. Baylor will put up a lot of points. Illinois won't be able to keep up. Baylor -1.

Alamo Bowl: Oklahoma State(-5.5) vs. Arizona.
Oklahoma State is too explosive for Arizona to keep up. Weeden, Hunter, and Blackmon put on a show. OSU -5.5.

Armed Forces Bowl: Army vs. SMU(-7).
Craig James is a megafuck. Army +7.

Pinstripe Bowl...WTF?: Kansas State vs. Syracuse(Pick).
Syracuse's defense is nasty, but their offense is terrible. And last night WVU showed us why you never bet on the Big East. KSU.

Music City Bowl: UNC(-1) vs. Tennessee.
I don't know what it is, but I just feel like UNC is going to PWN. I think Tennessee is only a one point dog solely based on their ess eee see status. UNC -1.

Holiday Bowl: Nebraska(-14) vs. Washington.
This is just a ruhtarded match up. I've already seen this movie, I know how it ends. Nebraska 56-21.

Meineke Car Care Bowl: South Florida vs. Clemson(-5.5).
Why the fuck does Meineke get their own bowl? What happens if Meineke folds and some shit company like Roto Rooter buys the bowl rights? At least they would have a perfect stadium to host it...
That thing just screams "I'm clogged with shit." Clemson -5.5 because I refuse to pick the Big East.

Sun Bowl: Notre Dame vs. Miami(-2.5).
Notre Dame just has too much bad shit going on around the program to win this game. Convicts -2.5.

Liberty Bowl: Georgia(-6.5) vs. Central Florida.
I don't know if UGA will care. In the two games UCF did play against BCS competition--NC State and KSU-- they only lost by 11 points combined. UCF may not win, but they will keep it tight. UCF +6.5.

Chick-Fil-A Bowl: South Carolina(-3) vs. Florida State.
This is a tough one. I don't trust either team. Statistically they are about equal. I guess I will take the points and hope. FSU +3. Bonus. Chick-fil-A put out a music video for the bowl:


That's it for today. I will have another post up on Thursday night/Friday morning with the rest of the weeks games. I promised you a leader board but that will wait til Friday because my gotdamn computer is still with the Geek Squad and I have all the picks in a spreadsheet on the computer. I just typed nearly this entire post on my Blackberry because I am fucking dedicated...and still hungover as shit and don't feel like actually doing work at work. Just shaping America's youth one neglected child at a time. As always, leave your picks in the comments.

18 comments:

GMoney said...

Nice title. Thanking Drew will get you fired around here. Awesome mail-in job by Mizzou last night. Pinkel should get fired for that.

Am I crazy to think that NC State QB Russell Wilson could be a starter in the NFL? I thought that he was outstanding.

Maryland
Baylor
OK St
SMU
Syracuse
UNC
Nebraska
Souf Florida
Notre Dame
UCF
Florida State

FIRST GAME IS AT NOON TODAY. If you want to win, get these in early.

Drew said...

Yes Ace...those wings are magnificent. People don't understand the beauty that is grilled wings until they have eaten them. I stick with the Texas Smoke Dip BBQ and the Gates of Hell. You can find me there almost any Monday for 40 cent wings.

G$...You and McShay can both blow Wilson together.

Picks....

Maryland
Baylor
Okie St
SMU
KSU
UNC
NEBRASKA
CLEMSON
NOTRE DAME
GEORGIA
FLORIDA STATE

Anonymous said...

Maryland
Baylor
OK State
SMU
Cuse
UNC
Nebraska
Clemson
Miami
UGA
USC

Seal

Anonymous said...

Maryland
Baylor
OK State
SMU
Cuse
Tennessee
Nebraska
Clemson
Miami
Georgia
Florida State

Lil' Strut

The Iceman said...

Maryland
Illinoise
Oklahoma State
SMU
Kansas State
Norf Carolina
Nebraska (Jake Locker just pissed himself)
Clemson
Miami
UCF
Game Cocks

GMoney said...

I wish that I could post the thread of emails between myself and Seal yesterday...absolutely outstanding stuff. But I'll keep them private (unless he pisses me off).

Alright, you fuckers have me sold on Barley's. Where is that place?

The Iceman said...

Eat shit G$...I won the game I was up by 70 in last night. Thanks for nothing asshole. I WAS going to use the winnings to take you and She$ out to a nice seafood dinner...but now I'm gonna use it as a downpayment on my new 52" LED TV. When the smoke clears I will have won at least all of my entry money back...which was $460. What a disappointing year.

Tony B. said...

Maryland
Baylor
Ok St
SMU
K St
UNC
Nebraska
South Florida
Da U
Georgia
Florida St

GREAT choke job by Vick and the Eagles last night. It won me a fantasy championship and got the Bears a bye.

Jeff said...

ECU
ILLINOIS
OKIE ST
SMU
K STATE
UNC
WASHINGTON
CLEMSON
ND
GEORGIA
SCAR

The Iceman said...

I wonder how many owners were expecting a 40 point night out of Vick last night and were left with their dicks in their hands afterwards.

Remember how Ace thought Kolb was gonna be fuckin sweet this year? But I suppose things are looking up for Kolb...the weather in Arizona is AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

Haha G$ I was wondering if you were going to post that on here...

Seal

Drew said...

G$....Barley's Smoke House is on Riverside Dr, just south of UA and Grandview. It's very easy to find. The Sauerkraut Balls are the shit as well...

http://www.barleysbrewing.com/smokehouse/

Upstate Underdog said...

MD
Baylor
OK St
Army
KSU
Tenn
Neb
Clemson
ND
GA
FSU

Anonymous said...

I find it hard to believe that Barley's wings are better than Mad Mex...

Maryland
Illinois
Okie St
SMU
Kansas State
North Carolina
Washington
South Florida
Miami
Georgia
Florida State

Dut

Drew said...

Dut....you probably also find it hard to believe that the strippers at The Private Dancer aren't the hottest strippers in Columbus.

Anonymous said...

I've never been to the Private Dancer, but I've been curious every time I've driven by it on the way to to golf course. I think we need Mr. Ace to do a Money Shot field study and rank each Columbus club...

Dut

Mrs. Ace said...

Arizona
Army
Syracuse
UNC
Nebraska
USF
Miami
UCF SC

Anonymous said...

Tenn
Washington
S Fla
Miami
Georgia
South Carolina

Andrew