Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Say It Ain't So, Big Ben


Uh oh. "Accused rapist" is not the title that you want attached to one of your favorite players in sports. In case you don't know my history, I played against (and beat) Roethlisberger's Findlay Trojans in high school and then went to the same university that he did. While I'm not a Steelers fan, I still root for the kid to do well. Needless to say, I'm a Big Ben fan. I always have been and, until this morning, I thought that I always would be. Now, obviously, we need more details about this situation than what we have, but---well---let's talk about this for a moment.

Call me a sick fuck, but rape has always been joked about here. No, not the serious and unfunny man/woman or Dut/newborn baby kind of rape, but more along the lines of "T.O. getting raped by a clown" or "Vick dishing out prison blowjobs". That is funny. This situation? Not so much.

Anyway, the first thing that struck me was how detailed that account of the evening was by the victim. Andrea McNulty (no relation to fictional character, Jimmy McNulty) remembers pretty much everything about that night. His room was dirty, what he was wearing, what was said, the inflection of his voice. I can't remember what I had for dinner two nights ago but she can remember specifics from over a year ago. But I suppose that if you're carrying around emotional baggage like this, you tend to not forget about it. Whether you believe this story or think that she just made up an elaborate lie, it is entirely up to you. I'm not really sure what side that I fall on here as my fanboy-ness still impacts my ideals.

What I question about this ordeal is that McNulty has absolutely no desire to pursue criminal charges. She only wants this to be resolved in civil court. Now it is starting to feel more and more like a gold digger trying to get paid, doesn't it? I mean, if her version of the story were true and she could prove it (doubtful in rape cases anyway), shouldn't there be some shred of police involvement? I don't know. I'm not a lawyer but this part of the story does seem fishy. What else seems fishy? The fact that ESPN completely ignored this and never reported on it. What a network! But back to the case, McNulty's personal history sort of leads us to believe that she is less than stable and that this may be nothing more than a cash grab. Which is why famous people should only bang/invite to their room other famous people.

People are going to compare this to what happened to Kobe now. There are a few differences here. Kobe's victim filed charges and had no desire to be bought out. This feels like it could be swept under the rug. But what will be interesting here is to see the media fallout because believe me, Al Sharpton is going to be watching. Will reporters be as hard on Ben as they were on Kobe? Will the fans turn on him even if charges are dropped like they did to Kobe? Will sponsors drop him? It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out just because of the subtle differences in the cases. I mean, Ben has no shot of going to prison over this but what will Der Fuhrer Goodell think?

And that is the rub here. And it's already begun on message boards. Let's say that there is hotel footage that proves that this woman was nowhere near his room on the night in question and everything is dropped. He is still going to be called a rapist everywhere he goes. It's part of our culture. Even if you are proven innocent, you are still guilty of something. Hell, I'm guilty of it in my remarks about Kobe and Ray Lewis. It's who we are.

My take on this is simple. It fucking sucks, as a fan of his, to hear about shit like this whether it's true or not. I mean, Ben has banged this and is still banging this, and now I'm supposed to believe that he threw his career away for this? She's not even "Henry County hot". I've watched enough legal shows in my life to know how to handle this. She wants money. She doesn't want him in jail. Give the woman what she asks for in exchange for saying that the story was not true. Put a fucking confidentiality clause in there. You don't want this to drag on. End the fucker now and get on with your life.

What the hell is going on with Big Ben following Super Bowl wins? First it was the bike and now this? Dude needs to just stay at home...unless that requires watching The T.O. Show in which self-inflicted clown rape is the only feasible option. I'm interested to hear what our wise commenting sage and diehard Stillers fan, Grumpy, has to say about this.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that really her in that picture? If it is, it would qualify her as the hottest Steelers fan so I'm sure their inbred fans would approve.

You refer to Big Ben as "the kid" when you are one whole year older than him?

I'm sure something happened here (although you're right about ESPN not reporting on it being strange, instead we get the all time dumbest idea "Fan Feast") and it will end up with Ben paying the broad off just to make it go away. I'm pretty sure Kobe ended up paying his victim as part of her dropping the charges.

-Damman

Grumpy said...

Needless to say, I am sick over this. I'm going with innocent until proven guilty for now. To many people, including Mrs. Grumpy, settling means you have something to hide and are therefor guilty of something. I think that for a person in Ben's position, settling is often the best option; get it over with and your name out of the headlines. My official position, in more detail, will be in my blog Thursday.

Anonymous said...

G$ and Grumpy...you are both dumb faggots.

*He didn't rape this horse.

*Why did she never file charges?

*G$ you are struck by the detail that she remembers after a year of coming up with this story? Here's an idea...go to your local Kwiki Mart...buy a Penthouse...read the Penthouse Forum section. Yeah...nobody can make up fictional details. They should let her do a "Big Ben Taste Test" of his cum and see if she can remember that detail too.

*His lawyer's comment that, "Ben has never raped anyone, especially this woman" made me laugh my ass off.

*You don't settle with this BS. It's not even a case...just like when they did the swab test on Kobe's bitch and found TWO different sets of cum in her, which meant she fucked two dudes in 24 hours.

*Dirk Nowitzki says this is a crazy bitch...and he would know.

*This blog sucked...almost makes me think you are just upset that all of those times you mastebated while laying on your bed looking up at the Big Ben fat head on your ceiling, you always thought he would end up being yours.

--Drew

GMoney said...

Wow, Drew, you sound like someone who does a lot of raping yourself. Little boys only, I hope.

Yeah, give her some money (which I'm sure the Rooney family will pay) and get her to claim it was all a lie. That's how America works.

Mr. Ace said...

I always knew that I hated Roethlisdoucher for a good reason. He's a fucking rapist. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it was true...maybe not quite down to the detail that McNulty gives though. Roethlisbum may be the biggest booze hound in the NFL but his play, or his teams play, has made it a non-issue. Again, wouldn't be surprised if drunken Big Ben tried to ram his dick into some random coed. I hope they cut off his testicles.

GMoney said...

Not that I condone it, but I would guess that at least 80% of NFL players have gotten laid and it wasn't 100% consensual.

Donovan McNabb still sucks.

Tony B. said...

In other words, 80% of the time rape works every time.