Monday, February 15, 2010

That Was Terrible


Are any of you like me? I grew up watching MJ and 'Nique freaking own NBA All-Star Saturday night. It was always outstanding television. Thus, I have always watched these events every year in hoping that some of the magic from the old days is brought back to the now. Ugh, it is apparently long gone and is not coming back any time soon.

Yes, I played the role of the good husband and took the wife out for dinner on Saturday night. But I made sure to DVR NBA All-Star Saturday Night before we left. I can't remember the last time that I missed the dunk contest. They haven't always been good, but I'm a sucker for a sick dunk. After Saturday night's shitfest, I might not watch again. That was fucking awful. Sir Charles, Reggie, and The Jet were ALL OVER those stiffs for not being entertaining and they deserved every fucking word of it. Reggie was even talking about going out there and throwing down better dunks and he's 70 years old now.

Shannon Brown just did an average alley-oop. Just because Kobe threw the pass (which would have been his first assist ever) does not make it entertaining or difficult. The dunks that Gerald Wallace through down were just garden variety real-game fast break slams. They were terrible. Although, Charles saying that Wallace was from Chitlins-ville, Alabama and Reggie asking if that was near Ham Hock, was hilarious. DeMar Derozan at least tried to be creative with his dunks and he had it won until his final dunk was stupid and unimaginative.

Then there was Nate Robinson. He really does suck. Did you know that he is the only 3 time winner of this event? 3 is a special number because that is the number of dunks he has all season. Would you even rank him as one of the twenty best dunkers ever? Fuck no.

I've never been more disappointed in this event in my life. But how do you make it better? First of all, they shouldn't get two minutes to throw one down. They should get two tries. That's it, if you can't do it in two attempts, you can't do it so go sit the fuck down. I guess there is some guy in the NBDL that can do a legit 720 dunk. GET THAT GUY IN THE LEAGUE SO HE CAN MAKE EVERYONE'S FACE MELT! Hell, he's got to be better than half the players on the Nets. It could have been worse, I guess. Pieces of the floor could have caved in like at the Daytona 500. What a fucking joke. They need to stop saying that that is their "Super Bowl". There were fucking potholes for shit's sake! It's just like if it rains. Everyone has to deal with...let those fucks drive through a hole in the asphalt. I want more dead drivers, dammit! That is a bigger joke than Nate Robinson being a three time dunk champion. Ridiculous.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe if pussies like LeBron actually got into the fucker then it would have been good.

--Drew

GMoney said...

Needed more Jonas Jerebko.

Anonymous said...

Unlike LeBron, Jonas is probably not scared of the dunk contest.

--Drew

Anonymous said...

I was never so happy to miss watching all Star Saturday. I literally saw the last dunk that DeRozen did, and I thought to myself...I hope it wasn't like this all night, and right after the dunk, Barkley, Smith and Miller, started dumping on how the whole night basically sucked balls.

They definately need to find a way to get the stars back into it. Raise the pay for the winner, have the money go to charity...award 3 more wins to your teams regular season win total...anything...but get those stars into the mix.

And I couldn't agree more than you get two attempts....the one year Nate won it, I think he literally has 13 attemtps on one dunk...pathetic!!

--LWM

GMoney said...

Prepare yourselves because when Ferry pulls off the epic Amare for JJ Hickson trade this week, there is going to be one massive post to follow.

Kudos to the Wizards on giving away their team for Drew Gooden and spare parts.

Anonymous said...

Will we be getting a massive post when Ferry doesn't land Amare?

--Drew

Anonymous said...

They should let Diebler into the three point contest next year, even though he'll still be at OSU.

--Drew