Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Your G$FL Champion Is...


...not G$. My Monday night magic finally wore off and I have to settle on 2nd place. Your 2008 G$FL is Damman (pictured with his Latin lothario husband) and he had a pretty dominating performance in the Super Bowl with a 75-62 win over me. Congratulations, sir, on your first title. Welcome to the club of champions.

We were talking on Saturday night about our matchup and we both decided that as long as the winner put up a big number, we could live with whatever the outcome would be. Well, I can live with it. Usually, the benchmark for a win in my league is 60 points. I hit that and didn't come close. And no, the decision to bench Chris Johnson and start Darren McFadden did not matter. For what it's worth, I still think it was the right decision as D-Mac had more total yards.

Ironically, in round one, had Warrick Dunn had one more yard against the Panthers, Damman is out. Last week, had Brian Westbrook not got stopped by the Browns at the one inch line, he's done (and I would have SMOKED that fucker, Drew, in the championship). But those are the breaks. So congratulations, D, on your championship. You will get your money whenever I run into you again (probably won't be this week since I'm only back in Naptown on Christmas Eve).

But all hope is not lost for me because I've got another Super Bowl coming this weekend. Two Super Bowls in one year, eh? Yeah, I know how to play fantasy football a little bit.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it was a somewhat dominating performance this weekend. But after squeaking by in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs, I had a feeling it was meant to be. You put up a decent fight, but the outcome was never really in doubt. Couple this win with my dominating performance over GSaul's weak squad in my other league's Super Bowl, then I would say I had a pretty fair fantasy season.

Maybe next year you should hire me to do a fantasy preview to impart my vast knowledge of fantasy football to readers of The Money Shot. I would suggest you hire me quickly because Matthew Berry is rumored to be leaving ESPN and they have already contacted my agent.

-Damman

GMoney said...

I would hire you but your tendency to make out with Mexican dudes in bow ties might freak everyone out. And the job would most certainly not pay.

J Beanie said...

I didn't know Peyton Manning was in your fantasy league and he ordered an Asian trany to be his wife. Strange.

GMoney said...

It's a strange league indeed, Beanie. If I ever ask you to join, you would probably be better off declining.

Upstate Underdog said...

that picture will haunt my dreams

Anonymous said...

I wish I could see this picture. For some reason it will not show up on my work computer. Maybe I am better off not seeing it.

-Damman

Anonymous said...

I wish I could see this picture. For some reason it will not show up on my work computer. Maybe I am better off not seeing it.

-Damman

GMoney said...

I pulled it off of your facebook page. It's the one from Mexico with you posing with that random dude. I was hoping to find one with you and Fry-Daddy spooning, but it was not meant to be.