Monday, December 28, 2009

Teams Of The 2000's


A decade ends this week. Whatever. I'm having a hard time coming to grips that that Y2K scare is ten years old now. Where has the time gone? Anyway, this week, we are doing what every other blog is doing and comprising a list of bests and worsts of the past ten years. Obviously, this is going to be just my opinion and I am giving way more answers than you probably care about. But nevertheless, it's time to put a pretty bow on this past decade with my favorite parts of it. Today...My Most Loved and Hated Teams Of The 2000's!!!

LOVE!!!

10. 2004 Pistons - This sounds like sacrilege, but I liked this team AND they prevented Karl Malone from piggybacking a ring.
9. 2008-09 Blue Jackets - They helped me get into hockey and I'm glad that I did. Too bad that they are fucking horrendous this year.
8. 2001 Yankees - They didn't even win the title, but that team WAS America post-9/11.
7. The back-to-back Florida Gators - Strange that I loved Noah in college but now despise him unconditionally.
6. 2005 Redskins - Ah yes, the Mark Brunell Era. We beat Tampa on the road in the first round when 21 spit in Michael Pittman's face and got ejected. Fantastic.
5. 2006-07 RedHawks basketball - Doug Penno's buzzer-beating three to send us to the Dance was a moment I will never forget.
4. 2006-2007 Cavaliers - The Cavs may have been swept by a superior Spurs team, but the 48 point special that Bron put up on the Pistons in game 5 of the ECF was a performance for the ages.
3. 2009 Yankees - I didn't want to rate them too high just because it was the most recent title. But it was a special year.
2. 2007 Redskins - With the death of 21, they could have mailed it in. But the Skins rallied behind Joe Gibbs to win their final four games and make the playoffs. I have NEVER been more proud of a team.
1. 2003 RedHawks Football - This team was fucking awesome. In my opinion, this is the best non-BCS team ever. Yeah, that's right. I said it.

HATE!!!
10. 2007 Red Sox - Josh Beckett is such a douche. So are the other 24 guys on the team.
9. 2007 Bears - Rex Grossman and Lovie Smith made the Super Bowl...nuff said.
8. 2008 Akron Zips - Just a team full of assholes.
7. 2007-08 Celtics - I hate KG. I hate Paul Pierce and his fake injuries. I hate Bill Simmons for liking these dicks.
6. 2007 Indians - This was the year that they were competitive. No one liked these frauds.
5. 2007 Ohio State Basketball - Represented everything wrong with college basketball. A bunch of one year mercenaries.
4. 2000-2002 Marshall Football - Byron Leftwich made my life as a fan a living hell.
3. 2000-2009 Dallas Cowboys - They have not been good but deserved to be on this list.
2. 2002 Ohio State Football - The team that proved that it's cool to pay off the referees. It also made anOSU fans the most hated in the country.
1. 2004 Red Sox - Fucking assholes.

Well, there was that. Feel free to post some of your favorite memories of teams from this decade in the comments. I'm sure you Ohio State assholes won't let my slandering go.

17 comments:

Grumpy said...

If Ben had come back for his senior year, the RedHawks would have taken osu down in the shoe.

GMoney said...

Agreed. It would have been a bloodbath.

MUDawgfan said...

Best part about the 2003 Redhawk team. THEY ALWAYS COVERED. PERIOD.

Laying 49 to Buffalo? No problem.
Getting 3.5 from Northwestern? We'll beat them outright.

That team would be up 35 points at halftime on every team in the MAC. We'd come in for the first half, use our Diplomat plans at the concession stands and leave at halftime and go right to CJ's or Brickstreet.

Anonymous said...

A bunch of one year mercenaries? Stupid. Conley was supposed to be a 3-4 year player. He suddenly is a mercenary because he turned out to be sweet? The second best player on that team was a senior named Ron Lewis. Dumb hate on your part.

"Getting 3.5 from Northwestern? We'll beat them outright." That says all you need to know about the "greatness" of the 2003 Redhawk team.

--Drew

GMoney said...

Ummm, dipshit, I'm not playing the "supposed to" game. You had three freshmen use your school as a stepping stone. They weren't college basketball players. They treated it like an unpaid NBA internship. Greg Oden didn't even take classes during the winter quarter.

Anonymous said...

You mean spring quarter, dipshit. He wasn't just playing basketball from January to March. Conley and Oden actually have taken classes at OSU the last two summers too.

--Drew

GMoney said...

No, asshole, I know what I'm talking about. Oden took 6 hours during the Fall and that was it for the year. He did not take one class during the winter. Don't fuck with me on this one, I know this shit.

Dustin said...

Wouldn't Oden be ineligible if he didn't take winter classes? I think G$ is confusing the winter quarter with the spring quarter.

I'm surprised the '06 Tigers didn't make the cut. They took down "the greatest lineup Yankees history."

I'm not sure who "paid" the refs in 2002- Ohio State or Miami... if the game was called right it would have never gone into overtime.

Ohio State played Miami (OH) in 2005..wouldn't Ben have been graduated by then even if he had stayed as long as he could? No way that team would beat 2005 Ohio State.

I agree that your 2003 Miami (OH) team was good... but they got destroyed by Iowa that year. You can't even put them in top 5 non-BCS teams ever.

GMoney said...

Once you are eligible in the Fall, you are good to go for the rest of the basketball season. Bobby Knight talked about this during the Butler/X game (and how it's a joke).

Dude, I have inside knowledge on this. I know what I'm talking about.

Anonymous said...

Your "inside" knowledge is BS. He was even taking classes in the Spring, but then pulled out early which cost us a scholarship due to APR...which is why people were so pissed off at Koufos when the coaches made sure everyone knew the rules before that class.

Did your boy Bobby Knight talk whether there was a difference between schools with quarters and semesters?

--Drew

Anonymous said...

What a terrible fucking post. We all know you love the redskins, yankees, and miami, And hate ohio state and the red sox. No one fucking cares about miami's pointless teams and the yankees being "america's team". Pick some teams that might actually make sense in those categories.

Seal

GMoney said...

Obviously, this is going to be just my opinion and I am giving way more answers than you probably care about.
--I said this in the first paragraph. It was there for you to read as a disclaimer. It is not my fault that you are either blind, illiterate, or have your head up your ass.

Drew, maybe he did take classes in the Spring. But he did not take classes in the winter. I am 100% positive on this. This info comes from the same place that informed me that Cris Carter's son failed a gym class.

Grumpy said...

I have never known G$ to be wrong about anything. If he says he has "inside info", take it to the bank.

Mr. Ace said...

Fucktards. Toledo Rockets circa 2000= AWESOME! Going into Happy Valley and rolling?!?!?!? Too bad we lost a fluke of a game to WMU or else we would be the best team ever.

Can the Spurs get some love?

I love watching you queers argue about your inside information...you realize you are both sucking the same guy off for shitty information right?

Anonymous said...

Only 2 Ohio St. teams on the list? I think you are losing your edge, G$. I would have thought they would have occupied spots 1-10. Ron Lewis was the shit.

I hope you guys don't miss me too much on here, because I definitely don't miss Dustin's dipshit posts.

-Damman

Anonymous said...

A Division 1 basketball player who is only planning on spending one year in school really doesn't have to do anything class-wise. He takes the bare minimum to remain full-time fall quarter. Winter quarter, when basketball is in full swing, players on any D1 team barely take any classes, and the ones they do take are jokes(especially if they are a freshman). The worst part is they can then go through the entire NCAA tournament even though they really aren't even students anymore in the spring. G$ is right, the one-and-done thing is a joke, as far as academics go. That 06-07 anOSU team was touted as a rent-a-title from the beginning...the best part was that they lost to Florida in the title game. (3 months after getting stomped by them in football!)

Talk all you want about how great that team was. Just don't try to say it was anything more than perfect timing with the one-and-done rule.

-CB

Anonymous said...

you have a nice site. thanks for sharing this site. keep it up. you can also earn money from here

http://hutmoney.blogspot.com