Friday, January 15, 2010

Laying Down The Gauntlet

(This is what I assume Grumpy looks like and how he behaves)

Grumpy on 1/8: I actually like your picks.
Grumpy on 1/11: Hey dickhead, you may have been 2-2 ATS, but you were 1-3 in your picks. Stop fellating yourself, you have Mr. Ace for that.

And he continues to insult my prognosticating abilities. WELL WHICH IS IT, FUCKO!!! Do you love my picks or do you hate them? You know what, I really don't care. You pissed me off with your slander. I am throwing a challenge down now to all of you willing to enter. My picks against the spread against yours. And we'll make it even harder. We'll also do over/unders. If you think that you know more than me using your exceptional hindsight, prove it, fuckers. Same with you, Drew. You want to talk about how great you are in the Ace Pool thingy, follow it up by winning this. I might even give out a prize if the winner is ridiculously awesome (like going 11-3 or something). Just leave your picks (ATS and O/U) in the comments. We will go through the Super Bowl.

Arizona (+7) @ New Orleans (57)
I can see this going either way here. The Cardinals have to be spent after last week's game and the Saints are rested and ready to go. Or, the Cardinals have the momentum and the Saints are still the same fragile team that they were in December. I wish that this line was 7.5, it would be a much easier pick. Even with Jesus on their side, I don't see the Cards defense making enough plays on the road to stop Breesus. That's right, Breesus > Jesus. Give me the home team not covering but hitting the over. Plus, I'm one of those creepy fucks who thinks Kim Kardashian is hot, so I'll pick her wife. Saints 37, Cardinals 31 (OVER)

Baltimore (+6.5) @ Indianapolis (44)
The Ravens are fucking hot with the exception of their mutant QB. The Colts are ice cold and rusty. This is one of those games that we will know the outcome after the first offensive possessions. If the Ravens can run the ball, here is your upset of the weekend. If they go 3-and-out, punt, and Manning carves them up for 6 6 minutes into the game, this could be a 21 point blowout. Damn. I want to think that Bawlmer can keep it close but their QB was bad even before he became a gimp. Saturday night game...Colts fans are usually loud anyway but they've got a full day of drinking ahead of them...I like it. The Dungy Colts would lose this game. I don't think it happens this year. Colts 24, Ravens 15 (UNDER)

Dallas (+2.5) @ Minnesota (46)
I have absolutely no feel for this game. None. These two are about as evenly matched as possible. Bet on Romo? Do you really trust him on the road in the playoffs? Bet on Favre? Do you really trust Favre in the playoffs? Ugh. You can't win. The Cowboys have a slightly better defense. The Vikings have a better running game, better receivers, better kicker, and better d-line. The Cowboys have a better o-line, secondary, and linebackers. Both of these coaches are fucking horrendous. Most people say, when in doubt, take the points. I disagree here. When in doubt, take the home team giving less than a field goal to Wade Phillips. I think the Cowboys are content with finally winning a playoff game. Vikings 27, Cowboys 24 (OVER)

New York Jets (+7) @ San Diego (43)
This line started at 8.5 points and is now down to 7. This scares me. When THAT much of a shift goes toward one side, that side usually disappoints. Especially when that side features THE SANCHIZE! The Chargers have won 11 in a row but when they play good teams, it's usually close. San Diego is the only team in the NFL to score 20+ points in every game this year. I don't see that stopping here. That being said, the Jets match up pretty well offensively as the Chargers can be run on. How awesome is Shonn Greene by the way? I loved the 8.5 points earlier in the week...not so much now. I definitely do not care for only getting 7. I think the Jets will be able to score a bit but their luck runs out Sunday. Chargers 26, Jets 16 (UNDER)

All 4 games last week went over. I don't expect that to happen again. If I had to put a lock on one of these games this weekend--whew--I think I would on the Colts. Pey-Pey isn't going to turn the ball over 4 times like Brady did. There you go, pussies. My picks. Go ahead, try to beat me (off). FYI, once they are in, no changing. Fuck you, Jeff. Now if you don't mind, I need to prepare myself for my only trip this year to Millett Hall tomorrow. BEAT OU!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cards/ Over
Ravens/ Under
Vikings/ Under
Jets/ Over

Naptown Wolverine

Grumpy said...

Cards/Over
Colts/Under
Vikes/Over
Chargers/Under

Take $20 bucks to Millett; you can buy everyone a Coke and get change.

Jeff said...

Saints/Under
Ravens/Over
Vikings/Under
Chargers/Under

Final Answer!

GMoney said...

I am looking forward to some Skipper's tomorrow morning. Nice picks, by the way, they are the same as mine. How can I prove my superiority!

Anonymous said...

Cards/Over
Ravens/Under
Cowboys/Over
Chargers/Over

-Damman

Anonymous said...

To my followers. I apologize for going 2-2 last weekend and costing you your juice. It shall not happen again.

Picks....

Cards/Over
Colts/Under
Vikings/Under
Chargers/Under

--Drew

GMoney said...

If you would like an alternate topic today, how about JWOWW hitting The Situation in the face and Ronnie knocking that fool out cold last night!!!

Dustin said...

Jersey shore was fantastic last night! Can we just fast forward to next thursday at 10 already?

Cards over
Colts over
Vikings under
Chargers over

Upstate Underdog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Upstate Underdog said...

Dallas, over
Indianapolis, under
San Diego, over
Arizona, over

Mr. Ace said...

NO-7/UNDER. Did you see the celebration in Arizona last week after the game? They thought they won the fucking Super Bowl. NO is going to come in balanced and dominate.

Balt+6.5/OVER. The over worries me, but I see this game going kinda like the NE game. I think Balt will get up early and finish with somewhere between 24-28 points. If the Colts do win it is going to be after they take the lead late in the game. I think Balt wins outright. Peyton Manning sucks in the playoffs, you can't argue with that.

Dallas+2.5/OVER. Dallas is the best team in the playoffs, and I hate it. I was hoping that I could find some reason to see Minny winning but I can't. The only thing Minnesota has over Dallas is Defensive Line. Dallas has a better run game...AP hasn't gone over 100 yards in the last 7 games, better WR/TE's, better O-line, better everything. This will be a rout, mark it down.

JETS+7/UNDER. If the Jets didn't have to go all the way to the West Coast I would feel better about this one, but I still like it. The Jets will make SD play ugly football all game. The Jets D will shut down Jackson and Gates. SD's defense is fucking terrible. I don't know if the Sanchise can quite carry them to a win, but they will keep it close.

Moneyline Dallas and Baltimore...and put the rest in a parlay. The Money Shot is gettin rich, bitch.

Tony B. said...

Saints/Over
Ravens/Under
Cowboys/Under
Chargers/Over

Rob said...

Saints/Over
Colts/Under
Vikings/Over
Jets/Over

-Lil' Strut

GMoney said...

Peyton Manning sucks in the playoffs, you can't argue with that.

-Well, I can counter it by saying that Joe Flacco sucks at everything.

Mr. Ace said...

No he doesn't, Joe Flacco is awesome at rocking a unibrow.

Anonymous said...

Saints Over
Indy Over
Cowboys Over
Chargers Over

Andrew

Mr. Ace said...

Cowboys just lost their D line coach, I would like to change my pick...

GMoney said...

No. If you are being serious, I hate you even more.

Anonymous said...

Arizona +7 under
Baltimore +6.5 under
Minnesota over
San Diego over

Hoffman

Anonymous said...

Chargers gonna win yea

Anonymous said...

Lil' Strut so for is 4-0, but G$ is 3-1..great start to the weekend.

--LWM