Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Money Shot Bowl Mania Madness

Is the fucking bowl season over yet? Seriously, this drags on way too long and the games are way too meaningless. I slightly cared about the Rose Bowl because I wanted to drink the Fuckeye faithful tears after another crushing loss, but they won. It was a slight disappointment, but I could care less. I didn't give a shit about the Florida/Cincy because I knew what that game was going to be the moment it was scheduled, a bloodbath. I didn't give a shit about last night's game between Boise/TCU because I thought it was bullshit that they were matched up. All in all there were a total of four or five bowl games that I actually cared about, and that is including the "National Championship" game.

Can we just have a fucking playoff already? I want to care about post-season college football games, I really do, but the bowl season is just annoying. I love college football, but it's impossible to even put it in the same universe as the NFL based solely on the fact that the way college football determines a champion is fucking bogus. College football has the opportunity to be the greatest sport in America, better than the NFL, if they have the stones to say no to the corporate fat cats and have a true, legitimate competition to determine the actual National Champion. There is no atmosphere greater than a home game at a top college program. Not even the greatest NFL rivalries can hold a candle to the atmosphere of a big game at Oregon, LSU, Florida, and even at anOSU. Can you imagine one of these schools hosting a playoff game? That would be out of this fucking world. I want this for college football and so should you. The bowl season sucks.

That is my final rant on college football until August. Thank you.

But there are still three more games to be played and it is a tight race at the top of the standings in the MONEY SHOT BOWL MANIA MADNESS!!! Up to date standings after the picks.

ORANGE BOWL- IOWA vs GEORGIA TECH- GT-5.
I've waxed poetically about my love for GT more than once on this site, so I won't bore you with it again. But they are fucking sweet. Okay, their offense is sweet. Their defense is a sieve and there is no tampon large enough to stop it from bleeding all over the place. I'm still rolling with Paul Johnson's boys because I like what he do...when he do what he do. Iowa being part of a BCS bowl is a joke. Why is Kirk Ferentz still wasting away in that shit hole? GT-5.

GMAC BOWL- CENTRAL MICHIGAN vs TROY- CMU-2.5.
I'm going with CMU, but not for the reason that everyone else will go with them. I'm taking them because of their defense. They have only allowed 224 points this year...Troy has allowed 343. And then, of course, you throw LeFevour in there and I think his one of pretty clear. Obviously the loss of Butch Jones makes it a tough call for some...but you're all morons if you think that. Chips -2.5.

FAKE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME- ALABAMA vs TEXAS- BAMA-4.
This line opened at -4 and hasn't moved at all. I thought for sure the Alabama hilljacks would move this line up a little bit. But apparently the Texas tards wouldn't be outdone. I think this one is obvious. Alabama is better in every single aspect of the game. Offense, defense, special teams...I will take Alabama over Texas in all of them. Greg McElroy has been playing just as good as any other quarterback in the nation over the last half of the season. I think Bama rolls all over Texas. I think it will be ugly. I think Colt McCoy will not finish the game. I think Colt McCoy's girlfriend blows Saban during the post-game interview. Bama wins, 36-20. Bama-4.

There you have it, three guaranteed picks.

Now, what you have all been waiting for... the standings:
NAME WIN LOSS
DREW 18 13
ANDREW 17 14
JEFF 17 14
DAMMAN 16 13
GRUMP 16 14
G$ 16 15
ACE 15 16
TONY B 15 16
LIL STRUT 14 15
SEAL 14 16
JESSCOT 14 9
J SAUL 13 18
DUT 10 10
KP 8 13
AKPAUL 5 7
BEANIE 3 8

And to everyone's shock, Drew is leading. Ray Small would be proud.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

That bitch in the picture looks like a hotter version of Sarah Silverman.

Nice to see Mr. Ace's "#2 team in the nation" lose to Boise State.

Just face it...I know more about college football than you morons.

Iowa
CMU
Alabama

--Drew

GMoney said...

Remember, I was 2-9 at one point here and now I'm over .500. I will win this (at least a share).

Iowa
Troy
Texas

College football will never pass the NFL in popularity. This isn't the 40's anymore. Doc Blanchard is dead (probably).

Grumpy said...

Ramblin' Wreck
Chips
Elephant

G$, your picks this time are horrible. Enjoy the bottom third of your own pool.

Jeff said...

IOWA
CMU
BAMA

KPietsch said...

Now that's a money picture.

Iowa
Troy
Bama

Dustin said...

Iowa
Cmu
Texas

Mr. Ace said...

I said when I made the TCU pick that I wasn't thrilled about it because I didn't know if TCU would give a shit. They didn't. Boise got to hear for a month how much better TCU was, hell, Corso picked TCU to win by 27!!! And Boise came out with something to play for and came out on top. I still think TCU would beat Texas.

G$, you will go 1-2 at best this week, you ritard.

GMoney said...

I'm not really making these picks because I feel strongly about them. I'm making them to try and win. You wouldn't understand because you have lost at the game of life (who buys yellow shoes!!!). Actually, I want to go all different from Drew.

GT
Troy
Texas

Tony B. said...

GT
CMU
Alabama

Anonymous said...

Iowa
CMU
Hook 'Em!

-Lil' Strut

Anonymous said...

This could only leave me in a tie for first, but I feel strongly about all these picks.

GT
CMU
BAMA

Andrew

Anonymous said...

Is there a tiebreaker? Total points in Nat'l Title game?

Andrew

Mr. Ace said...

No tie breaker, if you queers tie then you were meant to be.

Anonymous said...

Iowa
cmu
bama

JSaul

Anonymous said...

Iowa
Troy
Bama

Seal

Jeff said...

If G$ can switch, so can I.

GT
TROY
TEXAS

Anonymous said...

GT
CMU
Texas

AKPaul

jessegscott said...

Iowa
Troy
Texas

GMoney said...

Eat shit, Jeff.

Anonymous said...

Iowa
Troy
Bama

-Damman