Monday, March 10, 2008

The Middle Finger: Miami Heat



You know what, I feel fortunate. For as bad as some of my favorite teams have been over the past few years, one thing that I can say is that they've never given up. And you can't say that about one team. No, one team has completely packed in. From the front office, to the players, to the coach...they have moved on. They don't care about their fans. Season ticket holders? Fuck 'em, they don't need them. All they care about is themselves. It really is dispiccable when you think about it. If it wasn't for the New York Knicks dirty diaper of a season, they would stand out even more for being the pieces of shit that they truly are.

And that is why this week's Middle Finger goes to the Miami Heat.

Let's start from the top first. How about a big FUCK YOU to Pat Riley? Nevermind that he is completely incompetent and has no idea regarding talent evaluation. Nevermind that he shit on Stan Van Gundy two years ago so he could piggyback a championship. Nevermind that he has a long standing affinity toward racism (he played on the Kentucky team that lost to the all-black Texas Western back in the day but the racist part likely isn't true...I'll let you decide). Nevermind that he rocked an awesome mustache in the picture provided yet shaved it off like the merkin that he is. You have to give credit where credit is due...Pat Riley is a dick.

Recently, he announced that he may miss a few games down the stretch, even though he is the HEAD COACH, to go out to college games and scout players. I'm not making this up. The head coach of the Miami Heat will be skipping some games to look at kids who likely won't even be on his roster next season. Apparently, videotapes and workouts aren't good enough for Riles. He needs to get a live look instead of doing what he's paid to do in the first place. I noticed that he was in attendance at the Indiana/Penn State game on Sunday. He had to be impressed with Eric Gordon who couldn't even win in Happy Valley. You know why they call it that? Because every opponent leaves there happy. But you know what, Gordon would be a good fit because he can't beat crappy teams either. Fuck you, Pat Riley. Be a man and ride the season out. Only cowards run and hide.

Let's move on to Dwyane Wade. He should definitely be taken out of Charles' Five now. Wade took time out from riding around in wheelchairs due to a shoulder injury to have season ending knee surgery. My question is: now that he got his knee worked on, will he walk around in a sling? A neck brace? One of those big cones that they put on the heads of dogs? This is complete bullshit by the way. Do you really think that if the Heat were in the playoff mix, that he would be getting this work done? Hell no. Much like Riley, Wade is turning his back on his teammates. He quit. He doesn't want to realize that he's one of the main reasons that they are 11-51. For the mathematically deficient out there, that is an 18% percentage...and I rounded up. What a joke that title was two years ago. They are the NBA version of the Florida Marlins: a complete fucking fluke. A paper champion.

One more "fuck you" goes out to Ricky Davis. Why? Just because Mr. Triple Double always deserves one. You shouldn't need a reason to give the bird to Davis who may or may not have the worst winning percentage in the history of the NBA.






So enjoy your Middle Finger, Miami Heat. Thanks for tanking your season. Your 6 fans must be very happy. I only hope that their lottery fate goes the same way as the Grizzlies, Celtics, and Bucks of last year. Quitters should never be rewarded. Unless the reward is a Money Shot Middle Finger.

10 comments:

J Beanie said...

I feel sorry for Michael Beasley.

GMoney said...

Beanie, I have a feeling that you were a fan of the infamous Ricky Davis triple double.

J Beanie said...

I was. You got to do what you got to do. That has to rank as one of the greatest moments in Cavaliers/NBA history.

Anonymous said...

I don't see anything wrong with what Wade did or what Riley did.

The Heat are obviously not going anywhere, so why risk having your star player play through a knee injury because he may hurt it worse and be in danger of missing time next year. I say get healhty and be ready to come back strong next year when he will have Beasley as a teammate to go along with Sean Marion. That has the makings for a pretty good threesome. I realize that Wade wants to play in the Olympics, which kind of contradicts his reson for sitting, but that is besides the point.

As for Riley, he is also the team President and GM so he should go out there and try to do the best job that he can in scouting players. You can sometimes get a better feel for a player seeing him in person as opposed to on film.

Now, I will be the first to admit that I really don't know jack shit about the NBA, but I as a fan of sports I think this agruement makes sense. If I was a Heat fan I would want my star player completely healthy for next and I would want to draft the best player possible. Both Riley and Wade's decision will make this possible. This is season is a lost cause. If Wade plays you might win 3 or 4 more games. What good is that going to do?

I will close this post by saying I think Wade might be new Penny Hardaway. What do you think? Sorry I wrote so much. It's been a week since I have commented, so I had a lot of bent up opinion in me.

-Damman

GMoney said...

Yeah, what the fuck is going on with you and you lack of comments? Find a better blog? Don't answer that.

I understand why they are doing what they are doing, but it doesn't make it right. They built that mess, deal with it. Don't bail on it.

jessegscott said...

I hate pat riley too. always have and always will. he is an overrated Turd. quitter, and anything else you can call him.. Ugh I hate him.. He did weasel his way to that championship somehow. as for calling them the Florida Marlins of the NBA.. I dont totally agree there. The Marlins do have TWO world series champoinships

cuzoogle said...

karma is a bitch for winning an NBA title you should not of won.

Tony B. said...

What a terribly posed basketball card. Why would Riley be in the worst looking triple threat position, protecting the ball from defenders in the hallway?

rstiles said...

I used to be a big Riley fan when he was with the Lakers and Knicks...but lately he seems lost...

It is obvious the Heat are tanking the season to get Beasley with the first pick or Mayo with the second pick..

Kyle said...

Fuck that punk motherfucker Pat Fucking Riley. Forcing out Stan Van Ron Jeremy to steal his NBA championship was a classless, bullshit move. And now pulling the Coach K midseason abandon ship? Shameful.