Saturday, January 20, 2007

Championship Weekend, The Death of a Legend, and Some Randoms


First off, just read that former wrestler Bam Bam Bigelow died. I never really liked this guy when I was younger, always seemed a little too scary. I mean, what guy gets his skull tatted. The "flaming unitard" was always nice. And for being 400 pounds, the guy had some pretty sweet flips and shit. Anywho, rest in peace, Bam Bam.
On a completely tasteless note, Bam Bam Bigelow will not be able to watch the NFL conference championships tomorrow which I have been pumped for all week. Sorry Bam Bam, I win this round. I can't believe people are talking about how much they hate the Colts/Pats...are you kidding me??? Would you rather watch steroid user Shawne Merriman and the Chargers vs. accessory to murder Ray Lewis and the Ravens??? Anyway, for all you gambling junkies out there, here are my predictions and analysis.
NFC - Saints 24, Bears 16. I heard that snow is in the forecast which should tame the scoring a bit, but I believe in sports karma and New Orleans deserves this win more than Chicago. Rex Grossman is going to be bad tomorrow.
AFC - Colts 30, Patriots 24. Once again, sports karma, this is Peyton's year to exorcise his demons. If he can't do it tomorrow, it ain't ever happening for him. Maybe he could just "rub some dirt on it". God, I hate that commercial.
Randoms:
--I have to admit that my post this week about Teen Wolf was perhaps the greatest blog in the history of mankind.
--Nothing pisses me off more than people that tell me that I should give NASCAR a chance. No I shouldn't. I had a couple of sports interests available a few years ago but bowling (thanks PDW) and golf (thanks Tiger) filled them up quickly. I especially don't want to hear about your favorite driver (Craig of The Stube talking my ear off about Clint Bowyer).
--24 is amazing. But I brought this up Monday while watching it with the roommates, why doesn't the president always do what Jack recommends??? Has he not seen the show before? JACK IS ALWAYS RIGHT!!! And furthermore, they never show Jack eating, drinking, or going to the bathroom...what's up with that?
--The Knights of Prosperity is a hilarious show (Wed, 9 pm, ABC).
--NEXT WEEK!!! Next week I am pitching an idea for my movie to you, my loyal readers. I'm still working one some casting issues, but I should have it up Monday or Tuesday. And I know what you're thinking, "G$? Making a movie? I'm sure it sucks." Well, how many movies have ever sucked that starred Ian Ziering, Booger from Revenge of the Nerds, AND Mr. Belvedere??? And those guys just play marginal roles!!! Just wait and see, you will enjoy.

No comments: