Friday, March 19, 2010

MAC > Big East


It's true. The Mid-American Conference is tougher and better than the big, bad Big East. We all saw it. The 2nd best team from the "power" conference got dominated by the 9th best team in the shit-ass MAC. OU only won 7 damn games in conference this season and they took the Hoyas to the fucking woodshed last night! Georgetown was absolutely fucking MANHANDLED.

If it sounds like I am happy about this and that this is what I wanted to happen, you are dead fucking wrong. I hate OU. I was rooting against them just as much as I do every other game. They should be wiped off the Earth. But I will say this, there is not a hotter team still playing right now than the Bobcats. Sure, they may have embarrassed themselves by losing 9 games in the MAC earlier, but that has long since been forgotten. They fucking PWNED Georgetown. That was absolutely NOT a fluke. That was never a close game. If you want to know who has the best backcourt in the country right now, look no further. Bassett and Cooper are playing better than anyone. I stand by that statement, too. Over the last three weeks, they can not be guarded. And the coaching has been outstanding. If Iowa (or Seton Hall) doesn't go balls deep after John Groce AKA Jeff Garcia Coach, they should just join The Valley as they are no longer Big Ten-caliber.

This is starting to feel like a Cinderella story to me. And I do NOT like that at all. The Kitties are playing with so much confidence and you can see it through your TV. They KNOW that they can play with anyone. I think that we may be getting an OU/Ohio State Sweet 16 matchup. I better start working on my pipe bomb-making skills now. I've only got a week left to rid the world of these dicktastic shitbag schools and fans.

By the way, nice fucking showing yesterday, Big East. Horrendous. And what a lovely game watch that I hosted at the mansion. Even Mr. Ace came over and added to the entertainment value of the event. The house damn near blew up when Murray State sunk that game winner.
****************************************************
To anyone interested that lives remotely near northwest Ohio,

Tomorrow, at the Fayette VFW in Fayette, OH (just south of the Michigan line), commenter Lester Worm Murphy is hosting his annual no-limit hold-'em tournament. I think that this is the seventh year that he's ran it now but the first time that I will be playing. I'm looking forward to it. Don't worry, this site will be represented well as I'm bringing Damman and Naptown Wolverine with me. But if you are in the area and want to toss cards with the great one, let me know and I (or Lester) will get you further details. It costs $60 and the main event starts at 1 pm. I'm told that there will be TV's with hoops on in the building so that is not an excuse.

The last time I played in a tournament that was more than two tables, it was at Rune's reception. I got blackout drunk on Crown Royal and "Middle-tini's" before the tournament even began. I ended up playing at a table with a bunch of guys who know poker pro, Mike Sexton. I made an obscene side bet with some guy (that I didn't know) that I would win the tournament. If I did, he owed me $50. If I did not, I owed him $10. I finished second in that bitch and could barely see my cards on the final hand (in which my A-K got sucked out on by A-7...or so I was told the next morning). Seriously, the future She$ had to look at my cards and tell me what I had. And I still cashed. Well, bitches, I'm coming into this tournament sober so look the fuck out. Lester, if there is a trophy involved, you might as well get my name engraved on that fucker now.

Shuffle up and deal, queers.

18 comments:

Grumpy said...

It's been ingrained in my DNA for too many years; I just can't root for OU, no matter how much it helps the image of the league. Murray State was the best finish of the day.

Mr. Ace said...

I must agree...that was absolute PWNAGE. Who is this Cooper kid and why the fuck is he at OU. You see kids slip through the cracks and end up being solid for mid majors, but you rarely see freshman. And you sure as hell don't see a freshman PG at OU dominating Gtown guards all day.

I think that Bassett kid is going to lose the next game for them. Something about him I just don't like. Seems like he will take 30 shots no matter what.

But I love Cooper.

Anonymous said...

Ou is going to get stomped by Tennessee. They won't shoot over 50% again.

What a great day of games! Unfortunately I had to sit by a computer all day.

Dut

Anonymous said...

--Thanks for the mention G$...I am still working on getting the TV's in there...

You will have a chance at two plaques tomorrow..one for winning the Main Event, and one for being top TSP finisher!!

24 hours 'till money time ......

Yesterday's games were spectacular..

--LWM

Anonymous said...

How do you figure GTown was the second best team from the Big East? Are you saying they are better than Syracuse or WVA? They arent even better than Nova. Nice exaggeration moron.

Seal

Grumpy said...

As usual, Mr. Ace has his head up his ass. He may know all there is to know about sucking balls, but he doesn't know dick about evaluating basketball talent. Bassett could start for any team in the Big East.

Mr. Ace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mr. Ace said...

Grump, you fucktard, while you may be an expert at scouting male talent...especially the young ones...just stick to backing up the rapist around these parts.

I'm not saying the kid isn't talented. He is. I believe he is a transfer from Indiana...he can play. I just found myself cringing several times in the second half with some of the decisions he made. I think he tries to handle the ball too much instead of having the ball in Coopers hands, who can really create. That is all.

He kinda reminds me of Ben Gordon his last year for the Bulls.

Tony B. said...

Your poker experience of playing blackout drunk sounds a bit like when I went to Vegas in October. My friends saw me in the card room at Mandalay at 3am and told me the next morning I didn't look like I was alive. Luckily, I came back with $250 more than I had originally, so I guess it was working for me.

Also, I'm an idiot for not going to San Jose yesterday. My friend from work went and got to see Murray St. pull off their shenanigans.

GMoney said...

If you think that OU is going to stop this, you are wrong. They have been playing this way for the past 7-8 games. It's going to take an amazing effort to beat them.

G'Town was runner-up in the Big East tourney. It was actually quite easy to call them the 2nd best team in the Big East.

Damman backed out of tomorrow's tourney. Go ahead and call him a bitch.

Ace had the line of the day yesterday after they showed the band geek from Murray State crying..."This is why he came back for his Senior year". Classic.

Anonymous said...

So since syracuse lost in their first game of the Big East tourny, they are one of the worst teams? Makes perfect sense. God youre an idiot.

Seal

GMoney said...

I use whatever info that I need to to prove my point. Look at the fucking title of this post fer chris'sake!

Mr. Ace said...

Morgan State is gonna give WVU a game. Their guards can ball.

MEAC>Big East!!! Suck on that, Seal!

Anonymous said...

Damman is a bitch. Are you going to play in one of the satellites tomorrow? I think I am heading over around 11:30.

Hoffman

Anonymous said...

Hoffman, shut your mouth. I have decided that I want your money and I will be there.

-Damman

GMoney said...

No satellites, Hoffman, I don't need a warm-up.

Anonymous said...

--Poker smack talk.....gotta love it!!!

So far today's games have been rather boring...

--LWM

Grumpy said...

Ace, nice call on Morgan State.