Tuesday, May 05, 2009

MVP!!!


It was a given anyway, but now it's official: LeBron James is the NBA MVP. He earned it. Hell, he should have won it the previous three seasons. Apparently, the voters change what the most "valuable" player in the league means. Sometimes it's the best player on the best team and sometimes it's the scrawny white guy that has a lot of assists. I will never understand it but they finally got it right this time.

I guess that I am a little upset that it wasn't unanimous. I mean, 2 people voted for Kobe and 7 for D-Wade, and in the grand scheme of things, who really cares. So I won't bitch and moan about the 9 blind guys that vote for this award. Instead, I'll just let Danny Ferry finish up this blurb in a way that is pretty much the most gay thing that I've ever read:

"It takes a lot of sweat," said Cleveland general manager Danny Ferry. "I'm sure he did a lot of sweating right here. I've been fortunate enough to watch him sweat the past four years when no one else was around. I just want to acknowledge that and give it a round of applause."

Note to self: by no means do we ever want Danny Ferry to watch us sweat for four straight years. What a strange way to praise your player. But at least he killed the Cavs from 1991-2003. Way to go, Danny!

A few more things:
Joba's mom - Yeah, she apparently likes to sell meth to undercover cops. You know, we all have heard about Joba's dad being in a wheelchair but I don't think that I've ever heard anything about his mom. Her mugshot reminds of Throw Momma From The Train though. That Anne Murray...was a sexy little minx she was. With his DUI and drug-dealing mother, Joba is having one hell of a year. Maybe Mama Joba is just trying to take some pressure off of A-Rod??? What a team player!

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR REBA/BUKE!!! - I was told on Saturday night that if he wins this hottest bartender contest (you get 1,000 bucks and a trip for two to Vegas), that I'm going with him. So get your ass to the polls and help us win, dammit! This can only be good for you. 1.) This may mean a day or two in which I don't post due to traveling West. And 2.) this would lead to a post filled with Vegas stories and if you've ever been around our "candidate", anything goes when alcohol and gambling are involved. SO VOTE FOR REBA, DAMMIT, AND HELP SEND A QUEER BLOGGER TO LAS VEGAS! You can vote every hour. The first round polls close today at noon so let's stuff the ballot tighter than Mr. Ace's anus. You should vote every hour. He is the LeBron James/Joba's mom of Columbus area bartenders!!!

I've got something cooking for tomorrow so forgive me for the abbreviated post. Royalty deserves to be recognized though, dammit.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That MVP vote was bull-shit.

Iverson should have won.

--Drew

GMoney said...

He and Kwame Brown split too many votes.

Grumpy said...

I'm voting early and often. I just want blog posts about you and Vegas.

GMoney said...

Looks like they have already eliminated a few of the contestants. Our guy is in the top ten and in a few hours (hopefully) the top 5.

Tony B. said...

I don't know, the guy in the Bears hat and rapist 'stache looks pretty hot too...

Alright, I'm voting for Reba b/c the West Elementary School bond just cannot be broken.

Mr. Ace said...

Do it for backyard baseball

Upstate Underdog said...

If your boy wins I want a souvenir from Vegas, and not a shitty souvernir like AIDS or swine flu.

Also, if you do go go to In-N-Out burger.

GMoney said...

Ace, you are familiar with backyard baseball??? You just moved up a peg or two in my book.

Dustin said...

With the exception of fights, or line shots off the face or balls, I believe ace is the only person to ever get injured playing backyard baseball! What a great game that was...

GMoney said...

UPDATE!!! Ol' Bukey dominated round one and won the first round by a landslide!

YES WE CAN!!!