Thursday, May 21, 2009
I didn't actually think that the Cavaliers would go 16-0 in the playoffs, but I did think that they would win all of their home games. Man, that loss fucking smarts. Sonofabitch bastard. A few thoughts since the game is fresh on my mind.
1. Sure, LBJ hung 49 tonight but it wasn't a great game for The King. The offense of him holding onto the ball until there are 5 seconds left on the shot clock is fucking terrible. That needs to stop immediately. They had no flow and no rhythm in the halfcourt. Disgusting really. But I guess he had no choice because...
2. Delonte and Mo need to step up. Bad games for both of those two in matchups that they should dominate. You have got to hit those open jumpers and they didn't tonight. I'm a little concerned about Mo because he's been skittish thus far throughout the postseason. They need to be consistent. Less than 40% from the field isn't going to cut it.
3. The defense in the first half was brilliant. The key to beating Orlando is to let Howard get his and defend the perimeter. For some reason, they fucking forgot about that in the second and allowed Hedo and Shard to go nuts. They just looked so god damn slow out there. With that said...
4. For God's sake, why is Andy guarding Lewis on the last possession!!! What the fuck?
5. They settled for waaaaaay too many jumpers tonight. The Cavs have made a living at the free throw line and they barely got there at all in game 1. That has to change. Who gives a fuck if Howard is in the paint? The fucker is a fouling machine. Take it to the rack!
Ugh. The first tight playoff game for the Cavs and they couldn't get a stop when they needed it. Very frustrating. I'm not worried yet as I believe that Orlando will show up to game 2 just happy to have won one in Cleveland and the Cavs will beat them by double digits. But still. It should not have come down to that. The defense was absolutely putrid. Fuck. LeBron will not let that shit happen again. Time to regroup and put those fucks in their place.