Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I Think I Hear "Taps"

After last night's onslaught of terrible shots and turnovers, my Cavaliers now stand in the dreaded 3-0 hole. I am not giving up on them yet, but come on, even the most fickle fan can see the white light of this season approaching. Are the Spurs really going to lose 4 in a row including two at home??? I doubt it. This season has, for the most part, been a very enjoyable ride and I hope it doesn't end in Cleveland. DON'T LET THEM CELEBRATE IN YOUR HOME.

As far as this series has gone, what really pisses me off is that not only is San Antonio a way better team, but that they are catching all the breaks and getting all the whistles to go their way. Now hear me out because I believe that blaming the refs for losses is akin to saying that alcoholism is a disease (it isn't, get over it, you're a drunk). But Bron Bron gets raped EVERY time he takes it to the rack and gets whistles about 25% of the time. I'm not even going to bring up the missed fouls on the threes last night (Bron at the end and Gibson at the end of the 3rd which was a terrible missed call). And as far as catching all the breaks, just watch, every time there is a loose ball, it kicks off right where a Spur is standing. Seriously, when balls go squirting, they always go to a Spur. And don't get me started on the 3 point "marksmanship" of Bruce Bowen and Brent Barry. Fuck that. They both suck. LeBron has been a whiter shade of horrible this series by committing stupid fouls and not knowing what a mid-range jumper is. I made this comparison analogy last night during the game to the roommates. Drew Gooden is to the basketball court as Michael Vick is to real life. Just a complete moron.

So the question I've been trying to find the answer to all day is, and yes I do believe in sports karma and that there is a divine being that dictates who is going to have the ball bounce their way in big games/series, Why San Antonio??? Seriously. Their fans suck and need music to be told when to cheer. They are killing the NBA. Their biggest superstar is a mexican bitch who isn't half as hot as she thinks she is. Why do the Sports Gods continue to shit on Cleveland (and also Buffalo, San Diego, and Philly)??? Clevelanders are some of the most diehard sports fans in the world, yet never get to experience singing We Are The Champions at the end of any season. It doesn't make any sense to me. Why would MY sports Gods allow the hick city of San Antonio to celebrate a championship for the 4th time in the last decade???

But it's not over yet. I hold out a tiny bit of hope. Yes, I remember it all too well. My 2004 Yankees...it could happen again...maybe...doubtful.

No comments: