Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Site News: Nervous


Allow me to be serious today, won't you? By the way, this is NOT some stupid ass April Fool's Day joke. I'm being as honest as I possibly can today.

No one wants to be fired. If you know that things aren't working out, you would rather be the one that decides when to end it. You don't want to be shown the door before you are ready to go. Well, yesterday that almost happened. By the way, I am not talking about my job (which is safe). I am talking about this blog...which almost went bye-bye yesterday.

I get back from lunch yesterday and do my usual scouring of a few blogs before I actually buckle down and do some work. The problem was that all blogs were getting crushed by the office firewall. All of them. Even my own! It seemed as though the tech geeks had finally shut down the only reason that I show up to work 2-3 days per week. Eventually, probably about an hour later, I could access everything again. So maybe they were just messing with the settings or something. I don't know and I don't care but I was glad to have my site accessible again. Because if I have to kill time everyday by reading awful articles by Jason Whitlock and Ken Rosenthal, I will kill myself.

So I feel like I should at least come clean on something. Yes, I have been planning an eventual walk-away from blogging. I'm not going to do this forever. I even discussed this with commenter Dut about a month ago. This shit ain't easy. It's going to happen. But it's not something to worry about now. I have a tentative plan for how and why I'm going to end this, but it's a ways away. The key is that I want to go out on my own terms. I don't want to be "fired" from blogging because if what happened at the office yesterday ever becomes permanent, that's it. It's done. Finished. If I can't have access to one of my passions until dark every night, then this thing is going the way of Old Yeller.

Like I said before, I'm not too concerned about the firewall, but it will be in the back of my mind. And in all honesty, I think I owe it to you diehard readers. This isn't meant to be some sob story in which you should feel bad for me because why would you care if a guy that wastes half of his day at work can't waste it anymore? I'm just letting you know what the future will hold and the outside circumstances that effect this site.

*************************************************

Let's end the day on a random note, shall we. On Sunday afternoon, the redheaded roommate was wasted but quite concise with his thoughts. He kept saying things like, "Woods is going to make this putt" and "that 60 Minutes thing on James looks good". And I kept asking him why he was talking like that. His response was that you never hear those guys referenced by their last names and that he's going to try and make it popular.

So I bit. I played this game for about an hour of trying to figure out guys that are so well-known by their first names that when you hear only their last name, it takes you a few seconds to figure out who they are talking about. Here's what we came up with:
-Phelps (Digger)
-O'Neal (Shaq obviously)
-Bryant (Rapist)
-Woods
-James
-Suzuki (Ichiro)
-Rousimoff (Andre The Giant)
and our favorite...
-MING!

If you walked up to a sports fan and just said, "Ming played one hell of a game tonight", it would take them 5 minutes to figure out who you were talking about. I recommend doing this. It will annoy everyone you know and isn't that what life is really all about? These foreigners want to be known by their first names...fuck 'em. This is America, pal. Over here, your name is Suzuki and you are great at math. Deal with it.

12 comments:

Dustin said...

You will never quit! You may post less, but you'll never give it up!

At my work, not only is there a firewall, but there is some asshole that can tap into your computer at any time and watch what you're doing. That's what they tell me anyway. How would you like to have that in the back of your mind while you're trying to "work"!

GMoney said...

I would hate that very much, thank you.

I will never "post less". If I can't do it everyday, I'm not going to keep it going. Blogs that don't update daily piss me off.

Boners!

Tony B. said...

Don't make the same mistake as Jordan (walking away in his prime.) The Rockets have two championships because Jordan decided to quit basketball- and nobody is happy about that.

Dustin said...

Yeah g$, If you walk away like Jordan- ace will win championships he doesn't deserve!

GMoney said...

You guys are right...I AM the Michael Jordan of blogging.

Or perhaps MJ was the G$ of basketball. Either analogy seems appropriate.

Mr. Ace said...

Wow, quit being a fucking pussy. I don't get to blog during the day but you don't see me crying like a school girl bitch. You are getting all flaccid and it is really pissing me off. You just aren't the same. Maybe it is time for you to hang it up.

GMoney said...

Hey, fuckstick, don't ever compare me to you. You don't blog everyday. You, just yesterday, cried about taking your dog to the vet and not getting any sleep.

I'm still hitting in the 90's with my blogging fastball. It's just that I won't be pitching forever. Actually, that's a pretty good analogy.

Mr. Ace said...

Thats a pretty gay analogy.

rstiles said...

Why quit???....what the fuck!?!?!?!

Grumpy said...

Hey man, you can't quit. You're my reason for getting out of bed in the morning. Well, you and Dunkin' Donuts.

GMoney said...

Fellas, I'm not going anywhere for awhile. But I'm like a pet...I'm not going to be around forever.

Anonymous said...

After reading your cronies suck your cock. I think I will actually comment on the latter half of your post.

Matsuska
George (not Jeff)
Johnson (the Laker)

Hoffman