Friday, April 09, 2010

Beaten So Bad That It Resulted In A Mail-In

Dammit. That certainly sucked sweaty goat ass. My RedHawks hockey team goes almost the entire season as the #1 team in the nation and get fucking steamrolled by Boston College in the Frozen Four last night. This game was never close. It was never in doubt. It was like watching a Big Ten team try to keep up with an SEC team in football. We were the big, plodding fuck-ups and they constantly skated right by us for easy goals. Terrible. 4 out of 5 years now that BC has knocked us out of the fucking tournament. Goddamn homos.

I had a ticket to the championship game tomorrow and now I can just light it on fire and shove the burning embers up my anus. What a waste. But at least now I don't have to go to Detroit. That would have been interesting though. You see, I have to ump a doubleheader tomorrow morning at 11. It takes near three hours to get to the D. The game is at 7. I was worried all week about whether or not I would have to make some real shitty calls just to get up there before the puck dropped. Fortunately, I don't have to worry about that now and save my dignity. I can just focus on two high schools that I've never heard of! YAY!!!

Now I have to go watch the Blue Jackets get their shit kicked by the Red Wings tonight...I need to root for better hockey teams.

To make matters worse, one of my best men at my wedding has packed his things and left Columbus. In case you did not know, the reigning Hottest Bartender in Columbus has headed west to make a new start out in Phoenix. It happened extremely quick (within a day) and I never got a chance to say goodbye. Now I know that I will see him again, but it still hurts that he's gone. Buke, if you are reading this, best of luck in Arizona and I hope that you find whatever it is that you're looking for. But if you miss the G$FL (or DFL) Draft, consider yourself dead to me!

You know what I need? I need to head into the weekend on a good note. Try this pic on for size:


Look at this picture. Stare at it long and hard. Feel free to laugh at commenter Pietsch who is #7 and sporting some MAD Umbro's!

Now read this again. It may be the best prose that I have ever written here. I LOVE that post.

Now take a look at #13. Yessir, that be the great JERRY CONN!!! With the exception of Pickle (who didn't grow at all after this picture was taken), Jerry is a foot taller than anyone else on the team. At the age of 13 (or 24 or however old he really was) he was just as tall as his coaches. Jerry Conn...that made me smile.

The way things are looking at The Masters, we could very well be looking at another "live journal" on Monday.

11 comments:

Grumpy said...

I mailed it in better than you. And the Big Ten/SEC comparison was exactly what I was thinking last night. Speed kills.

Anonymous said...

Go Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too bad nobody cares about college hockey.

Can we please put to rest the tired Big 10/SEC garbage. The Big 10 is .500 against the SEC the last 5 years (I think I read that somewhere, not gonna look it up). Ohio State's terrible record against the SEC in bowl games is what uninformed people and hilljacks from the SEC use all the time. But if you look at the facts, the Big 10 as a whole (I know, not OSU) has more than held its own the last few years against the SEC. Michigan, yes Michigan, beat Florida a couple years ago.

I know I just opened a big can of worms with this post.

-Damman

Jeff said...

G$, are you umpiring any grandview heights jv games? I'm a coach there.

GMoney said...

I doubt it, Jeff. Any team coached by you isn't good enough to have me do their games.

Damman, quit getting all butthurt over that. It's a fair comparison. The big powerful team got embarrassed by the fast team. I should have clarified better with anOSU though.

Jerry Conn is going to kick your ass if you bring that weak shit here again.

Grumpy said...

In future team pictures would you please identify yourself?

GMoney said...

Sure thing. I'm not in this.

Tony B. said...

Be careful G$- you never know when someone else might have an old team picture lying around from 2nd or 3rd grade... (although I probably look goofier than anyone in it.)

GMoney said...

I just read that McNabb has to take 70% of the snaps this year and the Skins need to win 9 games for that pick next year to be a 3rd rounder. Enjoy the 4th rounder, Philly.

Anonymous said...

If this was the G$ to OSU approach...it would be either

A.) Miami just embarrasses the CCHA every year! The CCHA is terrible. The Frozen Four shouldn't allow them back!

or

B.) What a choke job! Overrated like always. They just choked it the whole way!

G$...I'm already off work and boozing for the Wings game tonight. I'm three rows off the ice. Come find me and we can talk about how big of a fag Mr. Ace is.

--Drew

Ace said...

Its McNabb has to start 70% OR you wn 9 games. Cock jockey.

GMoney said...

Not according to your GM it isn't, Kip Drordy.