Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Defining Inspiration


Tim Tebow's legendary "Promise" speech has officially morphed into the Gators' slogan. For Florida has now immortalized those tear-soaked words outside the front entrance to the new football facility at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.

Don't get me wrong, I love Tim Tebow. My Tebowner will never be as huge as Thom Brenneman's, but I love the kid. And yet this seems like a bit much to me. Go ahead, read it. I can wait. The first paragraph reads like a fucking suicide note penned by some gothic 15 year old queermo.

But it's the last paragraph that gets me. It inspires me to be all the blogger that I can be on a daily basis. In fact, I'm taping that fucking quote up next to my computer at work and at home. And that "God Bless" closer...almost made me bust a nut.

I feel like running through a brick wall right now...or sucker-punching some guy that is much bigger than me and then running away...or taking a 3 hour nap. Tim Tebow, you are one excellent motivator. I think I'm going to cry.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tim "the Tool" Tebow....his football career ends next January...that's my promise.

Anonymous said...

You are faggot!

--The Sheik

dAndy ManCandy said...

Teeeeeeeeeeeeeebow! I don't necessarily like the whole Christian schtick he puts on everything, but as far as being entertaining to watch on the field he kicks ass.

GMoney said...

I promise you all...I am in love with Tim Tebow.

dAndy ManCandy said...

Does he know?