Wednesday, January 21, 2009

You're The Best Around


Nothing's ever gonna keep you down!

Congratulations go out to Miami University men's basketball coach (and my favorite person ever), Charlie Coles, for becoming Miami's all-time leader in victories! 217 wins and counting for one of the most charismatic people in all of college sports. The guy does everything the right way by emphasizing defense and fundamentals first.

In his normal self-deprecating style (after win #216 on Saturday), Charlie said something along the lines of, "I'm like the running back that ran for 100 yards but needed 100 carries to get there." That makes very little sense but is awesome in every aspect. I can't think of anyone that better represents my alma mater. Charlie is a true class act.

Congrats again, Coach Coles! Now get this team back into the NCAA tournament where we belong.

5 comments:

Grumpy said...

I love Coach Coles too, but 217 wins divided by 13 seasons is 16.7 wins a season. That means his average record is 16-13 per season, not exactly overwhelming.

GMoney said...

With the schedule that he plays, it ain't bad either.

Anonymous said...

No dickhead, it is bad. 13 years to get to 217, and hasnt been offered a better coaching position? terrible...

GMoney said...

Identify yourself so we can all laugh at how little you know about college hoops. Come on, be a man. I'm not going to begin my argument until I know who I'm dealing with.

Stokke said...

To be fair it's not awful when you can only recruit white farm boys who are more injury prone then....something that's really injury prone.

Take that Bramos