Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The LeBomb James


If you've been reading this site for awhile, you may remember my ridiculously disgusting attempt at this in 2007. OK. So during the Cavs run to the Finals that summer, I had heard rumblings that there was a shot that was invented called a "LeBomb James". The only problem was that no one that I knew had any idea what it was or what was in it. During game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals when Boobie Gibson was sending the Pistons home with 3 after 3 after Rasheed Wallace ejection, I was fucking rocked.

Sensing the impending conference championship (and opportunity to get swept by the Spurs), I approached the subject with the roommate, who was sitting next to me at the bar where sometimes there is human shit on the floor, fending off my slurred speech featuring spittle. It was something along the lines of, "adshg vaft dude, we've got to come up with some sort of Cavs shot difahbvandtgf."

The first thought was since the Cavaliers' colors are wine and gold, we should combine the two. I asked the bartender for a shot with half Merlot and half Goldschlager. Thankfully, that bar does not have wine because I would have projectile vomited all over that dump. I think that we ended up just doing a shot of JAMESon in celebration.

But worry no more. Over the weekend, I was watching LeBron and the Cavs kill Kosta Koufos's Jazz at said bar. I was told on Saturday night exactly what constitutes a LeBomb James:

Crown Royal
Grenadine
Splash of Red Bull
Packet of sugar

You do the shot. You open the packet of sugar and dump it in your hands. You throw the sugar in the air. Brilliant. I now know what I'm puking off of this June when the Cavs win the NBA title. LeBomb James, bitch.

With today and yesterday's posts, I'm beginning to think that this blog may need an intervention.

7 comments:

J Beanie said...

Hell yeah. I love it. I'm doing one this weekend. Thanks

Tony B. said...

Warriors fans could've used this knowledge after LeBron iced them on Friday night. That was a great game, by the way.

Anonymous said...

That is pretty brilliant.

--Drew

GMoney said...

...says the guy that just finished sucking off Rick Nash.

Mac G said...

Sounds Awful to drink.

Anonymous said...

We sell the LeBomb James where I work as well and we go 1/2 shot jameson+1/2 shot crown(james+king) dropped in a glass w cran and red bull(wine colored like the jerseys)

Anonymous said...

I live in Cleveland and we do LeBombs all the time. But the bartenders at the local bars substitute red bull with sprite, it is much tastier.