Friday, September 24, 2010

Doesn't It Sort Of Suck To Be A Buckeye?


How many times do I have to tell you that I'm afraid of the SEC!

DISCLAIMER: For God's sake, calm down, you assholes. Read the entire fucking post before you start telling me how great you are. The fact that your blood pressure rose threefold just from the title alone is extremely pathetic. Let me state my case and then you can respond in a cordial and calm demeanor. Fair?

I just don't understand how Buckeye fans do it. Why do you keep going to the games? Why do you still act like Saturdays are a big fucking deal? They really aren't. No, this is not me railing against college football in favor of the vastly superior NFL again. In fact, it's sort of a back-handed compliment if you think about it. Since you don't think like normal people though, I will explain.

Will any of you anOSU fans admit that the season kind of sucks? I mean, you have 3 or 4 games that will even be played within two touchdowns. Doesn't that sort of blow though due to its anti-climactic nature? Doesn't it get old watching your team get up by 40 points in the first half and then pretty much take a knee for the third and fourth quarter? Obviously, I don't think you should apologize for being better than almost everyone else out there and nor do I expect you to want to be worse. I just think that it would get old and less important to you when you get older to see the same thing every damn week.  There isn't enough beer in the world that would make me interested in an Ohio U blowout win.

Wouldn't you rather take a Saturday afternoon off from watching your boys kill Indiana and take the wife out shopping for modern bedding?  No?  Well, you chose wisely because no man should ever be subjected to that.  But that being said, and again it's not an indictment of how successful the program has been, I just don't get how everyone can be so pumped about a season in which 75% of the games are over before they start.  And I sure as shit don't understand why over 100,000 dickheads would pack that stadium for games against Eastern Michigan and Ron Zook.

Is it more fun being a Michigan fan right now where the unknown of the season results is exciting and nerve-racking at the same time?  After all, the journey from average to great is one of the best parts about being a fan.  Perhaps but I doubt that Ohio State would want to be in the position that the Wolverines are in.  So I guess that I just really want to know how you guys do it?  How do you act like you care and that every game matters?  Seriously, I'm interested.  And if any of you gives some faggy answer like "it's called being a fan" then just don't bother commenting.

Also, a friendly reminder that tomorrow is the Damman 30th Birthday Bash as well as the G$ 30th Birthday Box Social!  Good times will be had by all.  The Bier Stube on High St. is the place to be what with it's cheap beer, cheap shots, ample TV's, dankness, and excellent jukebox.  Damman already turned 30 on Wednesday, but I've still got a few days left in my 20's.  Come on out and have a mediocre time.  At least the Oregon State/Boise State game will keep you entertained.

CSNstores.com has deemed you losers fit for another giveaway.  This time, we're giving away a $75 gift card to the online store.  Leave a comment related to today's excellent topic to enter the sweepstakes.  I'll announce the winner on Monday.  Trust me, I do accept bribes.  So if you show up to our Bash and Box Social and offer the two of us something free, well, I will remember you come drawing time.  Unless I blackout...which is possible.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the price you pay for being an elite program. Ohio State is just better than everyone else. I admit, games like tomorrow get me about as excited as watching Dut try to get it in with some High St. broad at Lodge Bar. But what are you going to do? We Buckeye fans celebrate every Saturday being the best and by crushing our opponents into the ground. We love hearing whiny bitches complain about how good we are. Thanks, G$

Michigan is a medicore program right now. They are Purdue. Why would anyone want their team to be medicore?

It's kind of like you being a Yankee fan. Don't you get tired of knowing that whatever player the Yankees want, they will get? You know at the start of the season they will make the playoffs because they have bought the best talent. So doesn't that take some excitment out of the season? I didn't think so.

-Damman

The Iceman said...

Baseball doesn't count because there are 15 times more games during the season. Baseball doesn't get exciting (well, that is for the fags that actually like baseball) until playoff time. And every program has its rebuilding time Damman. There will come a day when OSU drinks truck stop toilet water again...and no matter where you are I will find you to remind you of what you wrote today. Pathetic? Maybe. Gratifying? You bet your sweet ass.

Drew said...

I'll definitely admit to not being very excited about tomorrow...I mean we are ranked # 2 and according to CBS EMU is 119 out of 120. It's going to be terrible. But, I will definitely get enjoyment out of it. I think you actually have to be a bigger nerd about the whole thing to really enjoy tomorrow like I will. The common Buckeye fan probably won't have any interest once the "scrubs" come in. But, for someone who follows recruiting and actually realizes that those "scrubs" will be our first team in two years I find that time to be very interesting to get looks at them. I'd rather watch our whole second team play tomorrow than any of the first team.

As for the bad Big Ten games...I still like beating up on those teams, just because that's what we do. Disasters happen like Purdue last year...and those suck balls. But, payback will be fun this year.

What time does the birthday party start? How many grenades can I bring?

Grumpy said...

Have you thought that OSU Aggie fans are just too stupid to know any better?

GMoney said...

Drew, whenever you get there is when it starts. I would hope that things begin some time after the game ends though.

D, I thought about the baseball analogy for a long time and whether it applied here. Obviously, the talent superiority is similar. But with any pitcher being able to shut down any team on any given night, that changes things and sort of keeps things interesting. Ohio State could punt on first down for half of their games and still win.

And please never compare Ohio State football to the Yankees. The Yanks actually win titles.

Drew said...

G$...OSU Football and the Yankees have won an equal amount of titles since 2001.

What happened to C.C. yesterday? I turned off the game when Price got out of his jam...look at the computer 30 minutes later and Joba's in there cleaning up a mess.

The Iceman said...

Also, in baseball if you lose a few games here and there to shitty teams no one gives a shit and you still have a good shot at a championship. In college football if you lose to a shitty team (Purdue) it'll keep you from even making the title game...against an SEC team...that will most certainly blow you out.

MuDawgfan said...

Anyone have a problem with the comparison of Big 10 circa 2010 is similar to Pac 10 from 2003-2008?

Painfully top heavy, predictable finishes, horrible on defense (OSU is the exception) and you knew the outcome of every game before the season started.

Ohio State has a vested interest in hoping the rest of the Big 10 gets its act together, and soon. Hire better coaches, recruit better, build better facilities. Otherwise it's just going to be Nebraska and Ohio State, year after year in the title game.

GMoney said...

Dawg, that is some quality thinkin' right there. If it means that in a few more years, Lane Kiffin will be the coach here then I'm all for it. RichRod and Lane are destined to do battle.

Oh Drew, how cute it is to skew things only the way that you want them.

Drew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Drew said...

OSU's season will be much more interesting next year with these games on the schedule...

@ Da U
@ Nebraska
Wisconsin
PSU
@ Michigan

I'm still very concerned with Wisconsin in Madison at night and at Iowa this year.

Anonymous said...

The Yankees comparison is about as perfect as it gets. The only way to have a successful season most years is to win it all... Unless expectations are brought down early in the season by losing to usc and purdont. I don't really give a shit if we play cupcakes every week. Just get me to the title game. We'll take home a B10 title and an ass woopin over michigan in the process.

Also, I like games like this one because there is 0 chance of losing which means there's a 100% chance of partying all day and night.

Dut

GMoney said...

The Plugged Nickel has a sweet tailgate, huh, Dut?

You are not the Yankees. You are not the Yankees. You are not the Yankees.

Anonymous said...

Having been to my fair share of OSU games, I can see G$'s and Drew's side of the argument. During college (while Hiney Gate was still there) it did not matter who we played. Some days you got more excited about the party before and after the game, but you were nevertheless still excited about every game day.
However, living away from campus means games like EMU are almost a hassle. For a team like EMU, it is simply not worth battling traffic and spending $70/ticket. I will admit though, I have never left a game early and even when we are up big I watch the "scrubs" to see what we have coming up in the future. If you follow recruiting and are a knowledgable about Ohio State football and football in general, this can sometimes make the 2nd half almost as interesting as the first.

Finally, I would never trade spots with where OSU is in 2010 compared to Michigan.

-Lil' Strut

Anonymous said...

Having been to my fair share of OSU games, I can see G$'s and Drew's side of the argument. During college (while Hiney Gate was still there) it did not matter who we played. Some days you got more excited about the party before and after the game, but you were nevertheless still excited about every game day.
However, living away from campus means games like EMU are almost a hassle. For a team like EMU, it is simply not worth battling traffic and spending $70/ticket. I will admit though, I have never left a game early and even when we are up big I watch the "scrubs" to see what we have coming up in the future. If you follow recruiting and are a knowledgable about Ohio State football and football in general, this can sometimes make the 2nd half almost as interesting as the first.

Finally, I would never trade spots with where OSU is in 2010 compared to Michigan.

-Lil' Strut

Tony B. said...

Maybe a fairer baseball comparison would be the Braves teams that won 14 division titles in a row and only 1 World Series Championship.

When I lived in Ohio (85-90), Ohio St was dominated by Michigan head to head, so for them to pull out of that and become the consistent big dog of the Big 10- I'm sure it doesn't get old. You have to enjoy it while you're on top.

Anonymous said...

Nobody ever said ohio state is the yankees. You couldn't say that about any team in any sport. The comparison is about how we feel during the regular season. Idiots.

Dut

GMoney said...

That's the thing though. I don't care about ANY of the regular season games. If they lose, oh fucking well. This is why your comparison is retarded. The sports are not comparable. Stop being retarded.

And you morons need to realize that I didn't attack anOSU at all here. This is probably the most complimentary that I can get so acecpt it.

The Iceman said...

As a Michigan fan G$ I have to tell you I'm indifferent. For every thrilling Notre Dame finish you have a frightening scare against a UMass. Granted it's fun to watch and shit is interesting from beginning to end, but that also means it's very possible to lose games you should be winning. Like Toledo...and Appy St...and almost Umass. The humiliation you're forced to deal with combined with assfuck OSU fans buying and wearing Appy st. tshirts is enough to make me wish we blew teams out every week. Like I said...it's a catch 22 and I really don't know how I feel about it.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Lil Strut on this one. Ever since going to the National Title game against Miami and the Michigan game of 2006. I will not go to a game like tomorrow. (for said reasons, drive, traffic, long day) I would rather pay $200 for a good game than get a free ticket to tomorrows game.

I will listen to the cool tones of Paul Keels and Jim Lachey.

Hoffman