Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Respect Is Gone


First of all, how about this fantastic picture!

Second, I think it's time to show some sympathy toward Joba Chamberlain. Sunday was Mother's Day. Last week, Joba's mannish-mother was arrested for selling meth to an underage cop in the vast drug-fueled wasteland of the Nebraska plains. How do you think he celebrated Mother's Day? Does he call the county pen? Did his mom ask him to send a couple of cartons of Lucky Strikes? Did she want some funds so that Brooks could restock the library? Was she begging her son to get her out because of Boggs and the "sisters" rape-y ways? It couldn't have been a good day for young Joba. So let's all sit back and wish Joba the best in his personal life...

Anyway, and I'm sure that most of you saw the highlights, Joba had an incident on the mound on Sunday afternoon. He did his normal by giving up multiple runs in the first inning. This culminated with a 3 run homer given up to the great Aubrey Huff. Now Huff and Chamberlain apparently have a history. Last September, Joba struck him out in the 8th inning of a one run game. Keep in mind, the Yankees were struggling to get into playoff contention at that time so every win was big. He struck Huff out because everyone strikes Huff out and did his customary big fist pump. It's trademark Joba. Well, fast forward to Mother's Day after the Huff home run.

Huff, who likes to act pretty tough considering that he has a woman's first name, rounded first while staring at the Yankees pitcher and gave his own version of Joba's fist pump. How cute, tough guy. When he scored, HE DID THE SAME FUCKING THING. Now, if I'm Joba, I throw at that faggot's fucking head the next time up. There's a BIG difference between a September game in the 8th inning and a May game in the first. This was completely classless. Can Joba tone it down? Maybe, but it's who he is and he gets pumped up. I wouldn't like him as much as if he wasn't so emotional. There was no retaliation in the game because Joe Girardi is a pussy but believe me, it is coming. Huff will be wearing one in the ribs at some point this season.

What really pissed me off was watching Baseball Tonight and seeing Peter Gammons piss away any credibility that he had left with me. And the Hall of Famer has lost a lot of my respect over the past few years just because he doesn't even try to hide his love for the Red Sox anymore. It's ridiculous. Ravech asks him his opinion on the Huff bullshit and his reply was something along the lines of, "well, that's what happens when you throw at guy's heads". Really? Are you serious? Aren't you supposed to be the best baseball reporter on the planet and you want to throw around retarded shit like this? Then, on a follow up, Gammons stated that "maybe this will get him to tone it down a bit on the mound". You have got to be fucking kidding me. So it's Joba's fault that a Baltimore Oriole took it upon himself to act like an asshole?

I'm done with Peter Gammons and his biased and ignorant ways. I used to say that if I owned a team, I would hire him as the GM immediately. Not anymore. It appears that that aneurysm that he fought through two years ago turned him into a vaginal secretion. Did he have a problem when Jose Lima was being flamboyant with his Lima Time horse shit? How about Carlos Perez? And God forbid I have never heard him rip on Jonathan Papelbon for being the biggest douchebag on the planet. If you're going to be a biased shithead, at least be an equal opportunity biased shithead. Fuck you, Peter. Get over yourself. You're down with Steve Phillips these days when it comes to baseball reporting. Buster Olney, Tim Kurkjian, and Chris Singleton are far more enjoyable as analysts anyway.

Why don't you go put out another CD that no one will buy, ya dick.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

How dare you talk shit about Peter Gammons. He picks the Indians to go to the World Series every year.

Joba has a rep for acting like a douchebag on the mound (i.e. throwing at people and showing hitters up) so he shouldn't be shocked when he gets some of it thrown back at him. He doesn't just do it September, I remember him doing it to the Indians last April.

I agree with you on Papelbon getting a free pass. I don't get why no one ever says anything about his antics, but that doesn't excuse what Joba does. Maybe it's because Papelbon has that very intimidating stare into the hitter.

-Damman

GMoney said...

1. He only throws at Kevin Youkilis and last I checked, that was awesome.

2. I don't really see him showing up hitters. He doesn't stare them down after K'ing them. CC does the same kind of stuff but no one has ever said that his antics were uncalled for.

Fuck Peter Gammons. That guy picked Bobby Crosby to win the MVP 4-5 years ago...he clearly isn't as smart as you think.

John said...

G$, my question is why are you still watching baseball tonight on ESPN? MLB Network is the shit, they are a million times better than ESPN. My advice is turn off ESPN and start watching MLB Network.

Upstate Underdog said...

What John said. MLB Net kicks ass.

Mr. Ace said...

Bobby Jenks would have thrown at that bitch. And if he didn't Ozzie would throw his ass down in the minors.

Dustin said...

I am jealous because I don't get mlb network! I'm stuck with peter gammons!! Joba would be better off as the set up man and the closer in waiting.

Dustin said...

Mr ace- I thought baseball was dead to you?

GMoney said...

I get MLB Network and I do enjoy it. But I don't get in my room so it's BBTN for me before I fall asleep...naked of course.

Upstate Underdog said...

G$, start sleeping on the couch. Problem solved, plus once you are married you'll probably be sleeping on the couch a lot anyway.

Tony B. said...

The MLB Network is very good, but with moments like this, I'm not 100% sure it's overtaken BBTN just yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZM0Z-YJ5FE

Anonymous said...

First off, Leave my boy Lima Time out of this.......not everybody has had the pleasure of pitching in the MLB, the Mexican League, the Korean League, and the Independent League..TWICE :)

I couldn't agree more on the Gammons thing......his love for the Red Sox, made me stop listening to him in '05.

And again dead on about Papelbon...one, his name is Jonathan (which you have so eleguently put...what adult male still calls himself Jonathan...fag)..and not more than three hours after this jack-off says Joba deserves it, "Paps", strikes out the side int he 9th, and pumps his fist, in a masterbating motion way, and he get the free pass......

I hope and pray that on a road trip in the very near future, a taxi cab driver gets T-boned with "Paps", "Youk" and Pedroia in it, ending thier career...not necessarily killing them, but just ending thier careers.

I am not going to say I like Joba, but he gets a raw deal here....

--LWM