Tuesday, October 06, 2009

The Juice Is Squeezed


Raise your hands if you suck!!!

Real quick post on this and I'm seeking help from my readers. Ron Zook has officially (and finally) benched Juice Williams and has named Eddie McGee his starting QB for the rest of the season (it won't matter). Like I said, it's about fucking time. The only things that Juice will have accomplished at Illinois will be:
-being the QB of the worst BCS conference team to play in a BCS bowl
-getting Ron Zook fired

So my question is this because I will admit that my knowledge of the Big Ten is limited (I prefer not to waste my time)...is Juice Williams the most overrated player in the conference over the past decade-plus? Do you remember all the hype around him 4 years ago? Yeah, hype gets coaches fired. So is he? I can't really think of anyone else that rivals his shittiness.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

He sure is up there.

Some other really overrated players...

Derrick Williams, Curtis Painter and P.J. Hill.

--Drew

GMoney said...

I thought about Hill for awhile but D. Williams ended up being a very solid player.

No one thought ever thought that Painter was worth a shit.

Grumpy said...

Every time I watched this guy I couldn't understand the hype. He just plain sucked. I saw Zook play some great DB at Miami, but he sure can't coach.

Nate B. said...

Todd Boeckman, thanks to Mel Kiper

Anonymous said...

After Painter's Junior season, Kiper had him as # 10 overall on his big board. I realize Kiper's a douche...but people for some reason kept hyping him up as some stud when I always thought he sucked.

I may have been a bit too harsh on Williams. He had a really solid Senior season, but he was never what he was hyped up to be. He was the # 1 recruit in the country and was awesome as a freshman. He then had two touchdowns as a sophomore and three touchdowns as a junior...yet the PSU faithful kept acting like he was Percy Harvin.

--Drew

Anonymous said...

I would agree with Nate. Also, Alex Boone comes to mind. The #1 O-lineman in the country coming out of high school, and he ended up being a huge flop.

-Lil' Strut

Jeff said...

You could throw Justin Zwick in here too.

GMoney said...

Good calls on Zwick and Boone.

Nate B. said...

Jake Christensen from Iowa also comes to mind. Top 5 QB prospect, now backing up Stanzi.

Anonymous said...

Zwick, Boone and Christensen are good if the criteria is recruiting busts based on their ranking/pub...Mike D'Andrea would be huge on that list as well.

I thought he was going more on the "did something early on in his career to get a crazy undeserved borderline superstar label". That's why I went with Williams, Painter and Hill.

--Drew