Sunday, August 06, 2006

Tunes I'm Listening To Right Now

I promised some that I would post a topic of what I'm currently listening to. Here we go, definitely downloadable, yet somewhat obscure.

1. Boz Scaggs - Lido Shuffle
2. Death Cab For Cutie - Crooked Teeth
3. Electric Light Orchestra - Don't Bring Me Down
4. Golden Earring - Twilight Zone and Radar Love--Radar Love fucking rules.
5. Guster - One Man Wrecking Machine
6. Anything from the Team America: World Police Soundtrack
7. King Harvest - Dancing In the Moonlight
8. Thin Lizzy - Whiskey in the Jar

More on #8. When I first heard Metallica cover "Whiskey in the Jar", I thought it was awesome. But now that I'm older, I wanted to know what the original sounded like. And if not the original, a version from a couple decades ago. I found a version by Thin Lizzy and it is absolutely amazing. It's totally stripped down without being as loud. You can actually hear the lyrics too, which by the way, it's a good story. I absolutely recommend a download of this song whether be by Metallica or Thin Lizzy or anyone else.

No comments: