Tuesday, January 30, 2007

He's Baaaaaaaaaaaaack

I was going to do my Super Bowl prediction blog today but then realized that I will surely be bored out of my gourd on Thursday and will do it then. For their is something far more important than the Super Bowl happening tonight at 10 pm. Two-A-Days is back for Season 2!!!

This is easily my favorite reality show since it has to do with one of my true passions: high school football. The "passion" thing is sarcasm but seriously, the show is great.

If you haven't seen the show, I recommend it. It's about Hoover High School in Alabama and their national powerhouse program coached by the great RUSH PROPST, a real American hero and beloved son of the South. Hoover is coming off a state championship this season and lost such great characters such as Alex (bangin' freshmen) Binder, Max (invited the defensive coordinator over for Thanksgivin') Lerner, and Repete "What am I gonna do, he's my dad" Smith who's father had a knack for showing up to games drunk. That fag, Goose, is gone probably pursuing his dream at U of Alabama to be an orthopedic surgeon...what a douche bag. He better not be nailing Kristen. Anywho, the only returning main characters to the show this time are The Icon, RUSH PROPST, and QB Ross Wilson. I have a feeling this season will be Ross's season to get most of the camera time.

And while I do know how their season ends already, I am still looking forward to watching the drama unfold. For the first time ever I can officially say...GO BUCS!!!

Weekend update with Kevin Nealon: Really looking forward to this weekend as Friday features the 26th celebration of my lowlife roommate's birth. If you are in the Columbus area, come to The Stube Friday night, I'm sure Buke will be falling down a lot. Saturday is a reunification of some Miami alums for some quality Redhawk basketball and postgame Chardonnays. White Guys 64, Western Michigan 49.

One more side note: At the end of We Are Marshall when the narrator says that "Miami University defeated The Herd the next week 66-6", I gave a huge fist pump and whispered "yes". This game took place 8 years before I was born. Saturday night, Sports Time Ohio had an old Miami/Cincinnati basketball game from 1985 on and I flipped it on with 5 minutes left in the second half. The Ron Harper-led Redskins defeated UC by 1 with a buzzer beater and when the clock read 0:00, I was standing up fist pumping wildly like when Michael Jordan hit "the shot" over Craig Ehlo. So my question is, am I pathetic or just a great fan? I mean both of these games happened over 20 years ago yet I celebrate them like I'm watching them live.

Oh well, Super Bowl prediction Thursday, and I have my own system for predicting the score based on three factors: Karma, Character, and Past. Don't miss it.

2 comments:

saul hudson said...

I like the undying support of an alma mater any day. I truly despise those folks that blindly follow some program for no other reason than a few big wins and a couple of solid seasons. Back your school, period.

Anonymous said...

It is useful to try everything in practise anyway and I like that here it's always possible to find something new. :)