Wednesday, February 03, 2010

College Sports Horse-plop


There are a lot of topics that I want to speak on today covering the realm of college sports. No time to fuck around with an intro, let's get to the balls and shaft of this post.

*Today is SIGNING DAY!!!
-I'll say it again, it's somewhat OK to get excited if you bring in some good players. But if you are one of those assholes that lives and breathes high school football across the nation, you are a faggot. Yes, you are, Drew. Most of these kids are going to have meaningless tenures at whichever school they pick. Remember Bryce Brown from last year? He went to Tennessee and you didn't give a fuck about him. Remember Terrelle Pryor? He is still a loser.

*Does the Big Ten really NEED Pitt?
-Rumors are swirling that some time this week, Pitt is going to be named as the 12th member of the Big Ten. Now, both Pitt and the fucking idiots who run the Big Ten disagree with these reports, but it warrants discussion. What exactly would Pitt bring to the conference? They don't open up any new markets. It is a mediocre program. It gave the world Mark May. They share a stadium with the Stillers. You may not think that this is a big deal, but the Big Ten isn't really a conference that competes in major cities with pro sports teams. They like being the only show in town. You may say that Northwestern shares the city with the Bears, but the Bears have been irrelevant for pretty much 25 years now. I thought that the whole point of expansion was to broaden the conference's reach (ie. Notre Dame or a team that could open NYC up like Rutgers or the Cuse). Pitt adds nothing other than what would be an excellent rivalry with Penn State and an excuse for Steelers and Browns fans to fight each other on Saturdays now, too. Personally, I think this is all a crock of shit. Jim Delaney doesn't want to expand. They have it made now anyway. Not playing a conference title game means no chance for your big dog to be upset. And it also helps them get a second, even more undeserving, team in the BCS to keep everyone fat and happy. In short, Pitt sucks and they aren't going to add anything to the Big Ten...except for the Wannstache...he's alright.

*March Madness is going to get fucked up.
-The NCAA is talking about expanding the NCAA tourney from 65 teams to 96 teams. Fuck. You. This is an awful idea. That first weekend would be fucking terrible. Jesus, exactly what is wrong with how the current system is set up? Do we really need an extra weekend in which the marquee game is UC-Santa Barbara vs. Drake for the right to play Baylor? I love college hoops and even I wouldn't watch that shit. That isn't the NCAA tournament. Hell naw. I already take the Thursday and Friday off of work for the first round games. I can't do the same thing the weekend prior, too. That's fucked. I'm not wasting 4 vacation days on college basketball. Ugh, the fucking greed of these assholes just pisses me off to no end. LEAVE THE TOURNAMENT ALONE, GODDAMMIT!

*The BracketBusters people aren't even trying anymore.
-I enjoy BracketBusters weekend. It gives the little guys a chance to show their stuff on national TV and gives the moronic public a chance to see some of the teams that will fuck their brackets up. Usually, they match up teams that are pretty much equal when it comes to RPI. The big game this year is Siena/Butler. Should be a good one. Unfortunately, the schedule makers pretty much stopped caring after that. My RedHawks may be 8-13, but they still have a decent RPI at around 150. They get to play Southeast Missourah State who is over 100 spots worse in the rankings. Their nickname is also the Redhawks. How much do you want to bet that those idiots thought it would be funny to have the RedHawks and Redhawks play each other? LOOGIT, THEYS GOT THE SAME NAME! Whatever, when my team hasn't won a road game yet this season, how can I complain when we are given a gimme.

Not a good week for college sports if you ask me. Which you didn't. But you will listen to my thoughts because I am an important guy who has his own blog. That is how it works. I have all the power. And I better not have to use this power when a certain fanbase of assholes attacks the comments with random signing day retardery.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

*Signing day is fucking awesome and you are a moron if you don't think it's important. Unfortunately or fortunately (however you want to look at it) for Buckeye fans, we rarely have too much drama on this day as we tend to get most of it done early. We do today though...and as I said yesterday..I'm calling Seantrel to USC even though everyone has him going to OSU and Matt James to OSU, even though everyone has him going to Notre Dame...watch it happen.

*Pitt won't be joining the big ten for the reasons you stated. It's a dumb rumor, because it really makes no sense due to once again the reasons you stated. Also, they would improve us for basketball but isn't the main idea to improve football a bit? That's not going to happen with Pitt.

*Expanding to 96 teams for the tourney is beyond retarded.

*I say you guys put your name on the line against SE Missouri State. Winner gets to keep their name. Then that game would be interesting to me.

--Drew

GMoney said...

If we would throw the game, can we be the Redskins again?

You're right...18 year old tight ends and guards are REALLY awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, James just went to ND...I hope I go 0/2 on my shockers now.

You do love 18 year old tight ends, G$.

--Drew

Mr. Ace said...

MICHIGAN IS STEALING A DB FROM FLORIDA...but losing a safety to fucking Washington.

I think the Big Ten is really going after Missouri more than anything.

It's all about money. Even if it just Pitt, the money that a conference championship would bring in makes it worth it in the Big Ten's eyes.

Anonymous said...

I got a bad feeling about Henderson too. I heard kiffin is supposed to be on right after Seantrel commits. I can't remember the last NLOI day that OSU landed a big name. Even Pryor waited till March to announce.

I'm not sure a conference championship would make the Big 10 more money than it does now for the same reasons G$ already mentioned. Iowa wouldn't have made a BCS game this year if we had a conf championship game. I want Texas dammit!

Dut

Anonymous said...

And oh shit ace! A DB from Florida!? I guess he has to be good if he's from Florida!

Dut

Mr. Ace said...

Hey fucktard, he decommited from Florida...so yeah, HE HAS TO BE GOOD!

Get a clue ya turd.

Anonymous said...

Who is Michigan stealing from Florida?

--Drew

Mr. Ace said...

Demar Dorsey... He decommited from Florida about a week ago--some people say Florida let him go-- and will be picking between M, FSU, and USC at 1. There were also some rumors that UF was back in the running. But the word on the street is he is an M lock. And he is Denard Robinson's cousin.

Anonymous said...

OK. You had me confused when you said they were "stealing" a recruit from Floria. I knew he got his offer yanked when he refused to not go on other visits recently. I thought you were trying to say that you snake oiled a surprise today. Big difference.

--Drew

GMoney said...

Worst day in the comments ever.

Mike Haywood is apparently bringing in a solid class considering his team has won 3 games in 2 years.

Mr. Ace said...

I think Florida tried to push him and he called their bluff. I don't think they actually pulled the offer. Why would they try to get him back if they pulled the offer?

I don't really care either way. I will take one of the best DB's in the country however we can get him.

Mr. Ace said...

Toledo signed a 4 star WR!!!! This is the second year in a row we scored a 4 star. He may only score a 3 on the ACT, but he's a baller.

Anonymous said...

Considering Toledo took you, I don't think it matters what ACT score that dude got. Didn't you just color patterns in the scantron because you were so confused?

Dut

Mr. Ace said...

Let it be known that I scored well above average on the ACT...I think, I don't remember my exact score.

You went to BG. We're in the same boat...except my school isn't known as the STD capitol.

Anonymous said...

Is it bad to be the STD capital of the world? Doesn't that just mean that we fuck a lot? And I promise that green rash is not contagious!

Dut

Mr. Ace said...

That means you fuck whores a lot.

Side note, are we playing cards tomorrow?

Grumpy said...

Talk about fucktards; set up your social calendar somewhere else. While you're arguing about some 18 yr. old DB, nobody addressed G$'s most important point, March Madness. Leave the tourney alone.

Mr. Ace said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
GMoney said...

You don't run shit, Ace, unless it's Tuesday which it is clearly not. Know your role.

By the way, it appears that Miami has brought in a monster recruiting class considering the conference they play in and the current state of the program.

Mr. Ace said...

...I think you guys are in the bottom half of the MAC still.

Tony B. said...

I heard UCSB (mentioned in the post, so it's relevant) was the STD capital of the world.

Anonymous said...

PS- the florida recruit, Dorsey, has a felony and is tied to another one. Congratulations. Richrod is the best thing to ever happen to Michigan. Pacman/Chris Henry 2 has arrived!

PS- Dorsey backward = yesrod!

Dut

Mr. Ace said...

Dut, I know this. If Dorsey can equal Pacman then....FUCK YES! Also, the kid was acquitted of all charges. He didn't plea down to a misdemeanor. He was acquitted.

Mary Jones said...

Demar Dorsey... He decommited from Florida about a week ago--some people say Florida let him go-- and will be picking between M, FSU, and USC at 1. There were also some rumors that UF was back in the running. But the word on the street is he is an M lock. And he is Denard Robinson's cousin.