Sunday, July 16, 2006

Movie Review: Pirate of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest



I didn't even watch the first PotC movie until a few months ago and the only reason I did is because Dead Man's Chest was predicted to be the biggest movie of the summer. The first one was average-to-good but DMC was phenomenal. I was very impressed. You would think that Disney doing movies about pirates would be terrible, but no so. Really enjoyed it and the 2.5 hours just flew by. Couple thoughts:

1. Johnny Depp's character, Jack Sparrow, looks an awful lot like the old Tampa Bay Bucs logo. You know, when they wore the creamsicle orange and red.

2. Keira Knightly, who I found wicked annoying in the first one, is amazing. Hot as hell.

3. Stellan SkarsgÄrd (Bootstrap Bill) and Geoffrey Rush (Barbossa) are amazing actors. Best actors in both of those movies by far.

4. Finally, I love the Lord of the Rings trilogy, but Orlando Bloom sucks. He looks like a woman and he acts like a pussy. When he tries to be "tough" he looks more pathetic than anything.

G$'s rating = A-...would've been a straight A if they had cast anyone besides Orlando Bloom (nice name, homo).


Other movies I've seen this summer and a quick grade and comment. We'll start with the best movie I've seen, not counting Pirates or Pirates of the Caribbean 2.

1. Mission Impossible III B+...laugh all you want but the movie was pretty sweet.
2. Inside Man B+...movie made me jump on the Clive Owen bandwagon.
3. Nacho Libre C...not as funny as I hoped.
4. The DaVinci Code D+...the book sucked so I don't know why I thought the movie was going to be better. Actually fell asleep during it.
5. Poseidon D-...a D- only because it was nice to see Kurt Russell back on the screen. Completely an F movie though. Josh Lucas blows Orland Bloom.

No comments: