Sunday, August 01, 2010

There's Been A Scott Steiner Sighting

I heard him.  I holla'ed.

I ended up going to the state fair yesterday eventhough I said that I wouldn't.  Josh and I decided to go see Weezer and it was one of the best decisions that I ever made.  Great show.  I'd do it again.  It wasn't better than the 2.5 hour monster concert that Pearl Jam put on in 2000, but it's up there.  Probably in the mix with the two Motley Crue concerts that I saw within 4 months (I am VERY proud of that!).

But anyway, walking through the fair is always interesting just to see the weird and awful foods being sold.  From what I remember:
-Fried cheesecake
-Chicken on a stick (khlau kalash?)
-Stromboli on a stick
-Fried manicotti
-Fried buckeyes!
-Chocolate-covered bacon
-Those big ass turkey legs

It was disgusting and awesome at the same time.  As for me, I spent $7 on a gyro which ended up weighing well over 10 pounds.  It was huge.  We found a bench to sit on and, lo and behold, Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner, Abyss (who appears to be a Mick Foley rip-off), and some shady wrestling promoter guy were right across the way from us.  I kept one eye on my massive gyro and the other on the table in which Steiner sat.  Two things immediately came to mind:
1. Steiner is looking very old and moves around like he's 90.
2. His arms are fucking GIGANTIC.

That's it.  Just wanted to give you an update on a post that I wrote a few weeks ago.  Move along.  Nothing to see here.  Pay no attention to the blogger with feta cheese stains on his shorts.

3 comments:

Tony B. said...

Weezer is awesome live. I saw them at Coachella in 2005 and they kicked ass. I have decided there are no bands good enough for me to go to the CA fair this year. You win this year, Ohio.

GMoney said...

I also saw a guy that night who looked EXACTLY like Bernhard Langer. Quite possibly the most obscure lookalike ever.

Grumpy said...

Don't you need a mullet to get into the State Fair?