Wednesday, March 18, 2009

It Goes Through The Q


You never want to jinx it, but I'm doing it anyway. Eventhough Wally Szczerbiak could have potentially blown out his knee last night and the pessimistic Cleveland fans will hate me for saying this, but I don't care. I'm ready to call it.

The Cavaliers are getting homecourt advantage throughout the Eastern Conference playoffs. Obviously, it isn't over yet and there is still a month-plus left in the season and anything can happen, but that doesn't matter to me. I've watched enough this year and I can tell when it's over. The race for #1 is over.

There are 15 games left in the season. The Cavs play 7 of the next 8 at home. The Cavs are 30-1 at home this season. The Cavs are up 4 games in the loss column over the Celtics. It isn't hard to figure out that I'm not really making a huge leap of faith here. And using all of these delicious facts, and I said this a few weeks ago, the Cavaliers will roll through the East. They aren't losing at home. Period. Oh yeah, and they have a certain best athlete in the world (that's right) who has refused to let his team lose all season.

Now it all boils down to outplaying the Lakers over the next month and getting homecourt for the entire postseason. If they can accomplish that, get ready to finally be a winner, Cleveland fans.

3 comments:

J Beanie said...

When you have the best player in the league take two risky/questionable three's with the game so close and drills both of them, then at the line for the game-clinching free throw and tells the crowd to get loud, yeah, they aren't going to lose at home. We need the Lakers to lose a few more so we can have home court in the Finals too.

Jeff said...

Who calls 3 seconds in the nba?

GMoney said...

Good officials! Howard is a cheat!