Friday, February 15, 2008
We had a heated debate here on Wednesday about which iconic 90's show was better: Saved By The Bell or Beverly Hills 90210. Today, I'm giving you all 5 quick and potentially rhetorical questions comparing the shows. Give me your answers in the comments. I'll be dropping the answer key tomorrow. This quiz is brought to you by the still sexy star of both shows, Miss Tiffani Thiessen (I know Tori Spelling was on both, too, but she doesn't count because she sucks). Let's get it on, I'm leaving work today at 1 and need to get some work done...
1. Which is the better restaurant: The Max or The Peach Pit (do NOT include The After Dark in your answer, this is purely on dining experience)?
ANSWER - Have you seen the food that Ed Alonzo and that weirdo James serve the kids from Bayside??? It looks worse than cafeteria food! Nat on the otherhand, prepares the food at his greasy spoon with love and care. The Peach Pit is the answer to almost every question in life.
2. If these shows were on Cinemax, who would you have pulled more ass: Zack Morris or Dylan McKay?
ANSWER - Yeah, it's Dylan and that was an easy one. The character of Dylan fits perfectly into a Cinemax plot.
3. Which of these was the more heartbreaking moment: When Kelly dumped Zack at some sort of costume party dance to be with the overly queer-looking Jeff or when Dylan watched his new wife (played by the lovely Rebecca Gayheart) get murdered by her own father?
ANSWER - This one is tough and the fiancee and I were discussing this last night. Kelly cheated on Zack and broke up with him while he was wearing tights and Jesse and Slater were singing "How Am I Supposed To Live Without You" in the background. Yeah, it sucked for Dylan, but he only started dating her because he wanted to kill her mob boss father. He played with fire, he got burnt. I'm giving this one to Zack for most heartbreaking because Kelly was a slut.
4. What was the most unbelievable musical revelation: The three girls from Bayside as "Hot Sundae" (Jesse breaks down after abusing pep pills!!!) and the odd band "Zack Attack" that apparently was good enough to have Kasey Kasam follow them around or the fact that we were meant to believe that David Silver was some sort of awesome club DJ?
ANSWER - OK, what is more far-fetched? America loving 3 cute girls who sing pop songs, a group of friends hitting it big with songs about being friends and whatnot, or an absolute douchebag becoming a star DJ? Sorry, club music is for fags and Brian Austin Green was not believable in the roll at all.
5. What was the more unintentionally funny moment: When Zack found out that he was part Native American and did a report dressed as an Indian or the great Ray Pruitt pushing Donna down the stairs?
ANSWER - I'm surprised at you people. This one was such a slam dunk yet you all went in the opposite direction. Of course the answer is Ray Pruitt!!! Didn't we all want to push Donna down a flight of stairs? He just had the balls and moxie to pull it off. How do you talk to an angel, bitch.
Tough calls all around. I wish you the best of luck. Before I leave, my heart goes out to the people at Northern Illinois...stay strong, MAC pride. I'll be back tomorrow with the answer grid. Peace.