Thursday, February 05, 2009

My Wish Has Been Granted


I've always been a big sports talk radio guy. I don't call in to the shows because that would be incredibly pathetic (coughDustincough), but I like to listen. How else do you think that I stay ahead of the times and continue to crank out relevant blog topics? That's a joke by the way.

Anyway, in Columbus, we used to have only one 24 hour sports talk station, that being 1460 AM The Fan. It generally carried ESPN programming with a few local shows mixed in and it was a pretty good listen. The one extremely shitty problem with the station was that at 5:15 every night, they would turn their power WAAAAAAAAAAAAY down. I probably live less than 10 miles away from the station and I couldn't pick it up at all after dark. It was bullshit. How do you expect to get sponsors to give you money when no one can hear your broadcast for almost 12 hours each day?

But that has recently changed. Almost two weeks ago, 1460 AM made the move to 97.1 FM and the results have been boner-inducing. Instead of a constant static-y signal, we get HD radio broadcasts daily (The Torg sounds even drunker than usual and Spielman sounds even dumber!) and you can listen to the station from up to 100 miles outside of Columbus. Fantastic! I needed this. I'm too old to listen to regular, you know, music radio eventhough the local 90's alternative station is awesome. Thank you, The Fan, for this welcomed gift.

Now if we could just have Bob Juniper from 3-C Body Shop murdered, I would be a happy man. That guy sucks a fatter cock than Clay Aiken. If I have to hear that idiot rap about car repairs again, I'm going on a multi-state murder spree.

I probably should have prefaced this by saying that unless you live in central Ohio, you can take this post off. Fuck it, if you make this site a daily stop, you aren't busy anyway.

7 comments:

Mr. Ace said...

fag

GMoney said...

Pay attention, queerbate, you're moving down here soon...

Dustin said...

The 3 c body shop guy has a new song that's not rap... But I forgot what its called. And I actually liked the 50 cent rap he did!!!

GMoney said...

Dustin, just stop. I can't even look at you anymore. That guy is worse than you and you are the worst.

Mr. Ace, unfortunately, there are no stations down here that play 3rd Bass. I've checked.

Mr. Ace said...

Looks like I have found my niche as a DJ then. Nothing but 3rd Bass.

Anonymous said...

I read about this and it is great news. I hate the drive down to Columbus for sporting events and all you can get is shitty music stations until you are damn near the outerbelt. You are right about Chris Speilman, that guy is a moron.

-Lil' Strut

sweetbob said...

I ran across the new station randomly about a week ago. I didn't recognize Torg and the Common Man, 'cause they sounded weird. Ricordati sounds like a bigger pussy in digital FM and Torg definitely sounds like he's chugging some Molson before the show.