Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Post #900 Introduces My New Best Friend


Big day today, everybody. For this great site is celebrating it's 900th post!!! Fortunately, I had the greatest thing ever happen to me yesterday. I am literally beaming right now (whatever that means). And once you find out what it is, you will realize that I have extremely low standards for what makes me happy.

Now, my alma mater has not given me much to smile about over--well--it's been a long ass time. The hockey team broke my heart in the Frozen Four final this Spring. The basketball team has been good but not great and has fallen short of my always lofty expectations. I don't even want to talk about the football team who finally scored this past weekend (against Western Michigan's backups). It's been rough. But that has all changed. I had an email in my inbox yesterday that simply stated the greatest phrase one could possibly read:

Charlie Coles has accepted your friend request on Facebook.

HELLS FUCKING YEAH!!! Charlie and I are dawgz now!!! I want to go back in time and make him my best man at my wedding. I want him to plan my bachelor party. I want him to be more than just friends!!!

Anyway, I was checking out Coach Coles' little corner of Facebook yesterday and some of his status updates just cracked me up. Here are a few of my favorites...

Great 1st team workout today!--I love the use of the exclamation point...really tells me how great that workout actually was.

Good luck to our football team tomorrow as they invade the land of the BLUE turf!!!--Again, more exclamation points. Charlie wants you to make SURE that you know that Boise has BLUE turf. And when our football team plays on the road, "invade" would be the last word to describe the trip.

We finished off the second week of workouts STRONG!--Charlie would not have put strong in all caps if we didn't have the baddest ass basketball team of all time. Coles doesn't roll that way. And finally...

We took another step to becoming CHAMPIONS today!--He doesn't get into specifics, but I assume that this means that the RedHawks will be cutting down the nets while listening to One Shining Moment in early April this year.

Charlie Coles and G$...together again at last. He taught the first ever class that I took in college (Basketball Theory) and now he contribues to post #900. What a CHAMPION!

5 comments:

Grumpy said...

Congrats on #900. Not to burst your bubble of euphoria, but since it was revealed on hawktalk, everybody is Charlie's friend, including me. So it's not like you're in exclusive company.

GMoney said...

You shut up! Don't ruin this for me! His pics are hilarious.

Anonymous said...

How did you get into a class like Basketball Theory as a freshman?

-Lil' Strut

Grumpy said...

Look at his Profile. He picked me as a friend before he picked you. So Bite Me.

Grumpy said...

I was wrong. He picked you first. Now my day is ruined. Why would Charlie do that?