Monday, February 08, 2010

Final Thoughts On The Super Bowl


I poured my heart and soul into the live blog (keep scrolling down) during the game but there are a few things that I want to hit on further. This was a pretty solid Super Bowl. And while nauseating, it did complete a great story. Now we don't have to hear about the Saints and Katrina again. It's over. So we've got that going for us. I've got 4 more thoughts on the game:

4. Get ready to vomit because Jeremy Shockey has TWO Super Bowl rings. This does not feel like it should be true. I hate him.

3. The kickers were surprisingly a big difference. Matt Stover attempting a 51 yard field goal was beyond stupid. But Garrett Hartley was a stone cold killer on his three long kicks. The Stover miss was demoralizing while the Hartley makes gave the Saints life when they were still trying to find their rhythm. He won't get a ton of press, but Hartley meant a TON to the Saints tonight.

2. Bold coaching moves will be rewarded more than vanilla. This is the same shit that has doomed Jim Tressel in past big games. When you run a basic and fundamental game plan, you will almost always lose. You have to creative. Sean Payton did a few crazy things in this game (on the goalline and the end around) but his creativity proved to be the difference. That onside kick was just a fucking sick call. If they don't get it, they lose by two scores. But they do and that was the turning point of the game. On the contrary, you know exactly what the Colts are going to do. They always end up becoming one dimensional by throwing the ball in the second half instead of feeding Addai. I thought that Payton straight up owned Caldwell. After the first quarter when New Orleans lost their jitters, the Colts had no answers.

1. Peyton Manning is not the best QB of all time. He's not even in the discussion. What is it with this guy and him coming up small in big games. He didn't play like himself which leads me to believe that it's something mental with him. If I had to pick one QB to win me the Super Bowl, Peyton would be about 5 on that list. Hell, even his bogus Super Bowl MVP from three years ago was a pretty shitty game for him. Please stop saying that he is one of the best. He is no Montana. No Elway. No Bradshaw. No Brady. No Roethlisberger (yeah, that's right). Ben ain't throwing no pick sixes in the Super Bowl in the 4th quarter. Don't get me wrong, I like Peyton. He seems like a good guy and all, but all of this "best ever" praise is nothing but bullshit. He has the same number of rings as Jeff Hostetler, Brett Favre, Trent Dilfer, and Brad Johnson. Think about that...those are the four worst Super Bowl winning QB's ever!

Ugh, fucking Drew won the picks contest here with a solid 10-4 run and nailing the MVP. His reward is nothing.

Ummmmm, that's about all I have to say. I've been working on my laptop for about 6 hours tonight and I think my thighs are on fire. Smells like rotisserie chicken. Time to put this fucker away. GEAUX SAINTS!!!

14 comments:

GMoney said...

Just read that Peyton went to the locker room without shaking Brees's hand. He should be crucified for this like LeBron was. The media should be calling Manning a selfish and spoiled baby.

Mr. Ace said...

I've said that about Peyton all along. His post-season numbers suck dick! That is not what elite quarterbacks do. He is just a Donovan McNabb who got lucky once.

Mr. Ace said...

I saw Manning walking straight to the locker room after the game...I honestly don't have that big of a problem with it. The field was crazy after the game and I can't blame him for not wanting to push through that just to shake hands.

Anonymous said...

I actually noticed that Peyton didn't shake Brees's hand after the game. But, like Ace said, it's not quite the same as Lebron because the field was a mess right after the game. Would have been very hard for him to fight his way over to Brees. So, yeah, Lebron still acted like a spoiled brat after the Magic series last year.

-Damman

Anonymous said...

Stafford>Manning

Me>All you schmucks in picking games.


G$ didn't want to reward me with a prize out of fear.

--Drew

GMoney said...

Fear that you would try to blow me.

Rex Grossman made that walk of shame for him. And I bet that Brees would have done it, too.

Anonymous said...

I'm giving Jim Caldwell about three years.

Because the moment Manning retires management will realize he is a fucking dipstick of a coach.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I acquiesce in but I contemplate the brief should have more info then it has.

Mr. Ace said...

What the hell is going on here?

GMoney said...

Anonymous must have gotten a thesaurus for Christmas. Carry on, just ignore that.

Tony B. said...

Goddamn- Manning threw for 333 yards. He obviously made a bad throw and looked out of sorts when they were down 14 with less than 2 minutes to go, but the guy did not play a bad game.

How about blaming Pierre Garcon (how do I make that squiggly below the "c?") Colts up 10-0 and he drops a ball thrown right into his hands on 3rd and long that would have continued the drive. Instead, the Saints get the ball back in a more manageable situation.

I could give a fuck about Manning, and he's not the best ever but he didn't play that bad yesterday.

Anonymous said...

You don't really believe that big ben is better than peyton. If ben was on the colts, they would have won 4 games max.

Peyton played great except for 1 throw.

Sure glad I money lined the saints!

Dut

GMoney said...

For a full season, I would take Peyton over Ben. But if I had to pick a QB for the playoffs to win me a Super Bowl, I would take Big Ben anyday over Mr. 9-9.

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.