|There is no way that this pitch was a strike.|
OK, so the Yankees and Rays are banging dicks together this week (and next) trying to sort out the AL East and the Wild Card. Personally, I don't think that it matters. Both teams are making the postseason and both teams will dominate either the Rangers or Twins. Yeah, that's going to happen. To be honest, I'd rather not win the division to play Minnesota since they know that they can't beat the Yankees. Only an asshole would want to face Cliff Lee twice in a 5 game series.
So what is the point of this? I'm not necessarily conceding the season, I just want to take a pre-emptive strike by saying that I don't have a good feeling about how this season ends. In fact, I am 90% certain that there will be a new World Series winner this October. Don't believe me? Here are 5 ironclad, HUGE holes in the Yankees roster that will fuck them in the postseason.
5. They strike out ALL THE TIME - I don't remember any Yankees team swinging and missing more than this one. And it makes sense when you think about the age of the team along with their inability to hit pitchers that throw harder than 95. They have slow bats...except for Marcus Thames. But he swings a club much like Captain Caveman. I never thought that I'd like Thames, but I have a thing for huge black guys that hit bombs (see: Hill, Glenallen).
4. Jorge Posada is awful - It used to just be his defense. He can't catch anything. He literally drops strikes. He hasn't thrown out a baserunner since 2002. He calls a terrible game and handles pitchers poorly. He used to be able to mask this with his bat but not anymore. Jorge can't hit now either. I can't wait for the Jesus Montero Era to begin. Nobody fucks with the Jesus!
3. Joe Girardi is even dumber this year - Last season, I thought that the Yankees won the title in spite of their shitty over-manager. Well, he's doing the same shit this year. Why he keeps putting Chad Gaudin into games, I will never understand. If he wants to go manage the Cubs, then go. He will not be missed. Any dipshit that would want to work for the Cubs over the Yankees shouldn't be a part of the team anyway.
2. Other than CC, there is no one - And that sucks. After Monday night's epic Price/CC duel that Sergio Mitre blew, it hit me. He's the only guy that I trust. It speaks to how bad the rotation has been considering that Ivan Nova has been the #2 starter over the past month. Who knows what we're going to get from Andy Pettitte? All the pressure in the world is on CC. Let's say that Liriano beats CC in game 1 of the LDS. We're going to get swept. Burnett, Vazquez, and Hughes...yeah, those three aren't scaring lineups.
1. Derek Jeter pretty much sucks - This might go down as the worst contract year in the history of sports. If he wants to keep getting paid 20 million per season, a .261 batting average with below average defense isn't really the statement you want to make. He's been bad all season. I don't know why (other than our pussy manager having no balls) he is still hitting leadoff. No one has been less clutch this year than Derek.
The only part of the team that I am confident in is the bullpen and I never thought that I'd say that. 2nd best record in baseball or not, this team is kind of a mess and in one nice little tail spin right now. And let's not forget about the injuries, but that's no excuse. That's the price you pay for being a champion. Repeating is supposed to be tough. In conclusion, I just don't see title #28 coming to the Bronx this season. Annnnnnd over the course of writing this, the Rays scored 7 runs in the bottom of the 5th. Ugh.