Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Home Sweet Home


Before I gush over the Cavaliers (again), how underrated of a song is Home Sweet Home by Motley Crue? What a great tune...best ballad of all time. Yeah, I said it. And it actually has a deeper meaning since someone is going to have to beat the Cavs at least once at The Q in order to win the NBA title this Summer.

In other words...it ain't going to happen.

LeBron and Company completed their goal tonight in Indy and have solidified the best record in the NBA (66-15 with one to play...wow). What an amazing year it has been. Hell, in my prediction post before the season, I had them at #3 in the East behind the Pistons. Boy, was I fucking stupid. I failed to recognize a few very important things:
-Danny Ferry knows what he's doing
-Mo Williams is an elite point guard
-They play the best defense in the league
-LeBron James is the best player on the planet

How did I miss all of that anyway? OK, while I do not claim the Cavaliers as my favorite team, I feel like I get more defensive and protective about them than I do the Yankees or Redskins. Why? It bothers me when people say that they don't like LeBron or hate Varejao or think that Mike Brown sucks. If you think that Kobe or D-Wade is better than LeBron, then you should just quit life. Every single team would love to have Andy getting every loose ball on the floor. Do you remember Mike Brown as a rookie coach? It was awful. But not more than 3 times in 81 games this year did I bitch about his coaching. I'm sorry. I'm going to stand up for my guys.

So needless to say, I'm proud of my team and I can't wait for the playoffs to start. I don't want to get ahead of myself here, but I really do believe that the Cavs could go something like 16-3 on their way to a title. And I know that there are a few Cleveland fans out there that have a far greater connection to the Browns and Indians than they do the Cavs and are a little unsure if they want the Cavaliers to finally end the drought in Cleveland. Think of it this way, look what happened in the loser city of Boston after the Pats beat the Rams in 2001. It sort of started a massive windfall of championships for that shitty city. Maybe LeBron can indirectly bring the other Cleveland teams some good fortune, too. Don't be afraid. It will be OK.

And to think, just 6 long months ago I gave Our King a high-five. Obviously, our connection equals basketball glory. So where's my money at?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That one team that beat Cleveland in Cleveland was the Lakers....and they punked them that game.

They definitely could do it again.

--Drew

GMoney said...

Sure, it's possible, but I doubt it. One thing I do know is that the Lakers and Cavs are a lock for the Finals.

Mr. Ace said...

The trophy is already on its way to San Antonio. Timmy D won't let me down.

Irishman said...

If you don't claim the Cavs as your favorite team? Then who is?

Good Luck when Detroit knocks you guys out. and then All Cav fans can Quit Life!!

GMoney said...

I will always be a Redskins fan first.

The Pistons? That's pretty funny.

Irishman said...

I thought you were talking about you secrectly like another NBA team by the sounds of it.